What's new

2012 West Coast US Summer Reggae Festivals

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
So I figured I'd start this thread to see if anyone here was going to some of the reggae festivals this year.

Sierra Nevada World Music Festival June 22-24 Boonville, CA
Reggae on the River July 21 & 22 Garberville, CA
Monterey Bay Reggaefest July 27-29 Monterey, CA
Northwest Reggae Festival August 10-12 Marcla, Oregon
Beneficial Reggae Festival August 18 & 19 Redwood Valley, CA

I'm thinking about going to SNWMF and Reggae on the River.

The Beneficial Reggae Festival caught my eye because I'd like to see I-Taweh. Summer time is always nice out here. So getting ready to enjoy it. It's definitely getting warm right now.

Any tips people have, artists they're excited to see, songs they want to share, and just good vibes in general are all welcome.

I'm always looking for the cutty camping spots, so if anyone has one they want to share...hit me in the PM.

Big Things! :)

Abja Roots

Veteran
Ikahba- Dem Skylarking

[YOUTUBEIF]MPe9sKZE64U[/YOUTUBEIF]

Chuck Fender - Herbalist Farmer
[YOUTUBEIF]C0-_MDRrymo[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

Abja Roots

Veteran
Ikahba - Struggle Goes On

[YOUTUBEIF]9sdGilNoavA[/YOUTUBEIF]

Chezidek - Getting Hotter

[YOUTUBEIF]11JZb7gTeV4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
I will be at the Lake Tahoe Reggae Festival at the new MontBleu Outdoor Concert Pavilion. Saturday, June 30, 2012

Great thread.

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Wish I was goin to SNWMF this year....they always have the best lineup imo n good vibez. Wife just had our 2nd baby not more than a month ago so traveling for a summer fest is out of picture for me this festival season lol. Perhaps next year we cross paths at snwmf. Have fun and post some pics if u do go! Good vibez

RudeDog

Veteran
Wish I could attend...bit of a trek from the UK though

Are Midnite & Dezarie playing any of them?

Abja Roots

Veteran
Midnite is playing at Reggae on the River. Just saw them in SF a month or so ago.

I don't think Dezarie is playing, but she's usually out here over the summer so I'll be glad to see her if she comes out. I love the whole Virgin Islands reggae scene. I especially would love to see Ikahba if he ever comes back to play. He came on tour with her years ago, but I missed it.

If anyone knows of any other shows or festivals. Post them up and I'll add them to the first list.

Guest02345

reaggae on the river all the way!! one of the best festies ive ever been to. great vibe and stellar nuggets. all around great festie.

great thread abja

Boink

Reggae in the Hills was excellent at Angles Camp. Pato Baton, Yellowman, Bushman, Mystic Roots and more... 37 more days until ROTR!!!!! Can't wait

Snoopster

Veteran
Waiting for Reggae On The Rocks, I'm too old to travel for music now.

suy0wm.jpg

Fingers crossed that TBA is either Groundation or Midnite (I'd love to see Abja but I know that is not happening)

Freaking $75. I would not go if I had to pay.

Abja Roots

Veteran
I'd agree. These have gotten way too expensive. $75.00 for one or two groups I'd like to see, is too much. Lots of people I know couldn't go to these if they weren't getting in for free.

Abja Roots

Veteran
Just got back from SNWMF, which was pretty awesome.

Saw Prince Alla, Jimmy Cliff, Third World, Twinkle Brothers, Lutan Fyah, Perfect, Israel Vibration, Della Grant, Romain Virgo, and much more.

Good Times...

Who is going to reggae on the river or the beneficial reggaefest?

Prince Alla & the Twinkle Brothers ~ "Babylon a Fight and Version"

[YOUTUBEIF]8kOo3_zJ1_o[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

Mia

I'm not going but if you go to reggae on the river and want to be in water that hasn't been bathed in by thousands of hippies walk up the eel(north) a little ways out of the festival there's some good swimming holes barely anyone goes too... saw a crazy colored rattlesnake out there...

Abja Roots

Veteran
Getting ready to head to Reggae on the River this weekend. Should be lots of fun. Thanks for the tip Mia!

Snoopster

Veteran
I'm not going but if you go to reggae on the river and want to be in water that hasn't been bathed in by thousands of hippies walk up the eel(north) a little ways out of the festival there's some good swimming holes barely anyone goes too... saw a crazy colored rattlesnake out there...

Dude, the preferred nomenclature is "African American rattlesnake"

Abja Roots

Veteran
Just got back from Reggae on the River. Long days and nights!

Cook valley campground was bumping! Sound systems everywhere and lots of interesting people. The main festival was cool, but the late night parties were definitely the best. Went with some girls who ended up wanting to go to bed early on two nights. So sent them off to bed and went back to the parties.

Spliff Skankin, Irie Dole, and a bunch of others killed it. Midnite played a tight set as usual. It was a great time hanging out on the river. Found some quieter spots and my friends at Cooks found a nice waterfall to swim at.

Won't be around for the Northwest Reggae Festival or I'd head out to check it. Will probably go to the Beneficial Reggae Festival.

Latest posts

Latest posts