What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A few random questions about auto's

plit

Hello,I have been reading these forums for about a year or so,trying to learn what I can so I can start my own grow.I have been studying the auto flowers for some time now and came up with a few questions.These are just a few randoms thought that I have been pondering.Any help would be great.

1.My cab has only 2' of height,is this enough to pull of a grow?I would also need to get cfl's in there.

2.can you do a lst on them to keep them lower,even though I would probably be in flower when I discover that I need more room.

3.would a scrog be a good idea even though you start autos from seed, which would result in random pheno types and give you irregular heights.

4.would a hempy system work well for me,I was thinking of using the bigger plastic coffee cans,the ones with the molded in handles.

5.Do the diesel ryders really stink that bad?If I scrubbed my cab would I be fine on smell at least until I open the doors?

If anyone has any experience with any of this I would appreciate it.Thx

Botanist

Cab???
You in a truck?
I would say 2' of grow space Plus room for light and pot and your ok. If 2' total then no i don't think ya can pull it off. Best not to grow if some one who shouldn't find out can get close enough to smell it.

Rose56

Depending on the size of your pots and strain it could work my diesel ryders tend to be less then a foot tall. Yes they do stink I had one in a bedroom closet with the closet door closed, the window in the room open and the bedroom door closed you could smell it in the hallway even the boys smell. An 8" plastic pot or a one gallon pot would work fne with DRs and other AF's that have the smaller phenos.

*mr.mike*

You can definitely do an awesome job with 2 feet of vertical space. While some plants are small and they will have room, a lot of other AFs will need more than that. You can do LST, or otherwise train them, but you have to watch out for mold or mildew.

I use a space like you describe, and I grow my plants up to 2 feet -long- tied to tomato stakes, growing at about 30 degree incline... I just tie the growing tips to the stake every node or so until week 6 or 7.

marcnh

i'm growing auto lr2, bb, mtf, haze. mtf and haze were 4 inches, some lr2 were 8 inches, and one was a foot. that was hps though. got 1000+ seeds comin!

1. two feet is doable, have you thought about side lighting and covering it all in mylar?
2. lst might not be good, mine were so dense.(?)
3. scrog might not be necessary. i would shoot for sog if you can fit the lights above.

guess thats my two cents. how big is your area in lwh? you should check out the 65w 3000k cfl's at lowes. they're about 10" long by 2.5 in wide. i haven't used cfls but i would want to get those.

marcnh

see, this is so dense, only 8 inches. is this a runt?

Attachments

• DSCN3631.jpg
    DSCN3631.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 46

plit

Thx for the reply's.My cab is size is 28"lx15"wx24"h I plan on using cfl's and autos because I have no place for clones and mothers.

Rose you are able to keep diesel ryders about a foot?what size pots are you using lighting,and yield on them plants?Are you using soil?

Marcnh,What is mtf? What plant is in the pic?Dang that thing is small but the nugs look awesome.Did you grow it out in a 2liter?

Thx for the replys cab is not fully built yet so I'm open to all ideas.

Thx for the reply's.My cab is size is 28"lx15"wx24"h I plan on using cfl's and autos because I have no place for clones and mothers.

Rose you are able to keep diesel ryders about a foot?what size pots are you using lighting,and yield on them plants?Are you using soil?

Marcnh,What is mtf? What plant is in the pic?Dang that thing is small but the nugs look awesome.Did you grow it out in a 2liter?

Thx for the replys cab is not fully built yet so I'm open to all ideas.

just make sure ur box is well ventilated,,,do a dry run for afew days wit no plants to see how ur temps are at,,check ur temp fluctuations..that was a problem in my first growbox..juss thought id share that with you,maybe it helps..idk

2tokes:joint::joint:

snork

With only little experience myself I'd say possible, yes. Good idea - No.

Possible but not without a lot of hassle, you need to keep that "mother" cold, read COLD.

my little experience : cuttling of LR2 (accident at ~day 6 from germinating), took looooong to root (with a little willow-water) and then it did not want to grow no more, in height that is. It still made new branches and leaves, but it stayed very small - 5cm after 3 months.

After those 3 months (late Nov. or early Dec.) I cut it off and left the small pot on that windowsill, where with the window being really old single glass temperatures were pretty low, in the nighttime even more.

And what do you know, that little bugger began to grow again :cool: from almost nothing, re-vegging-like, the leafs had no spikes, it made new tiny branches and all.
However, some remaining mites left with no more food (everything else was harvested) had a go at it and so about 5 or 6 weeks later I threw the whole thing in the compost.

plit

From what I have read, a autoflower clone is the same age as the mother,therefor would flower at the same time.Can't say that is fact only what I have read.My question is, if you where to buy fem.seeds could you still make seeds?If you bought reg. seeds could you do your own fem.seed run? Thx

snork

My question is, if you where to buy fem.seeds could you still make seeds?If you bought reg. seeds could you do your own fem.seed run? Thx
yes and yes, though more difficult with AF, basically the same as with non-AF.

Look into the mdanzig subforum, a quick search for "selfing" gave these topics :
Selfing Autoflowerers 1
Selfing Autoflowerers 2

I did not look into those topics now, just hope you will find useful readings there.