in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > 215 ten year BLOWOUT

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts!
215 ten year BLOWOUT Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2006, 09:08 AM #1
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

all messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enough
215 ten year BLOWOUT

Come and celebrate 215 with the folks who made it possible. I remember standing in front of Safeway day after day gathering signatures. I remember when Dennis, Bill, Tod and Dale put a large piece of paper on the floor and wrote prop 215.

Prop 215 Tenth Anniversary Celebration
Sat. Nov 4th* 2006 7- 10 PM. - San Francisco
with Dennis Peron, Tod Mikuriya, Dale Gieringer & friends
Free Entertainment & Food
at the San Francisco Gay Community Center
1800 Market St. @ Octavia
Join us in celebrating the tenth year of California's Compassionate Use Act with the original crew who helped bring it about it, thanks to your and the voters' support for Californians' right to medicine.
(If you can't make it to SF but are in Sonoma that night, check out the SAMM Harvest Dance at the Sebastopol Community Center, 7pm - midnite)
*Technically, Prop. 215 was approved on Nov. 5th, 1996, becoming law that midnight
California NORML (415) 563-5858 // canorml@igc.org
2215-R Market St. #278, San Francisco CA 94114

See ya there.
all messed up is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2006, 07:47 PM #2
mmm420socal
Medical Marijuana Movement DGAF/420/247/365

mmm420socal will become famous soon enough
I went to a nice 215 bash on 2-15-06 at The Rincon club in Frisco...

That was a pretty trippy night. First time Id seen 40-50 patients freely gathered and medicating with no worries of LEO intervention.

Anyone else besides me, JSN and Zamboni Driver go there???

M
Genesis 1:29
Revelations 22:2

I'm gonna SMOKE WEED for the rest of my life...
mmm420socal is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2006, 09:58 PM #3
minds_I
The Emperor is not only naked but batshit crazy.

minds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm420socal
I went to a nice 215 bash on 2-15-06 at The Rincon club in Frisco...

That was a pretty trippy night. First time Id seen 40-50 patients freely gathered and medicating with no worries of LEO intervention.

Anyone else besides me, JSN and Zamboni Driver go there???

M

Hello all,

I am a med patient and I have to say that the bolded statement above begs the question of the legitimacy of medical mj.

After all, people do not get together for a trippy night of crestor taking or prozac.

I am not trying to be an ass- it just smacks in the face of common sense.

minds_I

His contempt for objective truth is the rejection of democratic accountability, an implicit demand that his supporters place undying faith in him. Because the only measure of truth he accepts is what he claims at any given moment, the power his supporters vest in him is unlimited. Sound familiar?
If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.
In the United States, under our Constitution, a free press is a check on politicians of all parties. If we are to demand that other countries respect the tradition of a free press we must also practice that here at home.
Let the people know the facts, and the country will be safe.
minds_I is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2006, 10:35 PM #4
karmical
Close to the edge...

karmical will become famous soon enoughkarmical will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by minds_I
Hello all,

After all, people do not get together for a trippy night of crestor taking or prozac.
well maybe if they had to put up with the bullshit that medical marijuana patients do they would.

i mean seriously though, there is no problems faced those that must only drop off their medical prescriptions at walgrens then mill around for a few mins then pick it up, with little questions asked.

but we have to put up with all kinds of shit in order to receive medical marijuana and if some want to come together and celebrate their individual/and collective victories, and remember those that are not around anymore...

more power to them.
karmical is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2006, 10:42 PM #5
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

all messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enoughall messed up will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hello all,

I am a med patient and I have to say that the bolded statement above begs the question of the legitimacy of medical mj.

I am not trying to be an ass- it just smacks in the face of common sense.

minds_I
Crestor or Prozac users are free to walk the earth. The idea of "getting together " for emotional support and celebration doesn't make sense because they are not an opressed community of adults. In fact many children use those meds. We, as an opressed community gather to celebrate our lives and quite frankly the socializing aspects of medical MJ is greatly overlooked. Humans are social creatures. When we get together we do amazing things like build pyramids, go to the moon and overthrow opressive regeims.

If cannabis had been legal a generation ago your statement would make a little more sense.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:43 PM #6
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

And Karmical, I'll see ya at the party.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:02 PM #7
minds_I

minds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud ofminds_I has much to be proud of
Hello all,

I am not going to win here so I shall not press further but to say hte ink on legitamacy of medical MJ is still wet and I find it counter-productive to have a group of folks get together for the soul purpose of being able to take a medicine in a "PARTY" atmosphere.

And please spare me the "oppressed people" bullshit. I am an Amercian and proud of it. But look to other places in the world where true oppression is rampant and then tell me of your oppression hyperbole with regard to smoking MJ. Seems to pale in significance.

This is just my opinion. I am most glad for Prop 215 and I do indeed take refuge under its protection. Ido indeed have a legitamate medical need- but I would smoke it anyway and have for 30 years.

minds_I

His contempt for objective truth is the rejection of democratic accountability, an implicit demand that his supporters place undying faith in him. Because the only measure of truth he accepts is what he claims at any given moment, the power his supporters vest in him is unlimited. Sound familiar?
If we must have an enemy at the head of Government, let it be one whom we can oppose, and for whom we are not responsible, who will not involve our party in the disgrace of his foolish and bad measures.
In the United States, under our Constitution, a free press is a check on politicians of all parties. If we are to demand that other countries respect the tradition of a free press we must also practice that here at home.
minds_I is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 PM #8
karmical
Close to the edge...

karmical will become famous soon enoughkarmical will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Hello all,

I am not going to win here so I shall not press further but to say hte ink on legitamacy of medical MJ is still wet and I find it counter-productive to have a group of folks get together for the soul purpose of being able to take a medicine in a "PARTY" atmosphere.

And please spare me the "oppressed people" bullshit. I am an Amercian and proud of it. But look to other places in the world where true oppression is rampant and then tell me of your oppression hyperbole with regard to smoking MJ. Seems to pale in significance.
oppression is oppression. if you feel it pales then you're probably not deep enough within the trenches of this war...

good for you cause it can get really nasty at times when you see those that you have stood beside get fucked with and over or in worse cases die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy420
And Karmical, I'll see ya at the party.
and you know this
karmical is offline Quote

Old 10-12-2006, 11:29 PM #9
minds_I

Hello Karmical,

What war are you speaking of??

minds_I

minds_I is offline Quote

Old 10-13-2006, 12:49 AM #10
all messed up
Overgrow refugee

Quote:
Hello all,

This is just my opinion. I am most glad for Prop 215 and I do indeed take refuge under its protection. Ido indeed have a legitamate medical need- but I would smoke it anyway and have for 30 years.

minds_I

The war on patients. Asset forfeiture is real. Med patients are not opressed? Then photograph you garden, post you real address and name and tell me what's bullshit. If America is really a free country show me your face. Not scared are you? I am. I'm terrified of this government. I've seen them spend MY MONEY to to oppress MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Yes it's not as bad inside America as say Iraq where our policies have no need to hide behind propaganda.

What you call a party some would call emotional support.

Please don't highjack this thread. This thread is about a specific gathering for those who worked to make 215 a reality. This is not a place to slam us.