What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A few issues daisy chaining.......

MD84

Hi all, as mentioned above i have been having a few issues daisy chaining the fc series lights. I have two fc6500's connected to each other and decided to switch one of them off so that i could replace it with a hps for extra heat. Only today did i decide to take a PAR reading which was very low (maximum of 300). Even with the light turned up to what i thought was 100%. Only when i unplugged the daisy chain cable did the light come on full power and almost blinded me lol. So basically does the daisy chain need to be unplugged if using only one fixture? Or will it limit the output of the light that's switched on if connected to other lights that are off? When i first set the lights up and connected them i had to flip the cable around as the light i wanted to be the main controller would only work as the 'controlled' light so i guess the cable is only a 'one way' type thing. Either that or i have a faulty cable? I will go and plug in the daisy chain cable again later and switch on the second FC6500 just to make sure they both do come on full power, but being disabled i thought you guys could save me some work. Thanks for any help as the instructions in the box were a little basic.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hi, I thought the daisy chain function would work the same way in all the model lines. If so, I did a write up here, in the mars forum, TS1000's daisy chained. But off the top of my head, the master light should be ok with drone light off, but not the other way around. The lead goes in 2 master light socket and 1 on the drone light. If those basics aren't the problem, keep asking.

MD84

thanks for the reply. No, it was the master light that was dimmed due to the daisy chain cable simply being plugged in.....

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm using different lights, but if I unplug any of them, All the rest dim.
Each light contributes towards the power in that wire. With a light unplugged, it goes from contribution to draining.

There are various ways the external control can be done. I'm not surprised to hear of this happening.

MD84

Thanks for the help i'll just leave it unplugged now until needed. That or turn up the second light to max power.

Latest posts

Latest posts