What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advanced Nutrients

dwarfganja

Considering using these nutes in a DWC.

Anyone ever use or currently using?

Sensi Grow Part A/B
Sensi Bloom Part A/B

Thanks!

Honestly I don't know.

I have only used AN. I do know that I have not had any problems traced back to the nuts I am using. No deficiencies, no burns, or anything else. Any fuck up has been my own.

It's pricey, is it worth it...lol welcome to the internet, you will hear everything here.

I can't recommend anything I can tell you what I use and show you what it looks like. From there, it's up to you.

Funny, I am about done with the AN I have and I either will go back, no reason not to, or try something else out....idk

Sensibowl

Honestly I don't know.

I have only used AN. I do know that I have not had any problems traced back to the nuts I am using. No deficiencies, no burns, or anything else. Any fuck up has been my own.

It's pricey, is it worth it...lol welcome to the internet, you will hear everything here.

I can't recommend anything I can tell you what I use and show you what it looks like. From there, it's up to you.

Funny, I am about done with the AN I have and I either will go back, no reason not to, or try something else out....idk

gotta echo what obscuredbycloud said.

I've only used Advanced too, well, in the early days that wasn't around. Had to do some things old school with a lot of reading and a lot of mistakes.

A LOT of mistakes. A lot of chemicals that I would never used in my grows today. I digress.

Now, even though my name sounds like I'm a Sensi lover, that wasn't actually why I chose the name. I thought 'Sensible + bowl = sensibowl' and a couple of my friends loved it.

The truth? I AM a Sensi lover. Funny enough. I used to be into the Grow-Micro-Bloom combo, which is great but the Sensi A&B are just simpler for me to use in my setup. Now, I have to admit I haven't run the sort of setup you're talking about, so I'm not sure if there would be differences.

Nothing but good times for me with Sensi - well, the one time that I decided to forget to read the package, yeah, that was bad. But my mistake. Oh, I blamed it on AN for a while, but then I had to face the truth - my bad.

I say go for using it for a grow, see how it works out. I think you'll probably be happy with it. And if not, don't they have some 100% guarantee? Or am I mixing them up with someone else?

:smokeit:

Socomvet

sensibowl you are a AN rep huh?? I just glanced at all your 13 posts and what do you know they all are about AN in one way or another lol

BerndV

sensibowl you are a AN rep huh?? I just glanced at all your 13 posts and what do you know they all are about AN in one way or another lol

He is more than just a rep; he is one of the owners. Sensibowl is "Big Mike" Straumietis.

Big Foot

I prefer advanced nutrients, find it the best for yield, vigor, and overall plant health. I don't like general hydroponics as its more expensive where I live and is not as good. Not hear to start another meaningless "General Hydroponics Vs Advanced Nutrients," thread so this is my opinion.

swordfish

AN IS EXPENSIVE BUT IT WORKS 100% I SWEAR BUY IT, ALL MY FRIENDS WHO WERE DIE-HARD GH USERS SAW AN INCREASE OF 15-20% WHEN THEY MADE THE SWITCH. ITS VERY RARE THAT I DO NOT GET 2+ PER LIGHT ON THE 2+ LINE. IF YOUR RUNNING A SMALL LIGHT IN A CLOSET AN MIGHT NOT BE FOR YOU, YOU HAVE TO ASK IF YOU WANA MAKE THE INVESTMENT , THE BEST THING I FOUND WHEN I WAS JUST STARTING OUT WAS THE NUTE CALCULATOR JUST START A LITTLE LIGHTER AND WATCH YOUR "KIDS". I DO NOT WORK FOR ADVANCED BUT I WOULD TRY THESE PRODUCTS AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK YOURSELF

BIG BUD, OVERDRIVE, B52, SENSIZYME AND CONNISEUR- WHICH I REALLY ONY RECO FOR BIGGER GARDNES AND MORE EXPERIANCE.

I DO HEAR THAT HOUSE AND GARDEN IS ALSO A FANTASTIC LINE

B

Bud Bug

ITS VERY RARE THAT I DO NOT GET 2+ PER LIGHT ON THE 2+ LINE.

Anyone can get 2lb per light. Veg the plant long enough and you'll get it. You don't just magically get 2lb per light because you switched nutrients. There are too many variables.

Oh and most of you don't remember but when their 2+ line came out people would burn the shit out of their plants following the AN feed chart because the ppm's were so high. Funny how all cannabis strains don't fit into the same light/veg/flower/ppm feeding category.

Anyways nothing wrong with AN its just like all the other foods. Except for their 2/ml per liter reformulation which is bs as the products prices have gone but the ml's per gallon also went up.

Rhino skin is $90 per gal with 2ml per liter usage (8ml per gallon) while all the other silicate products with the same concentration are $35 per gal with 5/10 ml per gallon usage. Shit you can buy CHT Potassium Silicate which is thick/concentrated as shit for $35 per 1 liter and you only have to use 1ml per gallon.