What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

60x60x160, Barneys Pineapple Chunk

Nice grow @vladimir882, you're growing some fine bud. I have 5 different tents. I run a QB135 rpec light in one of my 2'x2'x4' tents,so similar to your light. I also have the QB135 bspec for veg. I run one plant in my 2x2 in living organic soil in a 10 gallon pot. I made a stand the height of my 10 gallon pot and cut a hole in the tent bottom. The pot rim overlaps the floor cut out so I have no light leaks. I'll post a picture as it may be something you would be interested in trying. I gained 12" of space inside the tent. I train my plants using an augmented mainline. I pull an average of 4-5 ounces per cycle depending on the strain I grow.
Thats a great Idea. gonna do it next run!

Flowering @ week 7 (day 49)
Everything goes well. reduced the lights from 250W total to 140W (QB120 + custom 20W) to control temps and RH better.
looking at them now, week 9 seems like a good idea and even week 10 won't harm anyone. defintly not the 8 weeks that barneys stated, but I can take it.
PC#4 (lower right corner) gonna need at least a week beyond everyone, and that's an issue as I must use this tent to dry them. hopefully she will be at least close to ripe until week 9. she is also seems like a big yielder and smells like garlic.
the whole tent smell intense, and there is some change in the smell from skunk-musk to more fruity one.

my camera is really bad, but they are frosty as hell, and some of those colas are 100% purple, including leaves. but I couldent get this on camera as they are hidden inside.
photo_2023-07-04_22-17-16.jpg
photo_2023-07-04_22-13-27.jpg

photo_2023-07-04_22-19-21 (2).jpg

photo_2023-07-04_22-18-21.jpg

Attachments

• photo_2023-07-04_22-18-21.jpg
    photo_2023-07-04_22-18-21.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 35

Timj

Everything goes well. reduced the lights from 250W total to 140W (QB120 + custom 20W) to control temps and RH better.
looking at them now, week 9 seems like a good idea and even week 10 won't harm anyone. defintly not the 8 weeks that barneys stated, but I can take it.
PC#4 (lower right corner) gonna need at least a week beyond everyone, and that's an issue as I must use this tent to dry them. hopefully she will be at least close to ripe until week 9. she is also seems like a big yielder and smells like garlic.
the whole tent smell intense, and there is some change in the smell from skunk-musk to more fruity one.

my camera is really bad, but they are frosty as hell, and some of those colas are 100% purple, including leaves. but I couldent get this on camera as they are hidden inside.
View attachment 18861416 View attachment 18861417

View attachment 18861415
View attachment 18861414
Looking good @vladimir882.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

View attachment 18861416 View attachment 18861417

View attachment 18861415
View attachment 18861414
Grow well, just plant it, and wait for the magic to happen.😻😻

Flowering @ Week 8
We are approaching the end!
Everything goes as planned, the buds are swelling nice and tight, RH is 45%, a lot of purple notes in the tent.
the smell is so intense...
as for now, the tent will probably be ready next week (19.7). PC#4 still need some time, PC#4 is really slow, and can probably benefit from extra two, even three weeks from now. and as this tent is my drying area, It's all of them or notin. so for now we let them go for week 9 and see whats going on then.
BTW, no pineapple smell. but the name "chunk" stands for it, each and every bud is dense as a rock.
smell is just pure skunk, and PC#4 is the only one that somewhat resemble tropics.
PC#4 - huge white buds in the right. near the led strips.
the led strips are 2835 SMD, they give some nice output, and they are not heating at all so I just get them as close to the plant as I can.

photo_2023-07-12_21-09-35.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-12-57.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-12-36.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-12-23.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-12-03.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-11-20.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-10-46.jpg
photo_2023-07-12_21-10-26.jpg

Harvest @ Day 62 Flowering @ 8 Weeks/6days

I harvested!
I wanted to push them 2 more weeks, but I had some security issues (landlord coming to visit in 2 days), and could not take the risk. so I harvested. they are pretty much at the age the breeder (Barneys) stated to harvest, but in my taste they could enjoy another week. after the harvest I hanged them WHOLE to dry in a dark tent, 45% RH, 18C, in other place so my landlord is not an issue.

