What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A/C Frozen Over

SHIT

Showed up at my room today and temps were 120+ F.

Ahhhhh.

My brand new A/C was frozen up.

What causes this?

I think it was because the fan setting was on low as opposed to high.

I ran this room for an entire week with everything running and it worked fine - put the clones to pre-veg a little last night and the temps soar.

Check this - the water in my aero cloner was 105.

DAMN these plants are durable.

This WONT happen again.

What causes a new a/c to freeze over?

~ SYK ~

krusty

two things will cause a ac unit to freeze over...

first off is humdity (hence the water turning to ice)

secondly is not enough air movement...

and its more both happen in our situations...

but you got it....you need to make sure the air movement is higher....ii think i mentioned in aonther thread you will have to use another fan with what yer doing...

these window mount ac units are not meant to be ussed in grow rooms....so you have to beef up the air flow by adding another fan..

but also you have alot of resitance by ussing fleixible ducting....get solid metal shit....then this will stop the restriction and in turn the air will not have the time to freeze up:)

peace

krusty

ps- i forgot...some times i have seen folks not have enough angle on the window mount ac units for the water to drain....so make sure the ac unit is draining properly too

There could be alot of reasons AC froze up on you. Give the specs. of your operation and I can help you pip-point the problem.
I will tell you that 5% of the time it is 'AC' malfuntion, 95% of the time it is improper installation, with poor ventilation of the AC compressor...

peace

speedhorse

Could be a bad compressor, or you may need the unit recharged, if you need it recharged you have a leak somewhere

speedhorse

four20_oem

COLD

COLD

yea, its probably not the ac system.. especially if its new. Try turning up the fan, I bet that would fix it. Is this a custom AC that you put together? Is the Evaporator Sitting so the in is at the bottom and out is at the top and the Condesor should be in at the bottom out at the top too, otherwise you'll be sending liquid in where vapor should be, and that might have froze a line, hopefully it didnt get into the compressor as a liquid.. Or if its an older unit the descicant packs in the reviever dryer may be cached. But if it was a store bought unit dont take it apart cause its probably not broke... AC systems are pretty tuff

Think it was just the fan setting on the A/C itself.

Had it running all day today - WITH the Fogger - and no probs.

Thankfully.

Latest posts

Latest posts