What's new

+$30 per seed wtf is really goin' on!?!

ZenFlowers

I get 12 fem seeds and some freebies for my $90.

1 seed will grow 1 plant and allow me to clone it.

Or for $90 you can get two eighths at a local club.

Just my $90 :plant grow: looking for a keeper

So you're boasting to me about how many seeds you get? Who cares? You're still getting ripped off. $90 for 12 seeds and freebies is still a rip off. Oh and btw, I used to get 4 eighths for 50 bucks at a dispensary when I lived out in Colorado. What did you hope to accomplish by bragging about this? You're a loser. lol :biggrin:

Blis84

There are plenty of breeders like mota, hazeman, Jordan of the islands, cannabiogen, ace, alpine, etc that cost $50-$65 a 10-12 pack, then others like Gage green, karma, sin city, Kens GDP, og rascal, elemental, dynasty, Bodhi, delta 9, mr nice, greenpoint that are in the $80-$120 range for 10-12 beans and all of them use high quality genetics that are worth the money 95% of the time.

WelderDan

Veteran
The value of anything is only what someone is willing to pay.

Since the best pot I've ever had was from bag seed, and the best I've ever grown was a pollen chuck by yours truly, I do not see me paying $30 a seed, ever.

Trades, pollen chucking and random freebies have kept me in seed for over 10 years now with no complaints.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
people will pay it..i am surprised there aint seeds for 1000$ each or is there???...yeehaw..I will pay around 30$$$ per seed if its top notch but refuse to go much higher....but not very often

Tynehead Tom

I think folks need to make seed for themselves and see exactly how much pure profit is in a 100.00 or 300.00 pack of seeds.
I've pulled over 1500 seeds of a 3 foot tall plant flowered indoors under lights.
That is 150 packs of 10 if I was selling them..... at 100.00 each how much money is that one plant worth? according to my math that one bag of 1500 seeds @ 100 per 10 works out to FIFTEEN GRAND , yup 15,000.00, at 300.00 those 150 packs are worth 45,000.00
take a plant with potentially 3 to 4 ounces of good bud , in my market , premium goes 160 an ounce , so 480.00 to 640.00 per plant in dry flowers.

wow.... I never broke it down like that before LOL
makes becoming a breeder a lot more attractive as a long term financial plan LOL
reality is, folks are trying to cash in , and no seed is "worth" 30.00 if the ounce of weed it grows is worth less than 200.00 an oz.
it's got to be "awfully" special for me to rationalize dropping more than a 100 bucks on a pack of seeds and usually it's not. I've found absolute fire in packs costing much less from breeders who want to make their modest profit and have a genuine desire to spread their genetics to the masses. Bodhi is a perfect example of this kind of breeder and has earned the respect he has by offering excellent genetics at an affordable and realistic price point.
the rest, and no offense meant, are just lining their pockets while they can.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I make seeds of everything I deem worthwhile...currently have like 7 crosses going ...yeehaw..made 4 crosses before that.....REMEMBER the breeder only gets a cut of that money the seedbank/seller takes their share too..aint it like 50 /50 here???...ROCKING Bodhi tranquil elephantizer right now and crossing my male to everything....

Top_shelf_farms

Do you guys that cry about seed prices cry when a Ferrari drives by too? How many 3-500 $packs have you popped only to find garbage? That would be something to bitch about.... for me the best weed I've grown from seed has been aficionado....on the other end, I've yet to find 1 bad bodhi plant....bottom line is just because you can't afford something doesn't automatically mean it's over priced...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well said, only poor people are concerned about money.

Got any other shiteating opinions you'd like to share?

Eugenics?

Go back and reread a bit. The topic is whether beans that cost fractions of a cent to produce are worth the mark up, not how ballin' you are for how much you can piss away on shiny baubles.

ZenFlowers

Do you guys that cry about seed prices cry when a Ferrari drives by too? How many 3-500 $packs have you popped only to find garbage? That would be something to bitch about.... for me the best weed I've grown from seed has been aficionado....on the other end, I've yet to find 1 bad bodhi plant....bottom line is just because you can't afford something doesn't automatically mean it's over priced...

Spoken like a true ****.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You guys can extrapolate all kinds of math. But making seeds and selling them is two different worlds. Without a name to back you up aren't going to sell out anywhere near all the beans you produce. That being said my beans should be at least 1000 a pack due to quality works and Also the fact I was dumb enough to risk a huge mandatory minimum to make them. Ofc they are less than five bucks a piece cuz I love you guys. The guys who have the name can move massive pack numbers but not everybody. That being said when you got the name to move volume of packs your just a dick for scraping the fat off the back of the working man with high prices. I'm gonna Fuck em up when I drop my fems at the sub five price point. I never was the sharpest tool in the shed.

rockymountainJ

^ Tony may not be the sharpest..... but he's one of the coolest tools in the shed!! That's where hard work and selective breeding pays off! Your seeds are worth way more than you charge, judged by market prices.

satva

Veteran
Colorado has free vegetable seed exchanges located in libraries across the state. You take some seeds and you leave some seeds.

Washington DC hosted a free marijuana seed giveaway.

In Colorado, you could host an outdoor public marijuana swap - meet where you trade ounces of marijuana or a trade fair where growers swap marijuana seed varieties. You can't sell or smoke marijuana publicly, which limits the fun factor. I believe Colorado is working on a public "Bring Your Own Marijuana" bar.

PS> If you are a dispensary growing 3,000 or 4,000 pounds a year legally, who cares what seeds cost - you'll clone that $30 seed 10,000 or so times. $3 seeds of Colombian Punto Rojo, Colombian Mangobiche, Colombian Gold / 1960's Jamaican Lambsbread are what I'm smoking.

--

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
what if no one bought the expensive seeds????...its a commodity and will be sold for as much as people will pay.....yeehaw

Rondon

What is good genetics? and what is that worth to you?
I see everyone talking about cookies and chems and sours and cheeses LOL
these come from totally unkown mashups of polyhybrids, their "genetics" are virtually all over the map. But yet we call them new "strains" and look for their traits in completely unrelated weed. Like I've seen guys post comments about a strain with no "cookies" in it or "chem" in it, yet folks looking at the pics and saying oooo, that must have the forum cut in it, or it's cookie genetics really stand out. I could laugh myself right out of my chair when I read that stuff. we were growing weed that looks exactly like the best example of GSC , 20 years ago LOL. IIRC it was a NL5 cross with something good LOL
so fast forward to 2016
buy a pack of 10 seeds, regardless of the price and hope to get how many keeper females that each stand out in their own way and each would please the palate and head of virtually any seasoned toker?
we used to get excellent results for under a 100bux many years ago, and I notice today, there are literally 100's of "strains" out there that claim and owe their roots to those 65.00 per 10 seed packs from the "top" breeders when seed buying started to become mainstream.
I think it's the looming legalization as well as the millions of the younger generation getting into the grow scene and they are falling for the hype like they fall for the next best Iphone or nike runners.

Good post and so true