What's new

A within-person comparison of the subjective effects of higher vs. lower-Thc cannabis

Cannabis concentrates have much higher concentrations of THC than marijuana (flower) and are quickly gaining popularity in the United States. One hypothesis is that use of higher-THC cannabis (concentrates) might result in greater intoxication and more severe acute negative effects than lower-THC cannabis (marijuana), but few studies have compared the subjective effects of concentrates and marijuana.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32858319/

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Without reading it, one has terps and one has them boiled off. Unless using one of GW's gizmos.

Edit: I forgot all about Rosin. I need to break out my press and squish some up.

Bigger question in my mind is why were the old landraces so potent even when they had a good amount of CBD?

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The study is flawed on a basic level... they surveyed cannabis users. lol I'm always amazed at how little perception most users have of just how much brain function is reduced through improper (proper? I mean, most people don't want to be able to think clearly since it tends to bring focus to their reality ) strain choices. Still, I do agree with the general consensus it created which is a preference for cannabis and not concentrates. Anyone else nearly always want to smoke some cannabis after a good vape hit? lol Terpenes make all the difference.

As for the really strong, really old, old, landrace strains, I would love to see the terpene and cannabinoid profiles on them.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The study is flawed on a basic level... they surveyed cannabis users. lol I'm always amazed at how little perception most users have of just how much brain function is reduced through improper (proper? I mean, most people don't want to be able to think clearly since it tends to bring focus to their reality ) strain choices. Still, I do agree with the general consensus it created which is a preference for cannabis and not concentrates. Anyone else nearly always want to smoke some cannabis after a good vape hit? lol Terpenes make all the difference.

As for the really strong, really old, old, landrace strains, I would love to see the terpene and cannabinoid profiles on them.

I take my pill and sometimes will hit a vape waiting for it to kick in. It's all about balance yin/yang. Can't wait to run Ringo's gift in the upcoming run 8/24:)

Those who medicate, look at strains with a different outlook. From a plethora of strains I have tried, I am narrowing what I grow, to strains that do it for me, and trust me, they aren't based on THC, waaaaaaaaaay to racy for me! I am perfectly content on ACDC in this phoqued up world we currently live in. If Ringo totes anything close to its described profile, I will be in heaven :biggrin: :tiphat:

Tgun

Those who medicate, look at strains with a different outlook. From a plethora of strains I have tried, I am narrowing what I grow, to strains that do it for me:

This is true as I've noticed alot of rec users couldn't care less about most strain names or certain effects, especially if they don't get the most stoned as possible. Some older people actually might prefer something that isn't super high in thc but enjoy the old school fèel/taste of strains like Northern lights or afghan kush. Since I'm medical even some of the lowest thc strains give me a good medicinal experience including cbd. If it's high thc I just often just need less of the product. I often need the more energetic working type of cannabis and usually they are close to 50/50 hybrids for my own purposes. A friend gave me a 1/4 of banner that has been a really nice relief and feeling for working in the garden.

Latest posts

Latest posts