What's new

ace sativas x chems/ diesels

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i've seen a couple of posts talking about crosses between chemdog strains (and close relatives) and ace sativas.

i'm interested in ANY and ALL experiences you guys have hybridizing pure or almost pure ace sativas with chems, diesels... (preferably half n half, not just like 1/12th chem lol, just sayin)

(and i mean the diesels that have a direct connection with the original chem-d/ chem4/ chem91 skunkVA / chem sis cuts... tres dawg, stardawg, onycd, guava IX, etc. or even sour diesel... not really interested in O.G. kushes... no offense, i'm sure they're quality... i just don't respond well to those strains for whatever reason. might be the high myrcene, idk.)

smoke reports, thoughts/ experiences in general, etc.???

please and thank you. 🐸

(i'm really all about sativas, but something about the chem family... they hit the right buttons in terms of relief, but can also be MADLY psychedelic/ trance inducing. the only modern commercial hybrids i love tend to be related to chemdog.)

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
i've seen a couple of posts talking about crosses between chemdog strains (and close relatives) and ace sativas.

i'm interested in ANY and ALL experiences you guys have hybridizing pure or almost pure ace sativas with chems, diesels... (preferably half n half, not just like 1/12th chem lol, just sayin)

(and i mean the diesels that have a direct connection with the original chem-d/ chem4/ chem91 skunkVA / chem sis cuts... tres dawg, stardawg, onycd, guava IX, etc. or even sour diesel... not really interested in O.G. kushes... no offense, i'm sure they're quality... i just don't respond well to those strains for whatever reason. might be the high myrcene, idk.)

please and thank you. 🐸

(i'm really all about sativas, but something about the chem family... they hit the right buttons in terms of relief, but can also be MADLY psychedelic/ trance inducing. the only modern commercial hybrids i love tend to be related to chemdog.)
Sounds interesting, keep us posted from your side.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
i made it with the malawi

it should be g13xchem91 X malawi

full
full
full

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I think chemdog genes have got to be the most overrated in the game. Mostly garlic terpenes. Not Fuel. Not Gas. Not Diesel etc especially if comparing to Sour D. The smoke is nice and sedating but nothing special. Hard to believe chems are even related to the best OG kushes or ORIGINAL NY Sour Diesel 2005 era imo. Sorry for the rant but anything from Ace crossed to chems would make me cringe

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
personally, i can't think of anything better in terms of your modern commercial hybrids you can find at your standard dispensary. by far.

i used to be able to find some ace malawi crosses (including golden tiger) at the dispensaries, but not in a few years.

now that ace flowers have gone the way of the dodo at the dispos, and with surplus of boring modern commercial hybrids, not much else comes close to the smells (terp profile) of the chemdog varities (imo), nor the effects.

this really highlights how subjective the cannabis experience is.

there are a few others that have high caryphyllene and moderate to low myrcene, but the chemdogs are fairly consistent.

and nothing as of yet gives me that end-of-the-workday decompressing relief while also being pretty darned psychedelic when it wants to be. the perfect hybrid.

as much as i love sour diesel (and yes, i remember the early 2000s east coast redonk dank ass sour d), i think i'd pick certain chemdogs over it. sour diesel tends to have too much myrcene, ime. do love me some sour jack...

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
thanks for the responses, everyone!!

mouthwatering pics up there.

so do the sativas emphasize the trippy/ dense/ kinda dissociative effects that chemdogs seem to have sometimes?

do the chems bring down the soaring highs that the sativas can have? make them more couchlocky? (i rarely get couchlock from various chemdogs, but i know some ppl consider them to be indica heavy hybrids, again... subjective)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

please and thank you. 🐸

Hi @nepalnt21 Many good hybrids could be created by crossing our sativas with diesels and chems, but it's the last thing I would be interested in. Recently, I've become more acquainted with many elite USA clones, and they all taste more or less like diesel, chem, or whatever you like to call it. Strains with a Diesel terpene profile have replaced the generic Dutch sweet Skunk from the 90s. Both are generic to me. The first time you encounter the Diesel terpene profile, it's nice because it's loud and refined, but if you only have such strains to smoke, it becomes boring, both in terms of flavor and effect.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
@dubi

i totally see your point, that's how i feel about all the different cookies strains and relatives, and og kushes (plus i don't like how og kushes typically make me feel).

even though i've been smoking on diesels and chems for almost twenty years, i still am in love with em. i guess it just works with my personal brain chemistry.

even at the dispensary, i typically only get some kinda chem or a relative, and have for years. sometimes mag landrace, a good clear minded, relaxing indica with lots of caryophyllene.

cheers!

Sensistar42

Hi @nepalnt21 Many good hybrids could be created by crossing our sativas with diesels and chems, but it's the last thing I would be interested in. Recently, I've become more acquainted with many elite USA clones, and they all taste more or less like diesel, chem, or whatever you like to call it. Strains with a Diesel terpene profile have replaced the generic Dutch sweet Skunk from the 90s. Both are generic to me. The first time you encounter the Diesel terpene profile, it's nice because it's loud and refined, but if you only have such strains to smoke, it becomes boring, both in terms of flavor and effect.
Hey dubi, from an outside perspective looking at America. Have there been any that catch your eye as far as the elites that you’ve tried lately? Or just bland generic kind of weed?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey dubi, from an outside perspective looking at America. Have there been any that catch your eye as far as the elites that you’ve tried lately? Or just bland generic kind of weed?

I'n not an expert on the new modern American indica elite hybrids, i have tried around 10 or so, and yeah they look amazing, ultra dense flowers, smells are generic Diesel-Kushy with slight differences between them. Effects are potent, but develp quickly high tolerance, even changing from clone to clone to smoke, all are highly related.

In my opinion, Nevil's indicas were superior in potency and terpenes. Black Domina 98 blows away in potency modern American indicas, and first Maple release was way superior in terpenes too, ultra loud exotic musky-baby shit terpenes. Old American Bubba Kush and OG Kush were really really good. The rest after that, not much impressed for what is mostly important: effect. And the yield of the this new American breds is mediocre, one medium size ball here and there, not the big colas and high yields of good old Dutch-American breds from the 90s.

Sensistar42

I'n not an expert on the new modern American indica elite hybrids, i have tried around 10 or so, and yeah they look amazing, ultra dense flowers, smells are generic Diesel-Kushy with slight differences between them. Effects are potent, but develp quickly high tolerance, even changing from clone to clone to smoke, all are highly related.

In my opinion, Nevil's indicas were superior in potency and terpenes. Black Domina 98 blows away in potency modern American indicas, and first Maple release was way superior in terpenes too, ultra loud exotic musky-baby shit terpenes. Old American Bubba Kush and OG Kush were really really good. The rest after that, not much impressed for what is mostly important: effect. And the yield of the this new American breds is mediocre, one medium size ball here and there, not the big colas and high yields of good old Dutch-American breds from the 90s.
Sounds spot on! 🤣 it’s nice to hear it from people in other countries as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts