What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1x CANDYKUSH(AUTOSEEDS) 1x SUPERHASH(PYRAMID SEEDS) - Balcony/window grow

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kustom ax-
After reading your interest on molasses, I decided to try side-by-side comparisons using Black Strap. Of course, my girls are almost finished. Been watering w/ rain water or rain water/molasses mixture. No appreciable difference, meaning nothing gang buster to huge percentage change as some report. However, had in the soil mix, 'probiotics' mixed in from the get go;microbes. Still seeing slight new growth with the rapid trichome changes- could be the warming trend after rain deluge last week. In my notes from previous grows, I've recorded new growth (miniscule) but at much, much slower rate right before optimum harvesting.

Anyway, K ax you have calyces (?)swelling, and new growth!! Whoo-hooo! And curious about the taste test. Time will tell. They are your babies and you did a fine job raising both of them!
Be proud of your balcony babes!

Kustom_ax

Veteran
AH-HA! Nice, nice! Yeah, i've been givin' them molasses for a bit now.
I say swelling, but it could just be the last "flowering kick" comin' thru . . . before senescencia i mean

On trichome change....the super hash now has amber trichs, say 3-5%, shit load of milkies and maybe 5-10% clears (clear trichomes are readily apparent in the calyces where brand new white pistils are shootin')
As for the Candy Kush. . . about only 5% white pistils, but calyces are swelling, even the ones with brown pistils; trichome-wise, she's still displaying the major % of clear and about 30-40% cloudy . . . leads me to think she can still go for more time! No ambers found yet=(

Howeva, I gots me some kickass mini microscope with led lightin' and ajustable zoom and focus! Eheheh, gonna scrutinize ma baby Kush tomorrow!

I've taken new pics, but i'm really lazy today xD no patience for the Camera>pc>jpeg>pdf>save>upload>add>quote pic deal . . . Tomorrow's another day!

Cheerz Arid!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey K ax-
I hear ya....pics are ok when other things don't need attention to detail. What fun looking at them frequently in "real time". Smiling each time you look at them, right?

I finally hacked down both the Nirvana Sky and the Chaze...over 120 days on each.....renamed the longest autos. White pistles when I hacked....they turned a beautiful amber golden orange in a dark linen closet shelf to dry. So, yours could be ready even if the pistles and trichomes are fooling with you.

With all the great care you've taken, it'll be some wondrous K ax Cannabis Cup (WINNER!!) Autumn 2013 smoke, no doubt about it!:tiphat:

Kustom_ax

Veteran
AHah oh freakin yeah man, totally! Can't wait to chop'em down, Chop' em down! ahah

New pics! First up, Super Hash!
picture.php

picture.php

Candy Kush!

picture.php

picture.php

And now the pic i'm most proud of, eheheh, came out with a very pretty contrast!
Love it! (oh, those are my mesc cactus in the back )
picture.php

Comments, critics, complements, please! Feel free!
Again, more pics in my album

Whatcha think Arid??

CheeerZZ

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Frosty, frosty scrumptious goodness on a green stem!! Both look mouth watering. My fave of the two (in pics)....the super hash plant. Pyramid has some nice strains. I grew an auto Nefertiti year before last.
And I'm a great fan of Auto Seed line. Grew Berry Ryder, created a hybrid and HiJack is one of my favorites. Love Jacks! Plan to do the Auto Pounder later.

Yum, yum, YUM, K ax!! Chop, chop soon!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And nice San Pedro cacti in the background. Had a few growing years ago. Never did anything with them though.

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Ahahah! Thanks man =)

Yess, she has indeed come a long way, she has filled up nicely! - the super hash.
I still have some pyramid beans; new york city and anesthesia, eheh

Candy Kush's lineage was actually Auto pounder x "Sweetest of Cali's Indicas", which obviously I will never know if its actually true - The Plant does not dissapoint tho, not at all, eheheh

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Did you happen to notice the little foxy tail like wanna-be calyces on the Super Hash?

CheerZ

Kustom_ax

Veteran
@pumpkinpie

Ahahah, I just harvested the Super Hash! About 15-20% amber, 70% milky and about like 5-10% clear =)

Gonna let the Candy Kush another week. The majority of trichs are still clear :S . . . but the plant looks so damn ripe (confusion!)

Party in 2 weeks! 1st tasting commitee, eheheh

Cheerz!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
K -ax,

Been out of the picture, fall road trip through WYO & ID, a 6 day trek. Tree colors uber vivid, traipsing along forest roads, a few trails, skirting a few lake shores, it was the Rx much needed! :good:Fishing wasn't an option this time. Much preferred ambling/hiking, unable to sit still.

Glad I went as the window of opportunity for primo weather was closing fast-BIG changes in weather after returning. Last warm rays of late summer, early fall season up North.

Awesome you harvested Super H! How's she looking? I bet the color changed, tell me it's so! And the Candy should be at it's peak. Yes?

Last edited:

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Hey Arid!

Awesome! Glad to know that, you sure did the right thing - Summer has officially ended.
I got my share too! Went spearfishing quite a few times this summer =)

Yes! She's dried in a wooden box now, in the balcony. I ripped her with the majority milky (due to wanting the sativa like high) but under dayly inspection I can see that many trichs are turning amberish as a result of the drying, I guess. Yes she was turning very yellow.

Although not has crazy yellow as the Candy Kush is right now. She's even gettin' some purple hues only on the underside of the biggest leafs :p

On the other hand the Candy Kush is still swelling - much slower because of the temp. drop - but the trichs are all either milky or clear . . . very and I do mean Very little amber trich counts.

