What's new

Adjusting water ph

Bio boy

My ro water comes out at 6.5 if I add any fish or anything it drops to 5.5 I’d like to adjust this to 6-6.5 before feeding as my soil is 5.8 I don’t want to drop the ph any

currently I use potassium silicate to adjust ph but been told not to use to much potassium now so what can I adjust it with ?

Dime

Potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate to bring it up,I have made a slurry of baking soda and worked fine.Nitric acid for veg and phosphoric acid for flowering to bring it down

jackspratt61

My ro water comes out at 6.5 if I add any fish or anything it drops to 5.5 I’d like to adjust this to 6-6.5 before feeding as my soil is 5.8 I don’t want to drop the ph any

currently I use potassium silicate to adjust ph but been told not to use to much potassium now so what can I adjust it with ?
Small amounts of calcium carbonate,preferably micronized,will do the job and stabilize the ph too.

Three Berries

Isn't ammonia a gas?
You can get what is called clear ammonia in the cleaning section. Cheap. make sure it is just ammonia and no soap.

More than likely ammonia gas dissolved in RO.

Anhydrous ammonia is a gas at atmospheric pressure. A liquid under pressure. It's what most corn farmers use around here for nitrogen. As it also lowers soil pH. It comes in many concentrations diluted with water.

Last edited:

Bio boy

You can get what is called clear ammonia in the cleaning section. Cheap. make sure it is just ammonia and no soap.

More than likely ammonia gas dissolved in RO.

Anhydrous ammonia is a gas at atmospheric pressure. A liquid under pressure. It's what most corn farmers use around here for nitrogen. As it also lowers soil pH. It comes in many concentrations diluted with water.
Isn’t ammonia bad for cannabis ?