What's new

18 Strain Cross with Reversed Super Boof

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
18 Strain Cross to Reversed Super Boof

This time we are reversing Super Boof, a multiple cup winner. She's medium/tall and super trichy. The buzz is immediate with good duration.

Here's a guide to the participants:

APBN - Apples and Bananas Blue Power, Grand Daddy Purple, Platinum Cookies

BRLC - Black Rock Lava Cake (Thin Mints x Grape Pie) Ver12 Best Potent Cake - al’s cut

BSCT - Biscotti (Gelato 25 x South Florida OG)

BTFL - Black Truffle (Pure Michigan x White Truffle) breeders cut

CDRB - Cadillac Rainbows (Runtz x Pure Michigan)

GDGP - Gran Dawgy Purps (Grand Daddy Purple x Chemdog IV) al's cut

ICCC - Ice Cream Cake (Wedding Cake x Gelato #33)

PRMI – Pure Michigan (Oreoz x Mendo Breath)

PTCK – Platinum Cake (Platinum OG xWedding Cake)

SBCP - Sherb Cream Pie Chromatic Cultivation cut

SKBY - Skunk Berry odiferous old time sativa

SLPZ – Slapz Runtz x Grease Monkey) Cup Winner

SPBF - Super Boof (Black Cherry Punch x Tropicana Cookies) Multiple Cup Winner

TKZC - (TK Lato x Zittles Cake) Stack of Triangle Kush

WAGL - White Angel (Hell's Angel's Kush x The White) al's cut

WIFI – White Fire #3 Old time weed still kicking

WTFL - White Truffle (GG4xPeanut Butter Breath) BeLeaf cut

WTMT – White Meat – 3rd Coast

Day 0 Bloom

Unit:

SPBFX001.jpg

Layout:

SPBFX002.jpg

She-Male:

SPBFX003.jpg

Our Super Boof She-Male started silver treatments and 12 hour light cycles a week before our harem hit the bloom room. This is to ensure that the pollen comes early for fully mature seeds.
The cotton balls are used to help keep the silver in contact with the stems longer. Its just insurance against difficult reversal targets.

Everyone is healthy and sized well to grow together and make a decent crop of seeds.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBF004.jpg

Lots of nice growth for the week past transplant. Everyone has made the move to the bloom room and is of sufficient size to produce a seed crop.

Data:

SPBF005.jpg

We have already fed them twice and cranked the light all the way up to 11! I have swapped positions of a couple plants to help the canopy form a colosseum under the light. I have also done the first shoot prune.

This is where I take out the lowest shoots while leaving the fan leaf. The shorter the plant, the more shoots I remove. This strategy redirects the plants energy to elongation, and helps even out the canopy.

Side:

SPBF006.jpg

Lush Plants:

SPBF007.jpg

She male at 14 Days:

SPBF008.jpg

Here she is, just hitting the stretch,

Spray History:

SPBF009.jpg

We have been spraying STS every 3 days and will start stretching it out to 5 for the next bit.

Balls Out:

SPBF010.jpg

Here you see the first male flowers forming at the base of the first buds. We should see further development from bananas into full male flowers in the next week, and early pollen following that.

---

We will strap everyone into the trellis and get ready for stretch in the coming week.

It’s about to get a bit nutty up in here as we pinch and prune and try to control the explosive growth of the next phase.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX011.jpg

Lots of touchdowning plants as we head into stretch.

Data:

SPBFX014.jpg

The plants have been eating heavily. I have completed the trellis and have everyone strapped in. I have started pinching and pruning as the plants need. I don’t remove fan leaves unless they are damaged or directly shading other plants.

Side:

SPBFX013.jpg

Center:

SPBFX012.jpg

Male Flowers:

SPBFX015.jpg

We have fully formed male flowers. Pollen should arrive in about a week.

A short walk through:

-al

Creeperpark

Mentor
Man, that is so cool of you guys to show us how you work. I'm loving it and learning a lot from you. You really know your stuff friend and it's so easy to understand when you post your book. Thank you for taking the time to share how professionals grow with easy-to-understand words.

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX016.jpg

Getting tall and making the chair disappear!

