What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100w LED distance??

alvin88

So I'm having a tough decision here. First time using an LED and also first time doing a micro grow. So far the plants and I love the light, but as they get taller I have a problem.

It is currently about 10-12" from most of the tops, with a couple branches closer to 7-8" away. No light burn anywhere, but I am getting a more uneven spread as the plants get closer.

Do you prefer to have a bright spot in the middle with dimmer edges, or is it better to raise the light some until the spread evens out some? I'm guessing that as long as I'm not burning, to just leave it. I think raising it may even out the over
20231213_195110.jpg
all spread, but also decrease overall intensity.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So I'm having a tough decision here. First time using an LED and also first time doing a micro grow. So far the plants and I love the light, but as they get taller I have a problem.

It is currently about 10-12" from most of the tops, with a couple branches closer to 7-8" away. No light burn anywhere, but I am getting a more uneven spread as the plants get closer.

Do you prefer to have a bright spot in the middle with dimmer edges, or is it better to raise the light some until the spread evens out some? I'm guessing that as long as I'm not burning, to just leave it. I think raising it may even out the over View attachment 18932520 all spread, but also decrease overall intensity.
Each plant and each light will give different results. The best way to know for sure is by watching the stems of the plant. If they get too tall and lanky lower the light and if stay short and get squatty raise them. Watch the plants they will show you where to put them.

Most people have their lights too low or too bright and intense which causes problems so they add a lot of cal mag. I like to raise them as high as I can to keep from having to add a lot of cal-mag. Cal-mag tastes bad when smoked in flowers.

Latest posts

Latest posts