What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question about extracts...

baydestrian707

So is there a way to tell what extract is what it you have let's say 5 gram containers and in each one there's a form of extract in it that almost all looks a like, they're all pretty much a different consistency, what I can say is that I processed each one, so I know for sure one kind could be BHO, and the other Rosin. Aside from trying to tell what's what, can they all be mixed together and further processed in one form for example if I wanted to winterize my product for clarity, or maybe liquidize it all for filling vape carts. Is that possible or should I figure it out and separate the two before doing any of this?

Attachments

• 17029576753415690896179228131845.jpg
    17029576753415690896179228131845.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27

exoticrobotic

Welcome to icmag @baydestrian707

Your extracts all contain concentrated cannabinoids with different amounts of waxes present so will all be of a different consistency.

You could winterize them as one by mixing them all together and dissolving in 95% ethanol, then freezing to separate the waxes.

Or if they have different effects you could do them separately.

baydestrian707

Welcome to icmag @baydestrian707

Your extracts all contain concentrated cannabinoids with different amounts of waxes present so will all be of a different consistency.

You could winterize them as one by mixing them all together and dissolving in 95% ethanol, then freezing to separate the waxes.

Or if they have different effects you could do them separately.
Thanks for the welcome and the info I appreciate it. I think they're all Rosin to be honest after dabbing me all lol. So it's all from a press. Can you winterize Rosin?