What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A lil ventilation help please

Ok so I have my greenhouse built and am having a problem keeping it cool or at least at ambient. Here is the build

I have two 48 inch fans currently installed as well as 10 tons of ac. No matter what I’ve tried I can’t keep it cool enough to plant and I’m thinking it may be because of the way I have my fans mounted. Currently I have one fan pushing air in and one fan pulling air out. The fans are 17,100 cfm fans and by my first calculations should have been way overkill on exchanging the air enough to keep it cool. I am 2k sq feet at 12 feet high which would be 24k cubic feet of air right? I’m pushing in 17k and pulling 17 k so wouldn’t that be 34k cfm or would it only be 17 since they are both pushing/pulling air in the same direction?

I know the ac are useless until evening time when the sun isn’t at its brightest so those will just have to be used for overnight. I am wondering if I reversed the fan that is pulling air out and have it push air in as well as adding two more 48 inch fans both pulling air out from the middle will work? I have also looked into building an evaporative cooling wall but the damn humidity here is already killer and I’m afraid doing that will push the humidity to a level that’s is not in my girls best interest. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
77A00533-C15E-433C-9EE9-3622607B0516.png

I was always under the assumption that you need double the intake vs out
I have 3 more of these 48 inch fans if that’s the case. I just don’t wanna start cutting holes in walls if that’s not the case though but I’m at a loss on cooling this damn thing down. I’ve researched a bunch since I’ve had this problem and I’m seeing the big several hundred thousand dollar greenhouses only have exhaust fans coupled with wet walls. So I’m really not sure what to do.

Sport Farmer

Veteran
I don’t have a greenhouse, so my knowledge in that department is limited. I accidentally replied to this thread because my iPad has a mind of its own, but yeah... I know in a room or tent scenario this is how it’s done.

lemonade

Veteran
Really nice greenhouse man! Unfortunately I don't really have any helpful advice for you. I think you’re gonna have to just experiment and find out what works best for you regarding the configuration of the exhaust. Maybe talk to other greenhouse farmers in the area?

Just wanted to wish you luck man! I imagine with the weather change things will be easier for you no?

Ca++

17+17=17 still.

Is it glass or poly? talking of ac at night, makes me wonder what the green house is needed for. Can't you open it up

xet

Ditch witch .. Underground cooling tubes, 8"-10" black poly, run 8 foot deep and 90 foot out to and fro with a cheap fan set to kick on at X temperature and filters to keep critters out of them

I can not open it up per state regulations. All grows must be indoors only constructed with solid walls and fully enclosed roof.

Ditch witch .. Underground cooling tubes, 8"-10" black poly, run 8 foot deep and 90 foot out to and fro with a cheap fan set to kick on at X temperature and filters to keep critters out of them
This may be an option. How big of poly do you recommend ?

Lrus007

Veteran
do you have exit fan high and intake fan low ?
heat rises so want to vent hot air from top.

xet

8" or 10" wide is fine

Do 1 at either end or 1 at the north 1 at the south and 1 midway or w/e, works for winter heating too

So something like this?