What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Bow season starts in less than two weeks here. Been putting up stands and blinds and clipping shooting lanes for the past month.. Yeehaw cant wait.
season opened yesterday here. i'm not going for a couple more weeks, still seeing WAY too many tiny fawns nursing. might go & look for antlers, but does are safe for a while longer.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...back to work today,should be interesting to see the plants after being away for a bit,they have been stacking hard...but also getting attacked by every bloody bug in existence,and at a time when spraying isn't a good idea...outdoors sucks! gonna be glad to put this whole thing behind me when it's done....at least until next spring...at least it's cooler this week,won't be quite as draining riding 44 miles a day...and provided nothing unusual happens i'll hit my goal of 1250km this week,maybe even hit 800 miles for the month...the farm grow should wrap up in a few more weeks,just in time for prime riding season so hoping for a long break before the facility is up and running...

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...taking a break from work,getting burned out from not having any real free time so going to renegotiate my deal to have more time off...all work and no play makes unc a dull boy...having to spend the weekend running around to be ready for the workweek and basically only having a few hours a night during the week to deal with everything is getting to be too much...at least for now...and if i'm having to stay until 5 each day then spend 2 hours riding home i'll have very little time to actually relax and recover from working and riding 43+ miles a day...just not getting enough sleep during the week,falling behind on taking care of stuff at home,had to trash a bunch of buds because i had no time to get it trimmed,and i miss hanging out with friends and going for bike rides just for the pleasure of riding bikes...
going from 100% free time to next to none is just too much...need to re-balance the whole work/life thing
Damn, that didn't take long lol.
Sounds like a page from my book. some day I'll get a day off and not know what to do with myself
season opened yesterday here. i'm not going for a couple more weeks, still seeing WAY too many tiny fawns nursing. might go & look for antlers, but does are safe for a while longer.
The ones with milk in the corner of their mouth are my favorite :D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The ones with milk in the corner of their mouth are my favorite
the most tender by far. i found one (still alive) once that had been hit by a car. i wasn't about to leave it lying there suffering, so i ruined a good broadhead on the gravel under it. by far the best venison i've ever eaten. still had spots on its ass...:whistling:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...at 1173km for the month...just 40 odd miles left to hit 1250km and finish the strava challenge...that's 776 miles for the metrically challenged...most i've ridden in a month ever...finally cooling off too,getting to be vaguely fall-ish...going to be glad to put summer and the outdoor thing behind...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20220927_172415363_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220927_165322987_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220927_165311116_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...just one more km to go to hit 1250km for the month...should be over 800 miles by the time i get home today...more harvesting today,and for the rest of the week...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Got a bit of an internet connection today........

It's been raining all summer here... With that said.... I walk about 2-3 miles a day, and I've been seeing PM everywhere! PM to the right of me, PM to the left.

At night you can smell every ones garden's stank when you walk around. There is this one guy who's had a garden the last couple years. His garden has a nice fragrance to it. There are bushes maybe 10-15 feet from his garden that are PM. Would it be wrong to leave a note on his front door to warn him of the PM so very close to his garden.

I have a bunch of hash to make from this years stuff. I made a bunch of Purple Urkle seeds. But I think the seeds I used, where from the Purple Urkle X Blue Moonshine seeds I made.
The female is about ready to have some cuttings taken after she revegged. It's also the only plant I have growing right now.

well got to go... got to catch a bus..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers....completed the strava challenge yesterday...1284km...797 miles so far,should be over 850 miles total for the month...more harvesting today...and tomorrow...and next week again...almost to the finish line on the outdoor season...i'm ready for a couple of weeks off...

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
When I woke up today I had no idea it would be new bike day..... or old bike day.

Found a $50 raleigh sprite at habitat for humanity store. Wasn't shopping for a vintage bike to fix up. Seems to be in good working condition bur needs a severe cleaning. Think it's a 71-73, I'll have to look for some serial numbers.

Garage is hemorrhaging with bikes, old grow gear and camping supplies.
20220929_125040.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
that picture of the wall in progress...is that sunlight peeking UNDER the wall? no foundation? bet sales of shovels go up in area...:whistling:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I woke up today I had no idea it would be new bike day..... or old bike day.

Found a $50 raleigh sprite at habitat for humanity store. Wasn't shopping for a vintage bike to fix up. Seems to be in good working condition bur needs a severe cleaning. Think it's a 71-73, I'll have to look for some serial numbers.

Garage is hemorrhaging with bikes, old grow gear and camping supplies. View attachment 18762878
rivendale bike website with have the obscure parts sizes you need and fairly cheap