Thought: Do you think that during the curing period the trichs will mature further, or will they stay in the stage (clear, milky, amber) they were cut and dried at?

CheerZZ

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Arid!

Awesome! Glad to know that, you sure did the right thing - Summer has officially ended.
I got my share too! Went spearfishing quite a few times this summer =)

Yes! She's dried in a wooden box now, in the balcony. I ripped her with the majority milky (due to wanting the sativa like high) but under dayly inspection I can see that many trichs are turning amberish as a result of the drying, I guess. Yes she was turning very yellow.

Although not has crazy yellow as the Candy Kush is right now. She's even gettin' some purple hues only on the underside of the biggest leafs :p

On the other hand the Candy Kush is still swelling - much slower because of the temp. drop - but the trichs are all either milky or clear . . . very and I do mean Very little amber trich counts.

Thought: Do you think that during the curing period the trichs will mature further, or will they stay in the stage (clear, milky, amber) they were cut and dried at?

CheerZZ

Right on about late summer adventures!

They'll ripen after the cut as having experienced that numerous times when I "thought" they we not quite ready. I was always satisfied, rich gold-amber hues, sugar leaves coated in such.

The swelling is the last "gasp at life", along with the aging yellowing, the purple, no doubt from drop in lower AM temps. It's time, my friend, to let her rest.....cut her down!!

Kustom_ax

Veteran
@Arid

Ahah, Spot on! ;)

I've stopped everything on her. Now i'm justing letting the soil dry up nicely for a clean cut!
Temps havent really helped on the drying of the soil.

Yes! The last little productive resistance ahah, little clusters of swelling calyces, only just here and there, still trying to push out they're white pistils in a last desperate attempt to gasp some polen from the air =P

It looks beautiful man, the contrasts between the colors! The dying yellow, the little purply hues, dark green on the inner buds, all the glittery sugar coating and the touch of the orangy/rusty like pistils . . . Oh god, YUM! xD

Cheery-O =)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take a pic before you cut. Love it when there are numerous colors going (growing) on. Sounds like Mardi Gras beads...all glittery, etc.

Some put in total darkness (like in a hot water tank closet) the last 48-72 hrs. Hence 'Dutch method'..... absolute darkness for 72 hours before cutting and drying. Analysis of the resulting dried buds showed that some varieties had seen an increase of THC of up to 30%, while CBD and CBN remained the same."

Lots of ways to tender your plant prior to harvest.

Kustom_ax

Veteran
@ Arid

Will do !

Hey man, it's raining pretty bad over here, very humid... i'm worried about the candy kush.

You think i should just cut her and dry her inside or leave her out and wait for a more dry day?

Cheerz

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ Arid

Will do !

Hey man, it's raining pretty bad over here, very humid... i'm worried about the candy kush.

You think i should just cut her and dry her inside or leave her out and wait for a more dry day?

Cheerz

Well, if rain only lasts a day, two at the most, then a run on el sol....keep her outside, but make sure she's dry from rain, and/or shake off excess before the 'tim-berrrr!' . Best to have her dry out.

Second option, bring her inside to start the dry out process.

After all the care and stewardship you've bestowed on her...the LAST thing you want is mildew/mold. Yikes!

Hang in there. The wait is well worth it!!

Kustom_ax

Veteran
@ aridbud

Bad news my friend :(The rain did not stop for a whole week, with RH (humidity) hitting the 90's. . . crazy-ass weather. Any way, I chopped her as soon as I can home, shook the excess water and put her to dry.

Made two mistakes:

1º Did not take a pic, due to the stress, for you to see - Sorry, man.
2º Should've broken down the buds into smallest possible size.

I found mold on them....especially on the bigger nugs :( So I had to cut everything down to small little nugs, inspec every little corner and cut the infected part. Lost, say, about 20% of the Candy Kush... I knew I should've taken her down even before the rain.

Dude, it got so humid here that the Super Hash, which was already drying, became wetter due to the fucking humidity.

Good news tho: Super Hash is fully dried and curing! A total of 37.5 grams! Already smoked some so I'd say maybe 40grams total. And I'm really happy with it =)

Sucks for the candy Kush tho, I'm looking to get maybe 20 grams dried. Some buds look horrible now cuz I had to cut them up to search for mold. :(

Sorry again, man, for not remmembering to take a pic :/

I'll post some pics of the Super Hash buds soon! Very Sativa looking! Stretchy and Lean! eheh

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
K_ax

Sorry to hear. CRAP-o-la.

In hindsight, probably having room DE-humidifier might have helped, yet sounded like you were drenched inside. Just a sm. fan wouldn't have taken the humditiy of the room, nor the plant. Or a hand held hair drier on neutral setting. Alas, she's done.

Recall jarring up yrs. ago when buds were not dry....m-o-l-d. Had them jarred up @ 28.5 gr. More embarrassing, I sold it to friend's friend, unknowingly. As you can imagine, it did not go over well.

It's all in the learning curve. As long as you learn from your mistakes and not repeat them....chalk it up and grow on!!

SUPER BRIGHT SIDE, super hash came out perfectly, a nice stash for you and taste/effect to your liking, that's the outcome we all want to attain! Well done, K_ax!!

Kustom_ax

Veteran
Arid

Hey, no biggie . . . that learning curve, am I right? xD ahah True, true

I actually jared up the Candy Kush today - weight at 40.8gr. Nice! Considering everything!

Yes! The super hash was very satisfatory!

How about you man, how've your experiments been doing? eh eh eh That Chaze, right? :p

Latest posts

Latest posts