Data:

SPBFX017.jpg

The hard feeding of N to make stem has slowed as flowers are emerging from the first buds. They continue to get foliar sprays on lower leaves without buds. This is noted with a circled s. The plants love al’s Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray. You can find the recipes along with all of my current tech in the “4 Crosses of Slapz” thread here in the forum.

Side:

SPBFX018.jpg

Center:

SPBFX019.jpg

Button buds and happy plants abound.

SPBF She-Male

SPBFX020.jpg

I have staked it up and added a pollen collection tray. I gather up the fallen flowers for the freezer.

Flowers Poppin:

SPBFX021.jpg

Getting color and starting to burst.

Pollen!

SPBFX022.jpg

First confirmed pollen right on time at 28 days. The pollen will continue to form for at least another month.

This is when all the training comes into play, as we try to maximize the plants without growing past the light.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX023.jpg

Stretch is about done and the buds are filling in. We got up to the light and stayed there with pinching and pruning.

Data:

SPBFX024.jpg

The plants continue to eat heavily after the first res change. I have started to shift the nutes to hard bloom with their first PK boost. Removing bud zone leaves continues as we manage the grow to maximize light usage.

Side:

SPBFX025.jpg

Center:

SPBFX026.jpg

Male Flowers:

SPBFX027.jpg

Flowers are starting to open and release pollen. Our prime pollination time starts now. Pistol browning is the next thing to look for in our quest for seeds.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
How many times a day do the plants get fertigation?
A high pressure stream of nutes is continuously sprayed into the root chambers. My recipe/method is called syntho/biotic aeroponics.

The nute solution is comprised of a low ppm synthetic base (Heavy 16) supplemented with my Aero Tea that provides beneficial bacteria, fungi, and partially digested organic nutrients.

In depth information on this can be found in the "4 Crosses of Slapz" thread here in the Green Rush Farms forum.

Thank you for your interest!

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 35 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX028.jpg

We have nice buds everywhere. All the plants have adequate targets for the pollen that has started to fly.

Data:

SPBFX029.jpg

The plants have slowed their eating with only one hit of food and one PK boost. I have removed fan leaves from the bud zone, but tried to keep as many as possible. We will target them with our foliar spray, allowing us to force feed nutrients into the plant just when they slow uptake through the roots.

Side:

SPBFX030.jpg

Center:

SPBFX031.jpg

She Male:

SPBFX032.jpg

Our shemale has started to open flowers. We have some yellow pollen and brown pistols – so it’s looking pretty good!

A short walk through:

We are at the half way point and everything is looking good. Now we will just work on building bud and developing mature seeds.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 42 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX033.jpg

Buds are starting to develop their characteristic trich coverage and aromas. Gran Dawgy Purps and Skunkberry lead the stench wars. The slightest brush of either girl induces slobbery grins. Sure hope their daughters can carry these traits.

Data:

SPBFX034.jpg

I started the res change light, since burning bud growth tips right now would be calamitous. But these girls are finishing maximum uptake this week and just cleaned their plate every day. A PK boost with the res change continues our shift in the nutes.

Side:

SPBFX035.jpg

Center:

SPBFX036.jpg

SheMale

SPBFX037.jpg

The flowers are starting to drop off along with the amount of pollen. Shehe has only a few days left in the bloom room because we don’t want underdeveloped seeds. Not sure if I will put it in the transition chamber to collect more pollen, or just do the BIG prune.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
How much time do you give the seeds to mature after pollination?

For the best viability, I have found a month of cold storage helps to the tune of about 5% in my measurements.

For the rapid phenotyping I do here, I generally only have a week or two between harvesting and popping. To stay ahead of the pack, speed, very careful methods, and scheduling are the tools I use most.

Here is my original production schedule created last fall:

schedule01.jpg

The date runs across the top. To see whats going on anywhere in the lab, at any point in time, just look down from the date. With this tool, I can react to issues and problem solve on the move.

Superior planning is the first step in even the simplest grow. Farmers have always been the first planners and practical scientists since Stone Henge.

Thank you for your interest.

-al

Creeperpark

Mentor
For the best viability, I have found a month of cold storage helps to the tune of about 5% in my measurements.

