What's new

Ad blocker, NO MORE CREEPY GOOGLE ADS.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'm so relieved about my recent find.

Firefox has an ad blocker plugin that stop all those creepy google ads that seem to bombard you on every website of whatever you were shopping for last.

This is so annoying. I was shopping for my gf's birthday the past few days and when she used my computer, every website she went to, there were ads of the exact item I'm going to buy her.

I don't have the link for the free program, just look it up. Its called ad-blocker plus, and its for mozilla firefox.

Just a tip for those of you who hate google ads as much as I do.

IC mag ads are unaffected. I don't mind them at all, as long as they aren't floating across the screen.

Last edited:

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Yup, especially the latest version.

My gf uses internet explorer and has numerous toolbars stacked across the top of her screen, I think 3 or 4 and she doesn't use any of them.

MIway

Veteran
Been a Firefox fan for years, Ad Block Plus and No Script make surfing or shopping online cool again.
IE is a total POS.

Except most sites just don't work... constantly have to allow scripts & cookies... ya know, make temp exceptions... even here.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Actually, it works even on ads on ICmag if you desire.. mouse over any of those ads and a tab will appear at the upper right corner of the that sez 'block'.. if this doesn't work, you can right click on it and it will give you an option to block the image. That along with script blocker and ur runnin good.. script blocker can be a bit of a pain, but it stops malicious scripts from being run on your machine..

mgk :tiphat:

roughoutline

I agree with the OP. Can be weird to see adverts of things you looked at from an hour ago or a couple of days ago. They call it "personalised", I call it cyber stalking.

Except most sites just don't work... constantly have to allow scripts & cookies... ya know, make temp exceptions... even here.

Nah, it works very well, especially for just surfing around, if you have trusted site's you can simply Allow and then block any image or frame or both.
It also blocks funky scripts and popups are a thing of the past.

It takes only a little getting used too, I've not even had to use an antivirus program in many years.

guys adblock really change my life , the only thing you must do is to set up a whitelist for the trusted site's and the ones you whant to support .
if you are intrested adblock is crowdfunding a promotional campaign over web , tv and radio to stop promotional campaigns hahahahahahaha
they said " it will be the last ad you'll see " !!!!!

dddaver

Veteran
I'm not sure if this is valid or not. I use Firefox and that adblocker plus add-on and am reasonably happy with them, although recent news about the NSA hacking FF raises some concern. But the main reason I won't use Google Chrome is I know Google does take liberties and invades personal privacy in your (or is it their?) gmail by filtering everyone of your emails and then "tailors" your Google searches with data gleaned from your emails. It seems just a small step to me for them to be doing similar invasions, even worse, if you use their Chrome browser. Then they get ALL your browsing to use to their advantage.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I'm not sure if this is valid or not. I use Firefox and that adblocker plus add-on and am reasonably happy with them, although recent news about the NSA hacking FF raises some concern. But the main reason I won't use Google Chrome is I know Google does take liberties and invades personal privacy in your (or is it their?) gmail by filtering everyone of your emails and then "tailors" your Google searches with data gleaned from your emails. It seems just a small step to me for them to be doing similar invasions, even worse, if you use their Chrome browser. Then they get ALL your browsing to use to their advantage.

No matter what we using the whole entire INTERNET is taped.

Latest posts

Latest posts