What's new

5x5 grow area! Pimp it! please!

G

growingold

Any tips folks on what should be inside this space? Im thinking a 1k light & shade giving me 42 watts per square foot..correct?

6 inch rvk for intake (active)

8 inch rvk for extraction with cf into attic.

So here we have 25 square foot of growing area..how would you set this up..

Any good advice welcome.

G.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I have the same size room, and it's perfect for 1K if you have sufficient cooling. Sounds like you've got it under control.
I can run 20-30 1 gallon pots , or a dozen 3 gallon pots, which leaves space around the pots to move around to water, etc.
You can jam more plants in there if you want, but it becomes more of a hassle watering them. Tall plants or plants I am growing for seed can sit on the outside farthest from the light, but they still grow fine.

SmokinErb

Maximize your space. Go vert. Do a single 1,000w lamp right in the middle. Position your plants around the light. If you wanna go all out, do 2 levels of plants (see my "current grow" link, go to the last page).

My grow is a 4' square (turned into an octagon).

1,200w of light (3x 400w)

You WILL NOT get more bud than vert. It's simply, hands down, the most efficient way to grow.

G

growingold

Thanks Retrogrow & smokinerb for your input much appreciated.

20-30 1 gallon pots (think thats about 3.5 litres over here) sounds just nice & workable,saying that Im thinking about a s.o.g so cramming them in my just happen in the near future.

At the mo Im running a vertical bulb however its a 600 with a parabolic shade,will be upgrading in the very near future.

Thanks guys.

G