daily operations, observations, and tasks completed." This statement is the first I made when starting my journal, and I believe it is as pertinent now, for one shouldn't forget the
goal: This is an avenue to facilitate my
For my production, I will be employing Sour Dubb
clones to satisfy premeditated objectives. The utilization of cloned genetics provides valuable opportunity for: strict canopy control, universal flower maturity/ripening, and ultimately a consistent experience for the patient. The improvements are too many to list for my objectives, but these are the few that ultimately motivated this decision.
Originally Posted by bobblehead
Your biggest improvement would just be to grow 1 plant that tastes great, and with strong potency. I know you said the dispo likes that you can provide a variety, but who gives a shit? Sour Dubb for example is something you smell and you know instantly you want that one.
Originally Posted by Purple Frostbyte
some small edits indicated with(e)
The true sour dubble clone was found in a small handful (4) of seeds received from BOG at an outdoor festival in northern California a few years ago(2008) at the time my friend was given the seeds he was told its "sourdiesel x sourbubble(never released to the public(e) and its the best pot you will ever smoke". two of the seeds were sown. The plant kept is one of the best tasting Cultivars you will find(e).
Hydroponic System Adjustments:
- I have lowered the water table
about 1.5" in an effort to better control the water profile within the media containers. The working reservoir now holds about 18.5 gallons of solution.
- I have added an aquarium recirculation pump within the primary working solution reservoir to ensure an effective balance is maintained. In my previous production I identified slime deposits and minor precipitation (although this is due to my excessive input
of Potassium Silicate).
- I have added air stones to each individual bucket in an effort to keep the growing mass of roots from tangling and sitting stagnant. I have identified rotting on a few plants submerged root masses during previous cycles.
Conscious Mistakes Identified:
- I nearly made a catastrophic mistake. I nearly adopted an alternate hydroponic fertilizer, therefore adding another variable
to my already chaotic production. "Disaster" averted, whew...
- While I was conscious of the Phosphoric Acid concentration, I still input too much, quickly dropping the pH from 6.2 to 5.6. Because of this I delayed the flooding of the individual sites to allow the solution to balance out. This immediately brought back memories of my first grow, when I micro-managed
the solution pH.
- I added aquarium grade carbon to the reservoir, but failed to clean it sufficiently, therefore "polluting" the working solution. Immediately I removed the carbon and lectured myself once again about adding another variable
to the production.
Conscious Improvements Identified:
- I have mixed a stock solution
with warmed reverse osmosis H2
0 and Jack's Hydroponics in an effort to create a consistent solution that is true to the profile listed on the label. When creating a solution by the input of dry nutrient into H2
0 at such small quantities you are likely to experience imbalances.
- Replacing Intake Filters, HEPA Filter
s and the addition of filtration/aeration within the working solution.
- Maintaining an effective relationship with these living
Originally Posted by Infinitesimal
to be honest, it seems like you have a lot to learn, but you seem capable and willing. just don't try and do to much to soon, keep it simple..