Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Organic Soil > Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

Thread Title Search    
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
 Earth Worm Castings at Walmart! Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
Ulysses

Ulysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of light
Earth Worm Castings at Walmart!

DMF brand Earth Worm Castings at the Walmart in the outdoor garden section for $3.58 per 10 pound bag!

Last month, I paid $29.95 for a 30 pound bag, so I'm off to buy a hundred pounds or so... hehehe... I'm going to open a bag and look at it first...

Anybody use DMF brand- how's the quality???
Ulysses jest offline   Quote

Old 03-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
swampdank
Pull my finger

swampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond reputeswampdank has a reputation beyond repute
i dont know but that is effin awesome! i shall look at my walmart too.

have we been heard? finally?

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

R.i.P Spaceman... We will miss you brother.
swampdank jest offline   Quote

Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
Ulysses

Ulysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of lightUlysses is a glorious beacon of light
They are nice too... Black Rich Sweet Soil Smell... No wood or other scrap that I could see...

DMF's is a subsidiary of a Bait Supply Company so I guess they have a lot of earthworms laying around and decided to put them to work churning out castings...

Looked like only one pallet... But Walmart is restocked often- so let us hope this sku remains available all summer at least... Nice and close by, no paranoia like when walking into a hydrosuppy, cashiers don't even know what it is or what is for...

Old 03-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #4
DIGITALHIPPY

DIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant future
hopefuly its not cladded with chinese lead, it is from the devil (wallmart)....
screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!

Grow(s)
whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284

Construction

The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

Quote:
Originally Posted by treewizard View Post
We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.
DIGITALHIPPY jest offline   Quote

Old 03-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
Ulysses

Oh!

And Alaskan Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1

Old 03-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
Endo
IcMag Resident Comic Relief

Endo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond reputeEndo has a reputation beyond repute
how long to you have to let worm castings cook when you add them to soil? or are they ready to grow? i have some soil now i was going to pick up a bag and top dress the plants i have now.. and mix some with the remaining soil mix.. i dont wanna make it hot though.
~We measure things by what we are. To the maggots in the cheese, the cheese is the universe. To the worms in the corpse, the corpse is the cosmos. How then can we be so sure of our own existence? Just because of our telescopes, microscopes, and the splitting of the atom? certainly not. Science is but an organized system of ignorance. There are more things in Heaven and Earth then are written about by philosophers. What do we know about the beyond? Do we know whats behind the beyond? I’m afraid some of us hardly know whats beyond the behind!"
Endo jest offline   Quote

Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #7
DIGITALHIPPY

DIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant futureDIGITALHIPPY has a brilliant future
if its sold in a bag at wallmart its ready to go as it ever will

*most baged products as a rule, are ready to go.
screw LUCAS forumla! were not in the 70's anymore!!!

Grow(s)
whole lot of growing! 2 3600w grows! 4 light movers 350+ plants all done!
my OG thread thread 5 runs loged in here.
333 chemdog DD's! RES's super run!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=123986
watercooled rooms!8800 watts!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....84#post2848284

Construction

The 5 minute fix for lightproofing window A/C's

Quote:
Originally Posted by treewizard View Post
We need these in every major city. One more weapon to overgrow the system.

Last edited by DIGITALHIPPY; 03-17-2008 at 10:04 PM..
DIGITALHIPPY jest offline   Quote

Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
B.C.
Non Conformist

B.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivor
Lightbulb Cool!

Normally you mix ewc at 25-30% to yer soil with no burn.With castings it's all about the micro critters it has in it....That's purdy cool Wally-World sells it now.I can hear the hydo store guys bitchin now.lol Take care...BC
Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar, dancing on the light from star to star. Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are, I looked in to your eyes and I saw fire! Before that moment you touched my lips, that perfect feeling when time jus slips, away between us on our foggy trip....
B.C. jest offline   Quote

Old 03-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #9
Wait...What?

Wait...What? is a jewel in the roughWait...What? is a jewel in the roughWait...What? is a jewel in the rough
I shudder to think what corners had to be cut in order to meet the supply demands of Wal-Mart. If it is anything like what is happening to organic milk producers, I'll pass, thanks.
Wait...What? jest offline   Quote

Old 03-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
BurnOne

BurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivorBurnOne is a survivor
Yep. Found them here in the Southeast USA at Wal-Mart. Cheap too.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne jest offline   Quote

Old 03-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #11
Smoking Gun
Turn the Gun around.

Smoking Gun is a name known to allSmoking Gun is a name known to allSmoking Gun is a name known to allSmoking Gun is a name known to allSmoking Gun is a name known to allSmoking Gun is a name known to all
I have been totally surprised with what is actually available at Wal-Mart. They actually carry a bunch of items that we would all find useful. Like Serenade, an organic product. I was totally shocked that it could be found there, and for significantly cheaper than what it costs in hydro stores. And the added security of shopping at Wal-Mart, and not a hydro store is kinda nice too. But I still like to support my local hydro stores, gotta support the community.
Smoking Gun jest offline   Quote

Old 03-20-2008, 02:35 AM   #12
B.C.
Non Conformist

B.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivorB.C. is a survivor
Question Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait...What?
I shudder to think what corners had to be cut in order to meet the supply demands of Wal-Mart. If it is anything like what is happening to organic milk producers, I'll pass, thanks.
You don't think they're squeezing the shit outa those worms do ya? Them Bastards! lol j/k BC
Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar, dancing on the light from star to star. Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are, I looked in to your eyes and I saw fire! Before that moment you touched my lips, that perfect feeling when time jus slips, away between us on our foggy trip....
B.C. jest offline   Quote

Old 03-20-2008, 02:45 AM   #13
Ulysses

-- except those are walmart guys beatin' it out of the worms...

The DMF castings look and smell like the expensive stuff... I can't tell the difference... Besides, this SKU is a seasonal item in the garden section, so the worms have all winter to do their thang

Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 AM   #14
Mr Celsius
I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it.

Mr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud ofMr Celsius has much to be proud of
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Walmart is what is wrong with America... now they have the good organic products... quality is questionable.
A plea for your Health (look at this) HP Stadium Organic Pest Control Organics for Beginners BigTokes ~ Basic Water Chemistry!! ALL ABOUT BONSAI MOMS/MUMS Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator The 6k Stadium that foil tape built

Nature is like a brilliant opponent in chess: "We know that his play is always fair, just and patient. But also we know, to our cost, that he never overlooks a mistake, or makes the smallest allowance for ignorance." - Thomas Henry Huxley

"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power." -P. J. O'Rourke
Mr Celsius jest offline   Quote

Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 AM   #15
Phish Dude

Phish Dude is on a distinguished road
nice! if these things really are quality than im gonna score me some. once they stock the garden center that is.
i also found miracle grow organic choice there wtf!?!
Phish Dude jest offline   Quote