What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2020 Any Dispensaries Neem/Aza Free Yet?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've been picking up cannabis from dispensaries in Cortez, and it's ALL polluted with neem/aza. I mean disgustingly so. Makes me wonder where peeps picked up their education on 'quality' in regards to cannabis.

Someone please tell me there's a dispensary in Colorado selling 'clean' cannabis somewhere. Yeah?

Thank you!
:tiphat:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Probably not going to happen. The laws allow so much pesticide residue and, believe me, the growers are going to push that to the limits. I can't speak for all growers but everyone I have spoken to used pesticides as a mandatory part of the grow. Not to kill bugs.... to prevent them.

So, it's doubtful you'll find pesticide free pot in any store or from any grower that is designed for profit.

Douglas.Curtis

lol, at this point I'll go for Avid cannabis for a while. I simply cannot deal with aza/neem taint over the long term. About at my limit now and it's only been a couple weeks.

I know it's likely a lost cause. Most dispensaries have photos of their huge, perpetual, flower rooms. You're correct, they have to spray to keep things going and it's sick. Canada has banned neem/aza for commercial cannabis, but I hear they make up for the lack with plenty of other junk.

What gets me... is how ignorant the regular buyers of dispensary cannabis are. They're actually 'happy' about it. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so sensitive, so I could pollute myself without noticing and enjoy it. The thoughts are very fleeting. lol

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
If you think there's poison in the pot we smoke.... that ain't shit compared to the poison we eat in our food every day. How do you think they keep apples from rotting while they are in huge bins in tankers for weeks as they ship all over the world from Brazil? Fludioxonil. WAY more poisonous than neem/aza but most people are consuming it every day without ever knowing it.

None of this means ANYTHING to ANYONE........... UNTIL.......... it's on the TV news. Then, the entire country will be in an uproar about it and the forums will be filled with opinions about it, mostly blaming whomever is President at the time. However, until the TV News tells people to think about it... they won't. People like you and I are aware and avoid. Others are fucking clueless. No big deal. Do for self.

Besides, EVERYONE knows who is to blame for all the evil and death in vaping cannabis.... yep, the flavored e-cig people. Killing us off left and right. Saw that on the neeeeews. Even saw a Governor ban flavored e-cigs and saved the people in his state from sure death. LMAO

Mr. J

Don't smoke garbage weed. I've seen your buds, Douglas, so I have no idea why you would be consuming dispensary trash.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
There is only one way to ensure good clean cannabis and, that is to grow your own (for those that can). I have seen too many "folks I respect" use chems as a "preventive measure" Cleanliness is next to godliness. Easy (more or less) indoors, not so outdoors. :(

MindEater

I thought quality Cannabis had elevated levels of natural pest repellents? Must be the way they grow it.. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090911133656.htm

Its always that bad tasting weird smelling stuff that has pesticide contaminants. What a coincidence. My opinion, chicken proceeds the egg in this one. The world will never learn, until Monsanto dumps a trillion dollars into organic research (now that they can patent microbes and their metabolites).

Grow your own till your 120 years old... Guess that's why people have kids. Cuz God knows everyone else is going to poison you. Last crap I tried from a dispensary had my eyes swollen shut and feeling like a pilled out zombie the next morning. Like it really changed the shape of my eye in a way pot doesn't do. Not chunk eyed,more like punched by Tyson a dozen times. About 30% weed high 70% random chemical poisoning. And people smoke the garbage all day every day, getting stupider and uglier by the minute.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
I thought quality Cannabis had elevated levels of natural pest repellents? Must be the way they grow it.. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/09/090911133656.htm

Its always that bad tasting weird smelling stuff that has pesticide contaminants. What a coincidence. My opinion, chicken proceeds the egg in this one. The world will never learn, until Monsanto dumps a trillion dollars into organic research (now that they can patent microbes and their metabolites).

Grow your own till your 120 years old... Guess that's why people have kids. Cuz God knows everyone else is going to poison you. Last crap I tried from a dispensary had my eyes swollen shut and feeling like a pilled out zombie the next morning. Like it really changed the shape of my eye in a way pot doesn't do. Not chunk eyed,more like punched by Tyson a dozen times. About 30% weed high 70% random chemical poisoning. And people smoke the garbage all day every day, getting stupider and uglier by the minute.
... and that is not a good thing. Their alterations have already affected most of the population wrt their crap, not to mention that they breed for sterility (seeds)!

Douglas.Curtis

It's an amazingly polluted world. I can only shop about 3% of the local grocery store, due to personal choices, and most of that is still loaded with pesticides. I'd like to write a book which illustrates the facts of modern life, in a way the modern man actually groks. lol

I've been growing my own for 15+ years, the last few years have been a bit rough. Just a short stopover though, I'm expecting 2020 to finish in grand style. :)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
lol, at this point I'll go for Avid cannabis for a while. I simply cannot deal with aza/neem taint over the long term. About at my limit now and it's only been a couple weeks.

I know it's likely a lost cause. Most dispensaries have photos of their huge, perpetual, flower rooms. You're correct, they have to spray to keep things going and it's sick. Canada has banned neem/aza for commercial cannabis, but I hear they make up for the lack with plenty of other junk.

What gets me... is how ignorant the regular buyers of dispensary cannabis are. They're actually 'happy' about it. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so sensitive, so I could pollute myself without noticing and enjoy it. The thoughts are very fleeting. lol

The masses have found all the shinny dispensary stuff and are hooked. I'm sure it may be better then the brick weed from Mexico. So they think its great.

It’s better than the Mexican and the trashy, tumbled leftovers that CO and CA export.

I prefer Dispensary weed more than those, but definitely less than Home Grown.

MtnGanj

@Douglas.curtis Just curious how you can tell finished dispensary product has been over treated with Neem oil? I’m surprised there isn’t a certain PPM limit for neem in the testing?

Douglas.Curtis

@Douglas.curtis Just curious how you can tell finished dispensary product has been over treated with Neem oil? I’m surprised there isn’t a certain PPM limit for neem in the testing?
Nerve impulses which would register pain for you at about a 7, typically register pain with me at about an 11. Highly over-amplified CNS response. Same for taste, hearing, and smell.

The first indication is the smell. I can usually pick the most heavily concentrated jars by the smell. The ones treated before flower have the lowest scent of it. Those I can toke for a few days before my digestion starts slowing. As the aza builds in my body over time, my digestion gets slower and slower.

Smoking it, the heavy scented jars leave an oily film inside my mouth and lungs. It's similar to the horticultural oil used for pm and such, but different. Lighter. It also has a taste to it. Can't put my finger on it, but I recognize it every time. The main smell in the 4-corners dispensaries is mostly from neem/aza.

Heavily contaminated cannabis makes my guts start grumbling in minutes. Just a couple tokes is all it takes.

Douglas.Curtis

I wish, it's not very water soluble though. I've heard of folks breaking it up and putting it under lights for a day, to get the aza to break down in light (like it's supposed to).