What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Month In Canada

b8man

Veteran
Hey ppl -

So, I've got the time and the funds to have a little looksie at a country I've so far neglected. Ultimately, I'd really like to try living in Canada for a while after all the great things i've heard, but first I need to check out a few places, try and find some spots with pot-ential, personality and a friendly easy going outlook - and try and find a way of making it all work.

So really I'd like some recommendations of places which are cool and nice to live in. Important factors include:

Must be a place with a good live music scene
Should be a place I can purchase good weed
Should be a place I can get hold of clones and grow them without too much fear
Must have lots of greenery and be scenic
Should be warm, not cold

I'm planning the trip around June July, and if I like it lots then I'd be back in Sept - Oct for as long as your government allows.

Hints, tips, advice all appreciated. I want to hear the good, bad and ugly - all advice welcome.

Thanks

B8

P.s. If anyone else is thinking of exploring Canada around the same time, get in touch.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
You won't be growing without fear--it's as illegal up here as it is in the US. Our PM is Bush's little drone. Your best bet would be doing soemthing outdoors, as the big thing up here right now is busting the "big bad grow houses".

b8man

Veteran
KharmaGirl - Ok, not without fear - but without the risk of capital punishment hanging over me (like it is now). I'm just talking about a small cab grow for personal use and for fun.

BrownPants - Thanks. Noted.

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
As I said, it's illegal. I'd imagine being a visitor and getting caught would mean alot of trouble and big headaches. Don't wanna meet the RCMP lol.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Should be warm, not cold

Its Canada dude, if you dont spend the winter you have no idea what youre in for. Better apply for your passport now, you might get it by july.

HerbMan26

Verite said:
Its Canada dude, if you dont spend the winter you have no idea what youre in for. Better apply for your passport now, you might get it by july.
Thats so true, i'm just waiting till it warm up a bit before i go down. Check the weather today and guess what -25 :badday: ....lol.

I'm also interested in a answer to this question "Should be a place I can get hold of clones " Are there any such place in canada or how do people get clones? PM's are welcomed

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
b8man said:
Hey ppl -

So, I've got the time and the funds to have a little looksie at a country I've so far neglected. Ultimately, I'd really like to try living in Canada for a while after all the great things i've heard, but first I need to check out a few places, try and find some spots with pot-ential, personality and a friendly easy going outlook - and try and find a way of making it all work.

So really I'd like some recommendations of places which are cool and nice to live in. Important factors include:

Must be a place with a good live music scene
Should be a place I can purchase good weed
Should be a place I can get hold of clones and grow them without too much fear
Must have lots of greenery and be scenic
Should be warm, not cold

I'm planning the trip around June July, and if I like it lots then I'd be back in Sept - Oct for as long as your government allows.

Hints, tips, advice all appreciated. I want to hear the good, bad and ugly - all advice welcome.

Thanks

B8

P.s. If anyone else is thinking of exploring Canada around the same time, get in touch.

Southern Ontario. Lots of everything Niagara Falls to Toronto in 90 mins

And you can stay 6 months

biotek

at the clone store

at the clone store

just kiddin, in most major cites in canada there are retail seed vendor were you can buy seeds in persson and someplaces can enjoy a vapor room or smoke friendly places, be quick though or government is getting more like the usa everyday(vancouver, toronto edmonton etc) clones are hard to get unless you know a fellow grower or a med patient with dr. Rx
bio

JRace

Victoria BC, Vancouver BC.
The Okanagan meets all but the temp and music...cheeper than Vancouver and Victoria, and only 3-5hrs from Vancouver.

G

geminibud

Yeah..British columbia is beautiful beyond anything in the states.

Lemon

After having read your first post, and being a Canadian myself, my principle advice is to avoid southern Ontario like the plague, especially Toronto/Hamilton. The reaso I say this is because you said you wanted a place with friendly people. Of course, there are friendly people everywhere, but a couple of cities have a disproportionate quantity of the other kind. On the other hand, Toronto has a high concentration of pot activists, and even a medical club and coffee shop(s). You won't be getting anything from the medical club unless your seriously documented - access is difficult in this country if you take cannabis as a medicine.

As for growing and laws. DO NOT be fooled by the old stereotype of Canada being ultra pot friendly. It is equally illegal, and in some cases, more so, to grow weed here than it is in some states.

If your looking for weather similar to down south, Southern Ontario and some parts of BC are your only options. Eastern Canada perhaps, but the weather there makes England look like the Sahara.

Basically, Canada is the 51st state. Think of it as just another state, but with a self contained government that the feds dont have jurisdiction over. I'm not trying to be negative, just give you a realistic representation so you're not dissapointed.

British Columbia (eg Vancouver) is your best bet should you choose to visit.

Bodah

Vancouver Island is a very nice place to go, not as hectic as the lower mainland (Vancouver and area). Less traffic, less population density and nicer people in general, imho... Victoria is a great vaction spot, tons of great restaurants and things to do...

hth,
Bod