What's new

10lb per month production, 2005

79towncar

If you properly pasteurize and spawn to a bulk substrate production can increase exponentially with minimal risks of contamination.. Most commercial mushroom farmers spawn to a bulk substrate.. They buy there spawn from another source usually.. Although, this was a very nice set-up.. The market for mushrooms is too unstable.. Everybody who got in on the ground floor over at shroomery and started selling supplies like spawn bags, jars and spore syringes those are the people who got a foothold in a steady market... Not to mention its a legal market...

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Hey why did you go with fruiting jars instead of spawning them to large tubs of horse manure or rye? I lost all my pics because I forgot the encryption key to unlock them heh, but I ran the same sized tubs as yours, spawning from LC (liquid culture) to horse manure and WBS. I was averaging about 2lb a month for "personal use."

If I go at it again I will probably go with spawn bags and the biggest pressure cooker I can find.

I stopped because I have enough shrooms to last me forever, and I now prefer 2C-E and 2C-I (legal research chemicals) to shrooms. Also in my area there is no market like there is for weed.

Tweexican

This grow setup seems really inefficient if you ask me.

you should have upgraded from BRF substrate to grains.

jars should have been upgraded to spawn bags.

and you should be fruiting from bulk substrate instead of from cakes.

you could have taken all of the substrate you fruited from and used it as spawn to multiply your harvest tenfold.

your ONE harvest you show in the pics is equal to one flush of a 30gallon monotub.

lemme know if you'd like some help.

Tweexican

both rooms...incubation on right, fruiting on the left

incubation chamber....roughly 5x6 withe like 5 or 6 shelves to start

closeup of first shooms... dried up in the heat so tried to rehydrate

You should take the foil off of your jars to allow gasses to permeate your lid filter. It aids in colonization of the substrate.

Tweexican

Other substrates can take longer, sometimes quite longer. Theres no real easy method to speed that process up other than to keep the temperature and humidity constant and in the optimal range. Also the speed, size, and quality of fruiting will depend on your choice of substrate and there's definitely many to choose from.

You can get full colonization in 6 days from millet, rye, popcorn or sorghum in a 1/2 gallon mason jar.

Latest posts

Latest posts