What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2.4M X 2.4M x 2.2m tent with 4 X fc 6500 led'S but what extraction?

MD84

As above, what size fan/filter for the above grow kit? I see people recommend 10 in fans on some sites but this is for hps and seems like overkill to me........

Jock420

Sorry I have never used leds.could you not get an environment controller for fan. You could try 8in isomax and dim it
with controller

MD84

Sorry I have never used leds.could you not get an environment controller for fan. You could try 8in isomax and dim it
with controller

Yeah i will have a fan controller but if i get a fan that is too small to begin with then that wont help much lol. I don't want to go too big either if it isn't needed as it will cost more and take up more space in the tent.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it was me i would go with a.... SL TD800SILENT

8"/200mm In Line Duct Extractor Fan - Silent 800m3/hr with

a 8 inch barrel and a variac speed controller matched to Acoustic ducting win win all day long but i would say that.;) As thats what i use in my room, and im running leds 1440w perfect combo for me and my ladies.:good:
Forgot to add and i dont run it on full only half speed even when central heating is on full all day.
:good:

Last edited:

MD84

If it was me i would go with a.... SL TD800SILENT

8"/200mm In Line Duct Extractor Fan - Silent 800m3/hr with

a 8 inch barrel and a variac speed controller matched to Acoustic ducting win win all day long but i would say that.;) As thats what i use in my room, and im running leds 1440w perfect combo for me and my ladies.:good:
Forgot to add and i dont run it on full only half speed even when central heating is on full all day.
:good:

Thanks for that. I was going to go with another hyper fan stealth if i was to go with an 8in as i have one of their 10 in fans and it works well enough. The 8in version moves 1206m3 of air and as i'd be using closer to 2600w i'm hoping that would suffice lol.

Koondense

Veteran
Two smaller extractors should be better than one big.
Something like 700-900 cubic meters per hour(total) should be good.

Cheers

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is gonna be one hot mofo. Air condition the lung room, a lot of openings at the bottom and/or a forced inlet air. Definately vent outside. Too bad the area can't be taller.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Too small i'm afraid. I wouldn't really want to rely on hobbyist eqt for a 2.4 x 2.4 tent with 4 x fc 6500's.......

Thanks anyway

get it, then you should at a look at 8' one or bigger ones. Good luck for the grow. man. :plant grow:

MD84

That is gonna be one hot mofo. Air condition the lung room, a lot of openings at the bottom and/or a forced inlet air. Definately vent outside. Too bad the area can't be taller.

you think so? i mean some of these 8in fans seem to move alot of air. probably more than some 10 in fans..

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Yup. The light power will determine the heat generation. Look at having an air conditioner in the room, and vent it outside (hot side) also. I need to do that with my lung room, and I only have 2 lights burning. If there were two tents 4 x 8 each, you could stagger the light times, and even out the heat load. But the best way is to try what you have and go from there.

My tents have the basic design flaw of only one lower opening can be opened on either tent. I am going to make 12" x 12" x 24" boxes, slap HEPA filters on the side, and a 6" fan inside, with a 6" duct to force the filtered air into the tent. Should help with my SM problem also. If the exhaust from the AC unit was ran into that box, I could do a better job with tent temps and run the light harder.

bye12

I would go for an EC fan with a controller, they are more energy effective and don't do any humming noise when dimmed.

I use a Prima klima EC my self and is super satisfied with it, comes with a thermometer and a speed Controller, just set the maximum temp, low and high RPM and the fan ramps up when temps get too high.
Ac Infinity seems like a good choice as well, have only seen good review about them and they also have a humidity sensor so it ramps up when the humidity is to0 high.

I would personably go with 2 fans instead of 1, just to have redundancy if 1 broke and too have more uniformed air extraction from the hole tent.

MD84

can someone tell me how i go about daisy chaining the lights? Would the controlling light be channel 1, then linking to channel 2 on the second light? But what about the third light? Also, could you daisy chain a different model from the fc series with the 6500? Thanks