What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 year old Swazi x Red Congo

Lolo94

Just opened up some vaccuum sealed and refrigerator stored Swazi x Red Congo. The plants had been grown indoors under a small LED setup and harvested in 2022. Sample was smoked in a joint with "natural" papers. Smoke was very smooth and it was easy to take good hits without any coughing or throat discomfort. Taste was very light and kinda fruity (I have a horrible sense of taste so I'm not the best judge). Took 3 nice hits off the joint and got ready for the ride. First effect was an interesting sense of urgency, a deep breath and sort of a phase shift. I wouldn't call it paranoia (which I've experienced with some cobbed thai weed), but more of a hyper awareness. The high is mostly in the eyes and front of the head, with a little limb tingling. The more I started moving, the more the high settles. It creates an interesting combination of awareness and energy. Ended up going on a long beach walk, then became consumed with being able to do as many pullups as my age. Being middle aged, this task ended up taking over 30 minutes, but was weirdly enjoyable, easy to focus on and satisfying once completed (we'll see about tomorrow). It's almost like it took that level of excercise to calm the high. Once thing that I noticed was that while just walking, it was easy for the mind to just trail off and kind of lose focus on the surroundings. I am not sure I like this trait. My preference is being able to focus more on my surroundings with a combination of energy and a smile on my face. The high has lasted several hours and also gave me the energy to dig several planting holes for the tomatoes. Interestingly enough, I can feel the high just kicking in again after having some good coffee and typing. Buds are really small and don't look as impressive as the "top shelf", but the effect is pretty good.

Attachments

• IMG_6929.JPG
    IMG_6929.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 41

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Just opened up some vaccuum sealed and refrigerator stored Swazi x Red Congo. The plants had been grown indoors under a small LED setup and harvested in 2022. Sample was smoked in a joint with "natural" papers. Smoke was very smooth and it was easy to take good hits without any coughing or throat discomfort. Taste was very light and kinda fruity (I have a horrible sense of taste so I'm not the best judge). Took 3 nice hits off the joint and got ready for the ride. First effect was an interesting sense of urgency, a deep breath and sort of a phase shift. I wouldn't call it paranoia (which I've experienced with some cobbed thai weed), but more of a hyper awareness. The high is mostly in the eyes and front of the head, with a little limb tingling. The more I started moving, the more the high settles. It creates an interesting combination of awareness and energy. Ended up going on a long beach walk, then became consumed with being able to do as many pullups as my age. Being middle aged, this task ended up taking over 30 minutes, but was weirdly enjoyable, easy to focus on and satisfying once completed (we'll see about tomorrow). It's almost like it took that level of excercise to calm the high. Once thing that I noticed was that while just walking, it was easy for the mind to just trail off and kind of lose focus on the surroundings. I am not sure I like this trait. My preference is being able to focus more on my surroundings with a combination of energy and a smile on my face. The high has lasted several hours and also gave me the energy to dig several planting holes for the tomatoes. Interestingly enough, I can feel the high just kicking in again after having some good coffee and typing. Buds are really small and don't look as impressive as the "top shelf", but the effect is pretty good.
Thanks, friend that's a very good report, and l love it. You describe the buzz perfectly. Some weeds help me put more into my workouts too. Really kick ass sometimes. I love the way that weed looks too. It looks like it's cured well. Thanks again.

Lolo94

Thanks, friend that's a very good report, and l love it. You describe the buzz perfectly. Some weeds help me put more into my workouts too. Really kick ass sometimes. I love the way that weed looks too. It looks like it's cured well. Thanks again.
You're welcome. I think that the energetic effects of the right type of cannabis are under appreciated by not just by many smokers but by the public at large. I just listened to a podcast on the history of cannabis in Africa, and the professor mentioned how Africans used it as a stimulant before doing labor intensive work. To me this makes sense, because it also helps you get into a groove or like a flow state where it's easier (at least mentally) to do more physical things. I dont get this effect with coffee alone, although it can amplify the high when coming down.