What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1LB Hemp CBD Extraction

Hey guys,

I use CBD to treat my PTSD and I just recently got a great deal on one pound of shake and trim. I'm just wondering what's the easiest extraction method that I could use safely in an apartment. I figured with that much material I should extract it first and then make my infusions. Also assuming I extract bit properly is there any way I could estimate the dosage based on the weight?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
IMO, the only SAFE method in a apartment is pressing rosin. Any solvent method is dangerous, even with the right equipment. Albeit, rosin presses are not cheap. Even a small one at under $400 would take quite a while to press a pound.

If you can deal with dry sift, a dry ice shake in a 70 or 80 micron bag will probably work great. Then, use the sift to make your whatever.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

I use CBD to treat my PTSD and I just recently got a great deal on one pound of shake and trim. I'm just wondering what's the easiest extraction method that I could use safely in an apartment. I figured with that much material I should extract it first and then make my infusions. Also assuming I extract bit properly is there any way I could estimate the dosage based on the weight?

I suggest QWET. It requires minimal equipment and is less hazardous than BHO.

Everyones tolerance is different, regardless of weight, so you will need to titrate. I would start at a 100 mg and work up from there.