What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Phenotype Hunt 3 Strains of Bros Grimm

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Nice work … When he came back on the scene in 2016 with his old flagship C99 I was one of the very first once again to run them because I have such a success with them on the original run here is the thread on that endeavor >>> https://www.icmag.com/threads/cinderella-99.333481/
Thank you so much for the link, and really the great work and reporting. I read all 27 pages thirstfully!

I too am looking for the cloying pineapple/slightly bad meat smell with a wicked soaring buzz that I remember.

I see that back when you did the thread, you had mixed feelings about the results. Did you find a more complete pheno in all those seeds?

Once again, thanks for your interest and the work/documentation that you have shared on your Cindy quest.

-al

iTarzan

Neat thread. I will follow along and hope to learn some things to grow as skillful as you grow. Thanks for sharing.
Lately many people are complain that Ocean Forrest is too hot and you added worm castings. I have been using Happy Frog with some worm castings, mushroom compost and rabbit manure. Then I feed with cal/mag and fish fertilizer or fox farm nutes. My plants don't get buds as big as a friend who uses Ocean Forrest. I am thinking of Ocean Forrest/Happy Frog 50/50.
You had seedlings in Ocean Forrest and none of them burned. They look incredible.

Did you have the seeds on a heat mat to get them to pop that far in 24 hours?

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor

To the Cloner!

The plants are big enough to take clones! I like to number them by size. This helps with planning the layout in bloom later. Here are the group shots by strain showing everyone's final identity. Positive Identification and traceability at all steps is essential.

Rosetta Stone:

BGPH014.jpg

Cinderella:

BGPH015.jpg

Apollo:

BGPH016.jpg

Cloner:

BGPH017.jpg

I've set up the cloner using al's Rootin Tootin Cloner Setup Sauce. You can get more info and recipes in the 4 crosses of Slapz thread.

So we have three cuts of every individual in the cloner. Our goal here is to get at least one healthy clone of each girl. Any leftovers give us options such as extras in bloom or replacing the original mom if needed.

Moms After:

BGPH018.jpg

They look a lil ragged after getting trimmed and topped, but will continue to get trained for future momhood.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

iTarzan

Green Rush Farms, "As always, your comments and questions are welcome".

I asked a question and await the answer.

If I lived in Michigan I would be ordering some stuff from you.

flylowgethigh

grassyhopper
ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
I ran BG Apollo XX recently. Not bad dope but nothing standout about it. I have two phenos of Peak C99 running now, courtesy of Lost Tribe. Gonna make a haze hybrid with them using Seedsman OHz from JohnnyChicago via Mr Flower.

Your plants do very well in those styrofoam cups.

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Did you have the seeds on a heat mat to get them to pop that far in 24 hours?
No just room temp. Heating mats can help fungi grow and I've had mixed results especially with old seeds. Some 3% H2O2 helps. Sterile technique and a flow hood help, but hard to sterilize seeds with more than an alcohol rinse.

Cold storage to room temp has gotten me the best results.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
I ran BG Apollo XX recently. Not bad dope but nothing standout about it. I have two phenos of Peak C99 running now, courtesy of Lost Tribe. Gonna make a haze hybrid with them using Seedsman OHz from JohnnyChicago via Mr Flower.

Your plants do very well in those styrofoam cups.
Thanks for the intel. I have seen that most reviewers have called it the same, but there's always a chance! lol

Good luck on the crosses.

The 32 oz cups are the best. They allow for a nice tap root and enough volume to keep the plants alive in them for 4 months, just enough time to bloom out clones. I go to 2 quart pots when they get too perturbed.

Busy Mom Room:

BGPH019.jpg

2 Quart Clones at 5 Months:

BGPH020.jpg

Thank you for your interest.

-al

flylowgethigh

grassyhopper
ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
Here is what it looked like

1667589246489.png

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor

Disaster!

BGPH021.jpg

We had a pump failure and the cuts went without spray for at least 12 hours. Quite a few are beyond revival.

This is the risk of aeroponics. If we were in any other media, 12 hours without power is just a cloudy day.

These pumps run for about 5 years or so and have a lifetime warranty. Of course we have backups of all critical equipment and luckily we can replace most of questionable cuts with fresh ones that will be 4 days behind.

Anyone that just might make it were put in a backup cloner.

Between the new cuts and any Lazuri, we should end up with at least ONE rooted clone of each individual.

Thankfully we were ready with mom plants that had been trained, making this just another bend in the road, rather than the end of it.

-al

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Supporter
Thank you so much for the link, and really the great work and reporting. I read all 27 pages thirstfully!

I too am looking for the cloying pineapple/slightly bad meat smell with a wicked soaring buzz that I remember.

I see that back when you did the thread, you had mixed feelings about the results. Did you find a more complete pheno in all those seeds?

Once again, thanks for your interest and the work/documentation that you have shared on your Cindy quest.

-al
Well to answer your question I was disappointed because I ended up with a lot of purple phenotypes and a lot of cat piss smelling marijuana the marijuana was good but I couldn’t really find much sending it like the 1999 version and what really pissed me off is that he came back saying that it was going to be identical …he promised me ! but anyway that’s all water under the bridge…I’m enjoying what you’re doing W Cindy 99 remains one of my very favorite marijuana if only I could get the original run I believe he only put h500 seeds back then believe it or not

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor

There Can be Only One! . . . or two

Before:

BGPH024.jpg

After:

BGPH025.jpg

I have gathered all the rooted clones, including the Lazuri from the pump outage. I cleaned up the best two clones of each individual, putting the best of each in the main run, while keeping a backup of each girl.

I'm guessing we will be going to bloom with these in just a couple weeks.

-al