What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HOW MANY CHILDREN NEED TO DIE BEFORE GUN LAWS CHANGE IN THE USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three Berries

no, i am not saying that at all... that would be ridiculous.
Someone asked for some info so i posted it.
There is a big difference between facts and opinions - and it would be useful if more people knew the difference.
The days of quoting 'official ' sources are over in case you haven't noticed. I'm sure there is no bias in their numbers being financed by the government and are a State University.

But that's not the issue. The issue is connecting suicides and guns as a reason.

It was posted earlier how the Mental Hospitals were all closed up. That is a major issue. Especially since the local jails or homeless on the streets are the results. But I wouldn't trust a government phycologist now for anything. Big Pharma and the Medical Industry could go a long way to help solve the problem if they would switch from treat to cure. And what about the open border where fentanyl comes flooding across? How many people are accepting bribes to let that continue?

Edit: And the Big Pharma appears to have pivoted. The have gone from avoid cure to treat, to infect to treat.

Three Berries

There is nothing that is so obvious as what goes on in Chicago. They do not want to fix the problem. The problem opens doors to funding. Apparently there is no will to stop the shootings. And what are the calls from the affected community? Policing is Racist

Why the all shootings in predominantly long term self segregated communities? 7 generations of welfare provides no knowledge of anything else. The social pressure doesn't come from schools, though the school social pressure is caput nowadays anyway. Social pressure comes from the gangs who thrive in the revolving door criminal system.

Where do gangs get their funding? What is one of the gangs biggest cost to them? Maybe bail and legal fees, is that why Illinois and other areas around the country are eliminating bail and the Soros DAs not prosecuting?

Both The Governor JB Pritzger and the Mayor Lorrie Lightfoot tell all that can hear how improve the situation is in Chicago and Illinois. Then ask for more Federal or State money. It's complete fabrication.

Three Berries

Countries with the Highest Suicide Rates​

Suicide occurs throughout the world, affecting individuals of all nations, cultures, religions, genders, and classes. Other innate factors, such as disorders of the mind and abnormalities at birth, can heighten someone's propensity for experiencing depression, whether as the occasional episode or a lifelong ailment. To lower the rates of deaths resulting from suicide, countries need to address many common underlying factors that add up and make someone more likely to choose suicide as an outlet. Depression rates are one factor that holds serious importance, but other factors to take into consideration are academic, performance, physical condition, mental health and well-being, economic standing, financial struggles, workplace performance, and overall life satisfaction.
In 2019, the ten countries with the highest suicide rates (number of suicides per 100k) were:
  1. Lesotho - 72.4
  2. Guyana - 40.3
  3. Eswatini - 29.4
  4. South Korea - 28.6
  5. Kiribati - 28.3
  6. Federated States of Micronesia - 28.2
  7. Lithuania - 26.1
  8. Suriname - 25.4
  9. Russia - 25.1
  10. South Africa - 23.5

The only western European nation with an exceptionally high suicide rate is Belgium, which ranks at number eleven with 18.3 suicides per 100k. However, it is worth noting that Belgium has some of the world's most liberal laws on doctor-assisted suicide, also known as euthanasia, which is likely to be a factor in its statistics.

Countries with the Lowest Suicide Rates​

Perhaps surprisingly, many of the most troubled nations in the world have comparatively low suicide rates. Afghanistan has 4.1 suicides per 100k; Iraq has 3.6, and Syria has just 2.0. It is not clear if the suicide statistics for these countries reflect suicides committed due to mental health problems and terminal illnesses (which are the primary reasons for suicide in most of the world) or include suicides committed as part of the ongoing conflicts in these countries.
The world's lowest suicide rates are in the following countries:
  1. Antigua and Barbuda - 0.4
  2. Barbados - 0.6
  3. Grenada - 0.7
  4. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - 1.0
  5. Sao Tome and Principe - 1.5
  6. Jordan - 1.6
  7. Syria - 2.0
  8. Venezuela - 2.1
  9. Honduras - 2.1
  10. Philippines - 2.2

moose eater

1674987283740.png

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I wonder if there were any dissenters, but out-voted and in strict adherence to democratic principles
kids gotta do what their parents tell them to. :shucks: being Chump folks, they probably "let" the offspring go first, just in case... "here Timmy, let me do that for you..." :thinking: wouldn't want them to back out and shame the family by surviving , now, would you? i figure it is a double murder and one suicide.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
I wonder if there were any dissenters, but out-voted and in strict adherence to democratic principles?
With Democratic principals the two parents are able to end the life of the children.
With Principles of a Republic they wouldn't be able to end their children's lives because the children have inalienable rights such as the Right to Life that cant be taken away .
In a Republic two Wolves cant vote to eat the one sheep.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
With Democratic principals the two parents are able to end the life of the children.
With Principles of a Republic they wouldn't be able to end their children's lives because the children have inalienable rights such as the Right to Life that cant be taken away .
In a Republic two Wolves cant vote to eat the one sheep.
wolves ALWAYS eat the sheep. "sorry, it WAS unanimous you know..."

