What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

88'G13hp × 79' Xmas Bud

F@t

Polish_20220812_142553065.png
Made these a few months back. Put around 72 seeds in pucks... Its day two in the dome. I sually add superthrive to presoak the pucks but these seeds are very fresh and i dont feel like I need them.
Will update after a few days go by. Thanks for looking

F@t

Its been so long since ive smoked butterscotch. Old school loud. The 88' is sweet but much lower odor. Its real potential is as a breeding tool. I grew and bred sensi g13hp few years back. Also great breeding tool. I havent tried to pop any 88g13hp crosses ive made myself before.
What I like about this cross is the strong indica highs are at different spectrums, as far as the parents are concerned. So I'm hoping for a more complex high and taste without loosing anything from either variety.
Thanks for the kinds words guys

F@t

Judging by the bud size. Yes. The high i honestly cant remember that well. This was around 2004. I know NDN used a hawaiian butterscotch. Couldnt tell you if its that same..
OK F@t, so this is the first time I've hear anyone mention the Butterscotch, is it an Indica?

F@t

Yes. The high is really basic on the 79 and does not do well in high heat. Structurally I really like the 79 and the stretch in flower on the 88 is unreal. They both are slower growing, highly inbred more so the 79.
But are far as tighting up lanky indicas or just improving yeild. I think the tools combined will be useful. Maybe I'll get lucky and the new cross will produce a higher content of terpenes but maybe i won't... I know
that structure ain't goin' away.
Basicly its a big bud plant with some renewed vigor.

F@t

Ok... I did not know hazemans 88g13hp was the g13hp/butterscotch. The hazeman are much shorter on average then the 88g13hp from barefrog. How the hell did i miss that? I just thought it was a different generation...

linde

my 79' is super squatty almost no stretch. long leaf petioles. very unique looking pure Indica. mine has a great narcotic couch lock face melt buzz. florescent green small rock hard buds but no flavor at all. skunk/pine smell but not the floral pine stuff I remember from the late 80s. more of a spicy undertone with a pine. tried crossing without success. I think it's needs a good stretchy lemon skunk to give it some stretch and flavor. unfortunately I lost my lemon skunk and am now having a hard time finding decent phenos of that. nothing good ever lasts. lol

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Ok... I did not know hazemans 88g13hp was the g13hp/butterscotch. The hazeman are much shorter on average then the 88g13hp from barefrog. How the hell did i miss that? I just thought it was a different generation...
My G13HP X Butterscotch Hawaiian (F?) originated from ndn guy (2007, gift, Free Leonard). I love the short, tight structure and the fact that it finishes in 45 days but can be taken to 60.

Starts to turn purple abt day 42 from 12/12 and has a 'daily driver' type of high, takes the edge off but doesn't get you wrecked, good for getting stuff done.

.........I grew and bred sensi g13hp few years back. Also great breeding tool..............

It's interesting how this old cross has persevered over time. If you do a strain search on any of the new, USA seed banks you'd be surprised at the number of crosses that pop up.

Good luck with yours F@t! :tiphat:

F@t

Still learning how to use some of the functions here. Its not too different then OG. Myself and a few others on OG received some 88g13hp from Barefrog somewhat recently. They were reproduced by Barefrog from stock he received from Nativeguy. They were worked mutiple generations then open pollinated by Bare, pretty sure he said 3 males but maybe it was 2 or 3 id have to check my notes. Pretty sure Bare still has Hawaiian butterscotch and Free Leonard and 88'g13hp. I plan on making more of what he sent to spread them around freely.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Here's the details on it.

God xlui x Hawaiian sativa

Latest posts

Latest posts