For the rapid phenotyping I do here, I generally only have a week or two between harvesting and popping. To stay ahead of the pack, speed, very careful methods, and scheduling are the tools I use most.

Here is my original production schedule created last fall:

View attachment 18841634

The date runs across the top. To see whats going on anywhere in the lab, at any point in time, just look down from the date. With this tool, I can react to issues and problem solve on the move.

Superior planning is the first step in even the simplest grow. Farmers have always been the first planners and practical scientists since Stone Henge.

-al
How long do the seeds stay in the plant from pollination and finished seed before being harvested and then put in cold storage? BTW I love your work friend thanks.

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
How long do the seeds stay in the plant from pollination and finished seed before being harvested and then put in cold storage? BTW I love your work friend thanks.
I like plants to have 3 weeks left for the final pollination. 3 weeks is enough time for seeds to fully develop.,

Thanx for your encouragement! Need that sometimes.

Also friend do you use any clear-x or cleaning liquid to flush the plants roots in the substrate before harvesting the seeds?

I just lower the ppms to around a 100 for the last week. I don't use clearX or anything like that. I do add Terps to help preserve what the plants have.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 49 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX038.jpg

Coming into the home stretch, just a wonderful assortment.

Data:

SPBFX039.jpg

The plants have been sipping nutes as we begin to close down the Nitrogen.

Side:

SPBFX040.jpg

Center:

SPBFX041.jpg

A riot of colors and flashing trichs. Top shelf girls showing their stuff.

Budz:

SPBFX042.jpg

Just a view I wanted to share. It just never gets old.

It’s almost time to bring the res down and start clearing procedures. The shemale was pulled, but not before once last tour. I have a couple visible seeds, but it still looks like a light pollenation. There are no guarantees when messin with Mother Nature.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 56 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX043.jpg

The plants are starting to finish out. The sights and smells are amazing!

Data:

SPBFX044.jpg

Eating has slowed to a crawl. They got a single dose of Kool Bloom for a PK boost that also messed with our pH. Time to clear is near.

Side:

SPBFX045.jpg

Center:

SPBFX046.jpg

Lots of purps and trichs.

Skunk Berry:

SPBFX047.jpg

She lights up the dark purps around her with florescent pastel colors showing her old time sativa heritage. The lightest touch releases an assault of penetrating sweet berry perfume.

Platinum Cake:

SPBFX048.jpg

Just absolutely slathered!

White Meat and Friends:

SPBFX049.jpg

Bright white chunks on a purple plant with a whiff of dank.

The plants are winding down and a few will be done within days. Aero speeds us up by about 5 days across a normal 63 day run, so this is about right. It’s time to clear the res and start figuring who goes first.

-al

Green Rush Farms - al

Vendor
Day 63 Bloom Update

Unit:

SPBFX050.jpg

Here we are at the end. And what a glorious end! I’ll do my best to show you around.

Data:

SPBFX051.jpg

The plants have stopped eating and I have halved the res to bring the ppm to around 200. No terps needed for a seed run.

Side:

SPBFX052.jpg

Center:

SPBFX053.jpg

Skunk Berry

SPBFX054.jpg

I really love the color contrast with our wonderfully stenchly Skunk Berry.

Back Side View

SPBFX055.jpg

Still love the view from here with waves of buds.

Platinum Cake

SPBFX056.jpg

So much cake on the cake!

Slapz

SPBFX057.jpg

Sparkling spike of doom!

Gran Dawgy Purps

SPBFX058.jpg

She emits vapors. The fumes make your mouth and your eyes water.

Sherb Cream Pie

SPBFX059.jpg

Just a great purple budded plant with a mentholated floral perfume.

Here’s a video walk through where I go through all the plants at finish.

A test snip has confirmed that we have fully formed mature seeds. However, they are pretty scarce. Looks like 1-2 per medium bud. This is plenty for our experiments, but not many for distribution.

So I would say we got mixed results overall for the experiment. I do love growing all these strains together, but I would like fully seeds buds or maxed out centerfold girls. In the end we got just a little of both.

Thanks everyone for following along. Look for future pheno hunts of these precious girls.

-al