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I'm sure there are at least 5 shooting deaths in the USA every day.
i think you are way too much of an optimist...depending on the source used, it is between 110 and 200 per day...99 die in car wrecks daily, with nearly 7500 injured, many of whom will die later. Covid was killing 875 per day on average a year ago.

moose eater

I'm sure there are at least 5 shooting deaths in the USA every day.
Just between murders and suicides, not counting 'deemed-legit' shootings by cops, or accidental shootings (discharge while cleaning the firearm, hunting accidents, etc., though it's my guess that some 'accidents' involving 'cleaning the firearm and the gun went off' are in fact masked suicides), in 2020, the US saw about 137 firearms deaths per day.

(*In Alaska, per our insurance laws/regs, if a person dies by suicide, and they've owned their life insurance policy for at least 2 years, the policy still has to pay. Not that way in all states, from what I understand, though. And some 'masked' suicides are staged 'accidents for purposes of avoiding familial stigma, too. And perhaps other reasons, as well).

Again, that is strictly suicides and murders, if I read the page correctly..

But that also figures into a Country of ~350 million people.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was making a point that every day someone is killed being shot. I was thinking at least 5 people are murdered by a gunshot. When is too many enough? Clearly, 100 isn't. Will 200, 500,1000 make any difference? .

This is 100% American made. Thees no other country that has the same problem

moose eater

I was making a point that every day someone is killed being shot. I was thinking at least 5 people are murdered by a gunshot. When is too many enough? Clearly, 100 isn't. Will 200, 500,1000 make any difference? .

As others have argued, and I agree, it goes beyond simple firearms as the issue, and incorporates beliefs and attitudes. The John Wayne, Big stick, Wild Wild West attitude is far more prevalent in the US.

Other countries such as Switzerland previously had their militia members (citizens) with military-issued rifles, etc., in their homes in the past, yet didn't witness the gangland and murder nonsense we see in the US now. I'm betting their cops feel less empowered to shoot so freely, either.

But the Swiss aren't notorious for appointing themselves as world cops, forcing policy on other sovereign nations, seizing land under rights of conquest or emminent domain, etc.

There's a LOT to do with attitudes in this issue, especially in the US.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think so. It clearly shows the USA has too many people with mental problems to allow such gun freedom. It's clearly in the millions with mental issues. There's no reasonable explanation for guns to be so easy to get. Making people take a test and do a background check will help stop some with mental issues from buying them. Doing nothing just changes the number of deaths a year. At some point in the future, someone will finally stop the needless deaths from guns. None of us will live to see that.

Three Berries

How many lives are saved evey day because of guns?

Go to Chicago to see what the wild side does with guns. Don't expect me to give up my rights because they are uncivilized and the police won't do anything about it.

I'm sure all the black on black crime is diminished in value compare to conservatives white legal gun owners.

What next do you think you can impose on society that ills us? What about obesity?

www.heyjackass.com <<<<Illustrating Progressive values........

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Gun violence occurs more when there's more guns.

If someone wants to kill someone they can do it without guns, but usually not as easily.

Suicide bombers can get their count up pretty high but not very many happen here.

Remember that guy in Canada that went for a killing spree? I bet he passed background check and psych eval and jumped through more hoops than it takes here.

The white supremacist in Oslo that targeted the youth camp?

I'm just saying that it can happen anywhere but guns do make it easier.... usually.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
How many lives are saved evey day because of guns?

Go to Chicago to see what the wild side does with guns. Don't expect me to give up my rights because they are uncivilized and the police won't do anything about it.

I'm sure all the black on black crime is diminished in value compare to conservatives white legal gun owners.

What next do you think you can impose on society that ills us? What about obesity?

www.heyjackass.com <<<<Illustrating Progressive values........

What the hell are you babbling about?

Blah rah racist bullshit blah something else completely obtuse... blah generalization derp paranoid blah fat people...

Who is imposing what upon whom thus far?

I was about to ask what your obsession with Chicago was all about but I think I can figure it out from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.