Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Here's some info on the bands we have lined up to perform. :headbange

dg

LED ZEPPELIN TRIBUTE BAND - Physical Graffiti

In 1995, Dave Harrold, Irish (bass), Bruno Lord, English (vocals), Huub Heldens, Dutch (guitar) and Leon Toonen, Dutch (drums) came together for a one-time show as a band called “Red Stuff”. They played 70-ties music. Two years later, they played Led Zeppelins “Rock & Roll”, now calling themselves Physical Grafitti, on Henny Huisman’s “Sound Mix Show”. This performance brought about very good reviews from a normally very critical jury and got them a deal with a German Booking agency. This is how they found out that there was a big demand for 60-ties and 70-ties music, especially from Led Zeppelin.

They decided to become a fulltime Zeppelin Tribute band and in the years to follow played all over Germany with great success. More and more credit was given to them for their impersonation and vision of Zeppelin’s historical music. To their great surprise, fans travelled 300 to 400 kilometres just to catch a glimpse of the show.

In 2001, Leon decided to quit and the band found a replacement in the German drummer Jan Gabriel who was a music teacher at that time. Exactly one year later, Huub also left the band and was replaced by Croatian super-guitarist Drago Baotic (also a music teacher). This second birth of the band led them to unimaginable heights. Now they could let all the magic and musical inspiration take its course freely.

Physical Graffiti plays songs from the complete oeuvre of Zeppelin – from “Rock & Roll” to “Kashmir”, with highlights “Dazed & Confused” and an incredible mix of “Whole Lotta Love” and “Moby Dick”. And of course “Stairway To Heaven” can’t fail in this line-up.

Never will we be able to experience Led Zeppelin in the flesh on stage again, but thanks to ‘The Winds of Thor’ we’ve got Physical Graffiti!

AC/DC TRIBUTE BAND - Action In DC

Founded in 1988, Dutch AC/DC Tributeband ACTION IN DC has established itself through the years as a dynamic and authentic tribute-act, probably the best in the World. For over 16 years now, Action In DC’s name brings up memories of nights full of pure, sweaty rock ‘n roll. The voice of leadsinger Mario Vermulst comes so close to Bon’s that with eyes closed, you’ll think you’re back in the early days of AC/DC.

During the two-hour show, the band takes you back to these days when Rock ‘n Roll was religion and Bon Scott God! Alongside the common AC/DC songs like Highway To Hell, Let There Be Rock and off course Whole Lotta Rosie, Action In DC also plays real AC/DC-jems which the band never played live, like Love Hungry Man, Can I Sit Next To You Girl, Ride On and A Touch Too Much. Combine this set with an explosive rockshow and you’ll get an amazing evening indeed.

Action In DC also plays songs from the Brian Johnson-era: Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, Stiff Upperlip and off course For Those About To Rock, complete with cannonshow!

This band has built up quite a reputation in Western Europe, resulting in an impressive concert agenda. In the past, Action In DC played at: Free Wheels 20th Anniversary France, Bon Scott Tour Melbourne Australia, Graspop Metal Meeting Belgium, Bospop Holland, Schwung Roeselare 2003 Belgium and more. Supporting Motörhead, Judas Priest, Saxon, Rammstein, Status Quo, Normaal, Manowar, Steppenwolf, Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Dio, ZZ-top etc, etc Action In DC has played the roof off any venue it has visited!

DEEP PURPLE TRIBUTE BAND - The Purple Strangers

Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin put the HARD in 'Hard Rock' with hits like Black Night, Child In Time and Smoke On The Water, Woman From Tokyo and Fireball dominated the hit lists for years. This magical formation consisted of Blackmore, Gillan and Glover. Then came MARK II with members Lord and Paice who helped generate hits like Highway Star, Perfect Strangers and Speed King. Enter MARKIII with David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes the newbloods instrumental in making album classics like Burn, Stormbringer, Mistreated and You Keep On Movin’. Purple Strangers combines the best of both worlds. Authentic hits are performed with authentic instruments played with a newfound enthusiasm that captures and amplifies the irresistable atmosphere of the era. Names like Hammond/Leslie en Fender/Marshall are an intergral part of the hypnotic sound generated by Purple Strangers. The level of entertainment is high with stunning rock performances, masterfull guitar and keyboard solos, thundering drums and flowing manes!

U2 TRIBUTE BAND - The U2 Tribute

187U2-thumb.jpg

In a single night, The U2-Tribute will recapture some of the most magical moments of U2's illustrious career. Their performance will take you from Red Rocks via Live Aid to The Joshua Tree through to ZooTV, Popmart, Vertigo and beyond. A must-see for any music fan the U2-Tribute faithfully recreates the very best U2 songs from the early 80's to the new millennium and beyond. Including Pride, With or Without You, Desire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Beautiful Day and Vertigo., The U2-Tribute is winning audiences over with every show, using their blistering and energetic stage performance.

Their goal is to provide an authentic U2 concert-experience with all the true sentiment and energy of ‘the real thing’. With all that, there's a lot of space for spontaneity and interaction with the audience.

U2 is known for it's unique sound and The U2-Tribute creates this sound like no other band.

EAGLES TRIBUTE BAND - New Gig In Town

187eagles.jpg

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
DG, what a boss line up! Physical Graffiti's metamorphis to include two music teachers just goes to tell you what kind of level their Led Zeppelin tribute is on. Somebody's got their shit together! I wonder how many people they plan on entertaining?

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
We listened to demo discs of all the bands lined up. There's alot of talent in these bands,
I often found myself wondering if it was the 'real' band, that's how good they are. :D

dg

G

Many a musicians have found there way to the big time in T-Bands / one case in point; Judas Priest found there current singer in a ‘JP” tribute band.

I do not think I can make it this year (I will still try) – however I do want to say; it looks to be a GREAT time with some killer music & a great venue lined up.

All my best to the SB/IC crew & May this years IC 420 be the best ever

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
led zeppelin cover band that would be amazing to see! always loved 'em. wonder if their stage show lighting, pyro, fog etc is anything like led?

buckeye-leaf

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Band Schedule.............Don't Miss It!

April 18th:
20:00-22:00 'The U2 Tribute' kicks off the Cup!
22:00-24:00 'Purple Strangers'

April 19th:
20:00-22:00 'New Gig In Town'
22:00-24:00 'Physical Graffiti' (WILL rock the house!)

April 20th:

21:00-23:30 'Action in DC'

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
Any of you attending Jam in the DAm this year? March 19-21 as you know i will definatly be there..... Cant get enough of UM

Status
Not open for further replies.