What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3-way corners

mrgrynch

Mentally Disturbed
ICMag Donor
My grow tent uses plastic 3-way corners, which I fear will fatigue and fail, taking my grow out with it. Does anyone have a source for steel/heavy-duty corners?

I appreciate any help!

Snow Crash

Veteran
I don't know anything better than what you have now.

Ironically, it's the metal corners that fail more often. They depend on welds of very thin tubes. The more rigid properties of metals don't allow them to "bounce back" or flex very well under strain. They also will rust.

I know it sounds crazy, but in a lot of cases that plastic is engineered to be very strong and they use it not just because of expense, but because of how well it works.

The cheap, shitty, ebay tents all have metal corners. High quality tents come with plastic ones. It's all for good reason and makes sense.

mrgrynch

Mentally Disturbed
ICMag Donor
Thanks for the information. I've examined mine closely and they seem in fine shape. My grow is now done. For my next I will probably suspend the inline fan above the tent rather than having it sit on top. That should cut the weight just for good measure.

Latest posts

Latest posts