Let's summarize:
4 Barneys pineapple chunk from seeds.
3X11Liter Pots with garden soil and spool and a half osmocote.
1X6Liter improvised pot with same soil and osmocote.
no nutes have been given aside from cal-mag, and the osmocote was enough for sure!
60cmx60cmx160cm tent
2 Carbon filters. one inside (150) 1 in the room (250).
Light: HLG 120W@full power + 100-150W of customized Led lights that were on for 90% of the time. those lights are equivalent at max 80W of HLG.

Smell:
from week 5 and beyond, smell is so intense I rushed to buy another carbon filter. it's a big deal, I didn't had any grow that smelly. overall they smell of skunk and just heavy "weed" .

Temps/RH:
RH never exceed 55% at top and on avrage was probably 50%, and in the last weeks of flower was 45.
Temps was high at day and really low at night. 28-30C/day. 16-19C/night. and that caused some purpling.

Phenos:
PC#1: Bushy structure at veg even without topping. skunky-fruity smell, buds are pretty small comparing to anyone else, but they are rock hard to the level you can't squeeze them. PC#1 have some seeds, will know better about the amount at the trim. and PC#1 was about 16 days more in veg than the rest of tent. she was easy to grow and never complained about anything. ez plant. also, I like the look of her flowers the most, bright green with orange notes. looks great

PC#2: bushy at veg, xmas tree at flower, she is really a glow-up! when I switched into flower she was smallest than anyone, but she ended up yielding probably the most (from look, at least) and the biggest overall plant in size. she grew nice, never complained in flower about anything, buds are not dense like #1 but they are at size of 2Liter bottle and even the lower buds are big. half of her got purple at week 5, including the calyxes themselves got purple. she is the first one at the tent to be ready for harvest, she was ready already a week ago. and she smell skunky. no fruit notes at all. she is confirmed hermi, but I didn't saw any pollen and didn't found any seeds (not trimmed yet tho).

PC#3: Bushy as well, and the smallest one (as she is also in smaller pot). I didn't prioritize her and she was fighting to get light, so got a little stretchy. she didn't do any problems. her buds look pretty nice and dense, with purple notes. also some leaves got purple. she could use another week. smell-wise she is weird af. she got no weed smell or musk. she does have some weird "green" skunk note, remind me of cabbage or something. overall she is great, and I just didn't gave her as much as the other ones.

PC#4: Sativa pheno. wide narrow leaves, huge stretch, late bloomer (first white hairs - week 4 of flower). she seems totally different from anyone else. and she was a bitch to grow, even as seed she got burned and stuff from no known reasons why she get just the same conditions as everyone else. she have huge buds that are not 100% mature. they could use another 2 weeks, even 3 weeks. she have the best smell tho, and she is the frostiest out of them all. she smell like combination of skunk and tropical fruits. when you smell her, the first thing you note is that she is 100% special. shame that I didn't took clones. she really seems like a girl that stand behind that pineapple name. also, her leaves and bud structure are extremely different from anyone else. at the buds, she is growing upwards, like constant foxtailing like dr.grinspoon but with a little bit more width and yield. and while everyone had wide leaves. she had extremely narrow ones.
she is not easy to grow and made some problems, but she is a special one. and even not 100% mature she will probably kick some ass.

Will update here on taste after drying. hoping to dry slow, then dry trim, then cure.
my next grow btw is laughing buddha and acapulco gold from barneys as well.

my camera is bad. sry, will got frosty shots after the dry

pics continue at next message

PC2 pics:

photo_2023-07-17_21-35-49.jpg
photo_2023-07-17_19-44-23.jpg

PC1 pics:
photo_2023-07-17_21-34-37.jpg
photo_2023-07-17_21-35-04.jpg
photo_2023-07-17_21-34-45.jpg
photo_2023-07-17_20-25-28.jpg
photo_2023-07-17_21-34-55.jpg
photo_2023-07-17_21-34-52.jpg

Attachments

• photo_2023-07-17_21-35-22.jpg
    photo_2023-07-17_21-35-22.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 34
  • photo_2023-07-17_21-34-58.jpg
    photo_2023-07-17_21-34-58.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 30
day 5 of drying, they are gonna get to their jars in 2-3 days.
how amazing is to just cut the plant from the base and hangs them upside down, no grass smell. keep the smells intact. when I open the dry tent I get blasted with dank smells.

meanwhile, I took a taste from PC#2.
she have a intense fruity-skunk taste, she smokes and vapes quite nice without any cure. and her purple-green-orange appearence is just amazing. and this is one of the lowest buds. about the high - well I smoke like 4 g a day so nothing really gets me blasted. but she is doing the work for sure.

pc#2 taste.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
day 5 of drying, they are gonna get to their jars in 2-3 days.
how amazing is to just cut the plant from the base and hangs them upside down, no grass smell. keep the smells intact. when I open the dry tent I get blasted with dank smells.

meanwhile, I took a taste from PC#2.
she have a intense fruity-skunk taste, she smokes and vapes quite nice without any cure. and her purple-green-orange appearence is just amazing. and this is one of the lowest buds. about the high - well I smoke like 4 g a day so nothing really gets me blasted. but she is doing the work for sure.

View attachment 18868787
You are about to enjoy what they give you in return! :greenstars:

after 12 days of drying, they are into curing now..
and for the weights:
- please note, 3/4 of them have some (but not much) seeds, which probably affect the weight -
PC1 - 55G
PC2 - 133G(!!!) (and no seeds in this specific one)
PC3 - 38G
PC4 - 81G

combined: 307 gram.
as I said, we have here seeds, any plant besides PC2 (which was confirmed hermi also) have seeds, they are not full of seeds, It's here and there. but they are defintly affecting the weight.

PC1 was 3 weeks older (in veg) then anyone, have extremely dense buds, but they are small. she have the most bag appeal. and smell sweet. great smooth smoke, feels sativa-ish and fast acting. uplifting!
PC2 is a yield monster, smells like skunky-funky weed thing, great bag appeal and easy trimming. she is a banger, smoke is tough on the lungs but not the throat. she is a creeper and not fast acting, and she will get you dumb. like - can't operate a microwave kind of dumb.
PC3 could use 2 more weeks in flower and hence the yield is low, the whole flower she had a "weird" smell, almost like a side-road plant, just a green plant smell. but she developed a nice lemon taste with skunk notes. she is a smooth smoke, relaxing high, quite powerful but not as PC2.
PC4 could also use 2 more weeks, and man I'm still wondering how amazing she could be with 2 more weeks in flower. she is also a yield monster, she is hard to trim. she smells the most complex and unique ouf of all of them, actually she have a skunky/musty/soil complex smell, and when squeezed she release a piney-lemony-COMPLEX smell, similar to typical SSH but with some undertones of some really smell that I can't describe, smells special. she smokes amazing, not harsh, and the smoke smells special as well. the high is fast acting and the strongest out of all. I have seeds of her! she is also hermi.

also, I found out that all of those 4 plants was hermies. maybe me fault? idk. anyway It's nice because now I just have some seeds of this great genetics. in my country seeds are expensive. and growing hermies is a viable solution for a typical smoker.

in summary: Pineapple chunk from barneys is intresting gentics. not the best I have grown or tasted, but they have some uniquness to the, and with selection I bet you can find amazing cuts. all of them was bangers in the high tho. keep in mind that pineapple smell is not something I smelled here, nor I expect from them to develop. they are pretty far from this.

I was vladimir. hope to grow again. cheers