What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

250w HPS users....

Meepo

reij730.jpg

Hello. My first grow and i'm vegging under 250mh in homebox xs.
I Have 5 (Neville's Haze x Rockaberry) x Skywalker
Aka Reijo's special.

Today LST'ed the biggest one (atleast tryed) :D

Maybe 1 or so weeks and I switch to 12/12@HPS.

M

mrred

whats the best 250hps bulb for under 25$? i seen there about 6 to choose from

lipasss

mrred the best one in my opinion, is Osram PlanStar - double light spectrum and much more lumens than regular bulb. Gib, Sylviana or Natrium are fine too but not ass good as PlantStar.

C99 x V continues... (now under hps 150W, because I needed the 250W for another project)

snv31401.jpg

snv31463.jpg

snv31414.jpg

youngbuck1986

i wanna start up a 250w grow and i was wondering what r the basics ill need for my cab. dimensions r 2x2x3. what will i need exactly for heat and smell issues?? I see sum people talking about 4" inline fans and speed controllers, would this be used for exhaust? also do most people use a carbon filter or a diy type of scrubber. Also would passive intake work well enough or not? I plan on having about 2-3 plants and training them to stay low. I have a small fan i plan on using for circulating the air around in my cab. Is this all sufficent enough or am i totally just confused?? any help would be good. my biggest concern at the moment is noise seeing the fact that i live in an apt.

i wanna start up a 250w grow and i was wondering what r the basics ill need for my cab. dimensions r 2x2x3. what will i need exactly for heat and smell issues?? I see sum people talking about 4" inline fans and speed controllers, would this be used for exhaust? also do most people use a carbon filter or a diy type of scrubber. Also would passive intake work well enough or not? I plan on having about 2-3 plants and training them to stay low. I have a small fan i plan on using for circulating the air around in my cab. Is this all sufficent enough or am i totally just confused?? any help would be good. my biggest concern at the moment is noise seeing the fact that i live in an apt.

Hey, I was in the exact same spot as you many months ago and like you wanted everyone to tell me what to do and how to do it.

My advice is to just read everything, books and threads and eventually it all just makes sense.
After alot of reading Im just about to start my first grow (with a 250w) and am pretty confident in myself. So best of luck to you

dargo

hi, just got my 250w HPS (double spectrum) from growell. can I join the club!! :D

Il be growing auto white russian, auto ak47 x auto blueberry & auto ak47 x auto kush (all lowlife seeds) I want to get it all set up now but we are having builders put radiators in each room of our house in 2 weeks so dont think it would be a good idea to set up untill all the pipes are fitter for that. im worryed enough about the 7.5ft+ plants in the greenhouse.

Anyways, im so excited about getting my light, I know its not as good as a 400w but for the space I have and what il be growing its perfect

M

mrred

that screen is what made the 1 plant all spread out evenly and good looking

one Q

Quality
Veteran
why do you even use the screen if you jsut let them grow out of it like that? I dont see any benefit from that screen in that pic TBH.. Looks hella good though.

The scrog creates points of security for strength to tie to That plant would have been over 7ft tall as stated in that thread. You keep the Height of the plant UNDER the screen and the branches grow upward and spread out. The keep to ONE POUND ONE PLANT thread too by NBG. Peep that one out

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why do you even use the screen if you jsut let them grow out of it like that? I dont see any benefit from that screen in that pic TBH.. Looks hella good though.

imo the real secret of scrog is letting them grow above the screen a bit as well as filling it. you've got 5-6" from bulb to top of buds, then with a 250 you've got 6-7 inches of decent intensity light below that so why not have buds that are 6-7 inches high above the screen?
thats when you get the really good yields.

always difficult to get the balance right and not let it get completely out of hand, but if you get it right you get a really decent rake of buds :joint:

V.

P.S. a bit like this (mmg) - i get 4 like this under my 250
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what kind of yields are you guys pullin off your 250s?
and average height of box and dimesnions
?

you can get 1g/watt and above if you have a decent size area and an intensive method like scrog. imo 2' by 2' or slightly wider is a good size giving 60ish watts/sq foot.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that would be ok i would have thought. just slightly less room to cram the buds in ;) . obviously the smaller the cab the more likely it is to overheat so make sore you get good ventilation!

V.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Deltron, that's a perfect size for a 250! If done right w/ vents and a good pheno you'll be swimming in it!! Keep us posted as to what you run and how