What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 x Jack 47, 1 Psico and 2 x Ice Cool - Shooeys Continuing Sweet Seeds Adventures.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
UPDATE

So, here we are with an update at 8 weeks of 12/12 and what is in all likelihood, the final week for most if not all of these ladies...

As such they're being fed nothing but water and they're starting to fade nicely. The Ice Cool is looking especially colourful although my pics dont do her justice at all... smell in the tent ranging from lemon to diesel fuel and spices.. the Jack47 picture (my fave of the three J47's) is particularly spicy ..one I'm really looking forward to, check out that awesome calyx definition... love that...lastly the Psicodelica is also worth a mention if nothing else than for the amazing resin coverage... smells awesome too although I cant nail the smell down just yet..

I'll try n get some better pics before and during harvest and will follow up with dried bud shots so still plenty to come ....Ok, so ...

Pics

Jack 47 (likely keeper and will get a re-veg)
picture.php

Ice Cool 1 (this one stinks of diesel)
picture.php

Ice Cool 2 (why not eh)
picture.php

Psicodelicia (crappy HPS orange photo, will get a better one)
picture.php

until the next exciting episode,
be lucky :tiphat:

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Hi going brother!

How diesel is that Ice Cool? I have some of her beans and was wondering that myself. Anything you could compare it to...? Of course the real test only comes after everything's been dried and sampled.

Either way, great job man. You should feel very proud.

-DZ

JamieShoes

Veteran
Very kind of you to say so Bud...funnily enough I was just thinking to myself earlier just how diesel like it was...in fact it proper reminds me of the strawberry diesel from devils (the coffeeshop cut, not the seed representation - they're not the same)

doob

Good stuff! And good to hear about the ice cool :)

You think you have a J47 keeper then? All my buddies liked mine and they were autos!

JamieShoes

Veteran
Could be DooB... I guess I'll find out soon enough, I just cut her down ...

So here's the first of the Jack47s (and also my favourite of them in terms of smell, resin and structure) she's come down at 8 weeks and 2 days of flowering...

Pics

Full Frontal Shot - Long, stacked, lime green colas
picture.php

Cola Close Ups
picture.php

Even Closer Ups - Beautiful swollen calyxes...
picture.php

Ready To Be Hung Out To Dry - Check out those resins ...
picture.php

doob

I cant believe that beauty only took 8 weeks and 2 days, looks like it could sneak into anyone's garden. You did a great job :tiphat:

She looks amazing, i look forward to a smoke report on that

BooD :biggrin:

JamieShoes

Veteran
Thanks man.. I think you'll like the Ice Cool pics too... she's a beauty, really shown her autumn colours :)

JamieShoes

Veteran
Time for another update... this time its the first of the Ice Cools... we shall call her Ice Cool 1 (lol)

This one taken at 8 weeks and 6 days after a good flush. Not what you'd call a high yielding pheno this one but looks to be fairly decent, and what there is does look to be quite special ...The smells at chop time are a range of sour and sharp citrus notes with a hint of diesel. Resin coverage is also pretty decent (see last pic)....toke notes to follow ...

Pics

Full Frontal
picture.php

The Four Tops
picture.php

Close Up
picture.php

Arty Pose
picture.php

...And Finally
picture.php

one more pic to come...

JamieShoes

Veteran
just wanted to point out this awesome hollow stem quality...

picture.php

doob

That looks some quality bud, just not the highest yielding though as you say. Very jealous over here!

JamieShoes

Veteran
Update

Next out we have the lone Psicodelica, a beautiful stacked plant with super defined calyxes (all these strains looked good in that dept). More than a hint of purple towards the end, almost black to the naked eye. Sadly, despite my best efforts, I wasnt quite able to capture this using my crappy phone but you can see the buds have a tinge...and I mean the buds more than the leaves... based on the fruity pebbles smell I get from her I wouldnt be surprised if the "USA" clone was GDP (although I've never actually seen or smoked GDP, that just going on others descriptions..) what ever it was it smells great and I cant wait to try her :)

Pics

Stature - (oops, I nearly forgot the pics and already chopped the first cola off)
picture.php

Close up
picture.php

Arty Pose
picture.php

JamieShoes

Veteran
So, yesterday I had a little go on this Ice Cool bud... the generic name doesnt give much away but the lineage is described as NYC Diesel x Naffaroa Diesel. The results are a wonderfully sour diesel with notes of sour fruits (grapefruit and lime)... as I mentioned before not the biggest yielder with a harvest of 47g but an absolutely lovely smoke ...thats without any cure, although slow dried over a week...

I'd describe the high as a nice mellow hybrid high, erring slightly on the indica side with some nice headiness... more than likely I got a slightly indica leaning pheno, this one was looking pretty much done at 8 weeks although I did let her go the full 9.

In any event, I think running a full pack of these would surely reveal something very special indeed :)

picture.php

doob

yum yum yum, sounds and looks really nice! A strain not many seem to go for, but always has interested me. How is the J47 revegging going?

JamieShoes

Veteran
Testing out the Psicodelicia this morning... nice resin coverage, interesting purple hue (doesnt really come out in the pic) .. not much to report in the smell dept, she definitely could use a good cure...she gives off a nice coffee and wine gums funk when being ground...some nice kushy/coffee flavours coming through on the exhale when smoked... I think a couple of weeks in glass might bring that to the fore :)

A fairly decent yield on this one at 60g

picture.php

DeceiverZ

Veteran
Testing out the Psicodelicia this morning... nice resin coverage, interesting purple hue (doesnt really come out in the pic) .. not much to report in the smell dept, she definitely could use a good cure...she gives off a nice coffee and wine gums funk when being ground...some nice kushy/coffee flavours coming through on the exhale when smoked... I think a couple of weeks in glass might bring that to the fore :)

A fairly decent yield on this one at 60g

View Image

She looks tasty! Great job

JamieShoes

Veteran
So, yesterday I had a little go on this Ice Cool bud... the generic name doesnt give much away but the lineage is described as NYC Diesel x Naffaroa Diesel. The results are a wonderfully sour diesel with notes of sour fruits (grapefruit and lime)... as I mentioned before not the biggest yielder with a harvest of 47g but an absolutely lovely smoke ...thats without any cure, although slow dried over a week...

I'd describe the high as a nice mellow hybrid high, erring slightly on the indica side with some nice headiness... more than likely I got a slightly indica leaning pheno, this one was looking pretty much done at 8 weeks although I did let her go the full 9.

In any event, I think running a full pack of these would surely reveal something very special indeed :)

View Image

just had another smoke on this, it just gets better (more sour)... I think I'd go as far as to say its my favourite of the 3... in fact I think if they changed the name to Sour Ice, it would sell out in 20 seconds flat (ok, so I'm probably high ;)).

JamieShoes

Veteran
*Taken from the "What you smoking UK Thread"

Here's me this afternoon...

Jack 47

This is the most interesting of the 3 phenos I had... the other 2 were a mix of Ak47 and JH genes but this last one has almost no AK... the strain is advertised at 7-8 weeks (I know right?) and the other 2 were actually done at 8/9 weeks, but this one, this one kept on trucking and finally gave it up at 11 weeks... she is very hazy/piney/incencey/sandlewoody little number with an open structure and incredible resin coverage (thanks AK :) ), very sticky and and all round joy to smoke... should be even better with some glass time...and with that, the last of my test driving on the new strains is done.. it's all about curing now :)

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts