What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adolf Hitlers watch coming up for auction

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A watch belonging to Adolf Hitler sold for $3.5 million ,,,
It’s an early Jaegar le Couture Reverso dress watch,,,,,,
I believe it was taken from “ The Eagles Nest” at the end of the war by a French Sargent,,,,,
It’s expected to surpass the guide estimate so I can’t imagine what this watch will fetch,,,s2

Attachments

• 13A49310-2E74-43E4-9115-1DA0741D8218.jpeg
    13A49310-2E74-43E4-9115-1DA0741D8218.jpeg
    673.3 KB · Views: 72
  • F2AE54FA-2157-4070-9C55-B342DF4CCE3B.jpeg
    F2AE54FA-2157-4070-9C55-B342DF4CCE3B.jpeg
    547.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 67170347-5CFC-4C87-84AB-08BB566DB5F9.jpeg
    67170347-5CFC-4C87-84AB-08BB566DB5F9.jpeg
    745.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 79B4DDAE-1C34-48C5-BBA2-BF84F052447A.jpeg
    79B4DDAE-1C34-48C5-BBA2-BF84F052447A.jpeg
    854 KB · Views: 65
  • 38628192-774D-425E-B648-121D5A959F47.jpeg
    38628192-774D-425E-B648-121D5A959F47.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its not even a nice example. I'd be surprised if it got over 1 million UK. Not to mention, disgusted at the buyer.

RobFromTX

Its not even a nice example. I'd be surprised if it got over 1 million UK. Not to mention, disgusted at the buyer.
Ive met enough uber rich folks to know their general mentality. They buy things just so they can be the ones that own them. They wont care about the symbolism behind the watch. Its about owning Hitlers watch. I wouldn't be surprised if Soros himself had one of his handlers in the auction

Reactions: xet

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well.. I hope the one that buys doeesn't want to wear it. Would be an awkward piece..
It's a collection piece, seems interesting even as an watch. And it's one of a kind. So many could buy it even if not big fans of his ideology. but yeah I get how the buyer could be totally evil in some instances.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It’s a huge market for WW2 memorabilia,,,
Unfortunately I believe the watch was sold for £3.5 million and I wouldn’t think the buyer will seek publicity,,,,,
,I have edited the og post to recognise the sale ,,
Something very wrong if the buyer actually wore the watch but it’s not a “ stretch “ to imagine the type of person who bought this watch other then a museum,,,

Ca++

175,000 people would pay 20 each, just to wear it briefly.
3.5 is nothing. Who has made a greater contribution to history. Being careful how you use the term greater.

St. Phatty

I would hope a museum would buy it so the youth can learn from the evils of history.

But the people who pulled Hitler's strings never faced Justice for their actions.

Wall Street, for example.

Hitler wasn't a bad guy because of the incredible mythology that has been constructed around him.

He was a bad guy because he destroyed the Germany that existed before he took office, in 1934.

He wasn't even elected Chancellor. He was forced into the position. He only got 49.6% of the vote in 1934. Much like Bush in 2000.

Jewish French historian Prof. Dommergue places the Jewish population in WW2 Europe at 3.3 Million.

Census Historian Walter Sanning places the Jewish population in 1941 at 3.5 Million -
with an emigration rate of 3300 a day, 3000 to the US & 300 to Israel.

BOOK: Walter Sanning, "The Dissolution of Eastern European Jewry",

BOOK: Webster Tarpley and Anton Chaitkin, "George Bush, The Un-authorized Biography".
note Chapter 2, "the Hitler Project".

Wall Street was caught loaning money to WW2 Germany in October 1942 - in the middle of the War.
Mr. Prescott Bush, father of one US president and grand-father of another, was managing the bank whose assets were seized.

Then, in the early 1950's, Prescott Bush was elected to the US Senate for Connecticut.

How can a man who was caught loaning money to Mr. Hitler, during the middle of WW2, then get elected to the US Senate - if he contributed to the alleged Holocaust ?

St. Phatty

What does that have to do with my statement.

And Now George W. Bush is giving $ to Zelensky who offices more than 1,000 openly public Nazis in his government. This has been your Ted Talk Masterclass. Thank you.
Mel Gibson could deliver that.

His 2006 drunk driving arrest was as Succinct and Accurate as any History Lecture in history.

"Jews are responsible for all the Wars in the World".

It doesn't quite work as a Haiku though.

Also he didn't say anything about Grenada.

Why did Mr. Reagan need to impose his will on a tiny Caribbean Country ?

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Who knows if Adolf was wearing the watch?

Sometimes I ask me, were the media report about without the 3rd Reich? Sometimes I´ve got the feeling it was lasting for hundreds of years but it was only 13 years inclusive 6 years war. Bad and sad enough but a short period. From 2009 until today for excample.

Last edited:

moose eater

I don't think it's one of those items for which I'd feel an urge, like, "Ooooh.. I gotta'have that!! Imagine what the neighbors will think when they see this!!"

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a quick update,,
I was able to ascertain that the watch was sold for a $1 million dollars at an auction in the USA and not the og sum quoted at £3.5 mil,,
many persons and groups condemned the auction but the watch is now with its new owner,,,

Reactions: GMT

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm hoping the buyer saw most of the value in a one of one JLC Reverso rather than the timepiece of evil. I'm doubtful though. The trading of nazi memorabilia should be banned, like ivory.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
history focuses on his paternal grandfather, who was never identified. his father abandoned the family when Adolph was young. never read anything concerning his mother except that he loved her & despised his father, understandable after being abandoned.

AlphaCentaury78

Cosmonauta cannabico 🚀
Hitler was a psychopath and assassin!!
Unfortunately, even today in the world there are many people with Nazi ideology.
It is not appropriate for me sell and buy Hitler or Nazi memorabilia.
Now some rich people will boast of having Hitler's watch!

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Hitler was a psychopath and assassin!!
Unfortunately, even today in the world there are many people with Nazi ideology.
It is not appropriate for me sell and buy Hitler or Nazi memorabilia.
Now some rich people will boast of having Hitler's watch!

You could always sue your History teachers for Malpractice.

AlphaCentaury78

Cosmonauta cannabico 🚀
What are you talking about? Tell to the jewish, gypsies, homosexuals, disabled.
Anything else?
🤷🏻

Last edited: