What's new

ACE R&D: Purple Haze #23 x Zamaldelica F2

OntologicalTurn

Thanks for the update @OntologicalTurn :) Glad to see both already into flowering. #1 looks very much like Zamaldelica regular: Malawi's strong structure, with more Zamal/Thai influence in the finished product. How would you describe her scents now they are becoming more evident ? Terpenes can get really weird in this cross hehehheh

# 1 looks like she is going to be a high yielder. Increase the feeding for macronutrients (also nitrogen) since she is already yellowing in early flowering. I think i saw some spider mites, right ? If so, apply pressure water (especially) on the under part of the leaves, and once the plant is dry, spray with neem or other organic pesticide now you are still on time. I would not recommend to spray with anything after passing mid flowering unless the situation gets dramatic.

Plant #2 shows more Oldtimer's Haze influence, hence the delayed flowering compared with the first one.
Hi Dubi, thers no spider mites at all, maybe some white flys and minador but nothing important. Doggy make a hole close to phxz 1 couple of weeks ago hurting some roots but she is doing better now.

Smell... Is dificult to say yet but something fruity more like guanabana and guaba with some acidity in it, some floral notes too

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Dubi, thers no spider mites at all, maybe some white flys and minador but nothing important...

Hey OntologicalTurn,
great plants but dubi is right, there definitely is danger of a spidermite or similar bug infestation. The little white spots on leaves are bites from little spiders, sometimes red, orange or brown, dark...depends on the variety you got. Look under leaves, they usually are visible when light comes through the leaves.
They start making nets for easier traveling on buds, usually when they do this it's too late for proper removal. It's important to act in time.
Neem or other kind of plant oil based spray will certainly help but if you have time(and a lot of patience) you can still kill a lot of these mites manually and after apply neem(or ...). At this stage it's still possible to save the harvest.

Cheers

OntologicalTurn

Hey OntologicalTurn,
great plants but dubi is right, there definitely is danger of a spidermite or similar bug infestation. The little white spots on leaves are bites from little spiders, sometimes red, orange or brown, dark...depends on the variety you got. Look under leaves, they usually are visible when light comes through the leaves.
They start making nets for easier traveling on buds, usually when they do this it's too late for proper removal. It's important to act in time.
Neem or other kind of plant oil based spray will certainly help but if you have time(and a lot of patience) you can still kill a lot of these mites manually and after apply neem(or ...). At this stage it's still possible to save the harvest.

Cheers
Hi friend. I appreciate the concern, and I listen to recommendations, especially when it comes to the breeder of this variety. I don't want you to think that I am too "proud" to believe that I have nothing to learn, especially when it comes to friendly observations and advice.

But really, and after checking it since Dubi mentioned it, I don't see any signs of spider mites. I'm pretty sure the white dots are due to whitefly. I don't like to take too extreme measures until I see clear signs of an important pest, because I don't want to eliminate beneficial predators that inhabit the plant (jumping spiders, praying mantises, ladybugs), in any case I will continue to check it and if so, I will use extract of neem and potassium soap