What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2 plants n heavy flowering n May????

beaver50

Im n eastern,KY
I have 2 plants of different breeds n heavy flowering.Small buds are on the 2 plants.The other plants of the same breed have not even showed sex yet.Is this or has it happened to any body else?Also what would cause this?

packerfan79

Veteran
Im n eastern,KY
I have 2 plants of different breeds n heavy flowering.Small buds are on the 2 plants.The other plants of the same breed have not even showed sex yet.Is this or has it happened to any body else?Also what would cause this?

That's strange days are pretty long for flowering? Are they sativa, or landraces that come from a different latitude? Autoflowers would do this.

Cool Moe

Veteran
Current length of day in Louisville is 14 hrs 40 mins, days are a little shorter still in the sourthern part of the state but both should be long enough to not be in flower especially with the days still getting longer. Like packer says, autoflower strain could be one reason, rootbound plants in a pot that is too small could be another.

WelderDan

Veteran
Did you go from 24 lighting to outdoors? As has been mentioned already, root bound plants will sometimes go into flower.

What strain(s) are you running? Some plants just need less dark hours than others to flower.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
They all have equal access to light and they're all the same cuts... or do you have shade action going on or working with seed plants?

beaver50

There not auto.There all skunk and the 2nd is Ak 47 kush.I did go from 24 hrs to outside.There all getting the same light pretty sure.I have them in a spot were they get the same light.Them 2 might be getting less from some weeds thats around.But not that much less that they would flower.There nit root bound,I dug a 3X3 foot whole for each.But I have 5 skunk and 3 Ak 47.One of each are flowering and there about 3 feet apart from each other.There has 2 be something about the spot.Would you say??

packerfan79

Veteran
When you run seeds your better off to try to match the light cycle while starting inside, this is most likely your problem. My suggestion would be to give some artificial light during the night. If running lights to your plants, a strong handheld spotlight could help, light up each plant for 10 to 15 minutes or more if you are able. This should be enough to stop flowering. That being said it may be to late to have a bumper crop. Give it a shot anyways. Or start new seeds

Gizmo

hello guys so to begin seeds indoor under 24/0 and put the plants outdoor later is not a good idea ? does a 18/6 cycle better ? i have young plants in 24/0 indoor right now and would like to put them outdoor in a month, the flowering only begin mid july/early august here, maybe i should flip to 18 hours now what do you think ?

YetiOG

Going from 24 to 14 indoor triggers flower in lots so thats likely what happened... bonus is they will reveg outside and ve extra large or they might finish early if you are lucky

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
You started from seed, so there will be differences. Yes, the shade from the weeds will make a difference.

Perfectly normal.

beaver50

I cant run lights no way.I cant take a chance on them being seen.Somebody will steal them or the law will get them.I have always did the 24 hrs then set them out.Never had no problems until this year.But this is the first year I have grown these 2 breeds.I have agrown Durban in the past.I order them seeds back in 83.Before it was against the law.I finally got some more good seeds ordered.But there is several good post on what happened with my plants.I would just like to narrow it down so it doesnt happen again.