What's new

4/20 2010 Important Volcano Update!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Many.....including myself have not been able to make it to Amsterdam this year for the ICM 4/20 Growers and Breeders Cup...

Most of us have had our travel plans dashed because of this ash spewing Volcano in Iceland that has grounded most all airplanes and caused most all airports in Europe to grind to a halt....and even those traveling from airports outside of Europe have been turned away from airports due to their flights being canceled ......

This has led to us having to decide what to do, so that we can have a fairly and accurately judged competition .... because there most probably will not be enough independant judges there in the Dam to judge the competition as we have done in the past.....

Now we have found what might be a good solution to this by offering judges packs to growers that have entered to judge the breeders and the breeders that have entered to judge the growers......so to make sure that they are not actually judging their own 'erb or hash......and then we can have a fairly judged competition....

It's a real bummer for me not to be able to make it this year as it probably is for all the others that have been turned back at the airports......but for those that have managed to get there I hope you all have a great time and enjoy yourselves immensely .....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
always a difficult situation for growers and breeders to be filmed/photographed.......it could well compromise their security....so it's best not to do that.....

M

mosca negra

Well said Gypsy and a fine idea in finding a solution to the Judging challenge!

Most of us have had our travel plans dashed because of this ash spewing Volcano in Iceland that has grounded most all airplanes and caused most all airports in Europe to grind to a halt.

Wow! I've looked at a few of the ash patterns via satalite. The power of the earth is awesome.

I hope everyone is able to make it to Amsterdam for the cup.

F

feral

couldn't they just send 'samples' to us to try and see which ones win the cup? :jump:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I was curious.... would there still be judges packs available to buy for those who made it to A'dam but are not entering? (I have some friends in town, hoping to buy packs today :) )

JamieShoes

Veteran
thats fantastic news, thanks for doing your best to sort out what is a very trying situation.

met your son yesterday mate, you don't me to tell you, but what a fine young man he is :)

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jamie where you at bro??
maybe a meet in GHS in haarlemmerstraat?

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi Core,

I've just come back home to my sleepy little town as I have to do a bit of gardening mate... the girls don't let me take much time off..lol

I'll be heading back up to A'dam either this morning around 10-11am or at about 6pm depending on a bunch of stuff that I have to do/wait to hear about :)

I'll be sure to check back here before I leave, so I'll giev you a shout and find out if you're still at GH or moved on etc :)

either way, have a great day mate, it's beautiful out there :)

Last edited:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gypsy sad that u arent here as really wanted to meet u,but always next year! I am happy to judge or whatever and have a fewv people with me...I will talk to OP when I see him....
Jamie et al I will see u today at some point inshallah,gonna try all the hangouts...JBo

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where is everyone at cup meeting tonite? is it soundgarden or greenhouse? Ta JBo ;]

Grendelkhan

Man I was really wondering how stuff was going for you with all the air travel problems. Couldn't have happened a worse time. I hope that everyone has a good time and hopefully next year there will be no ash clouds closing down the airways.
Peace.
Gkhan.