Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Chanting Growers Group

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Chanting Growers Group Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-14-2004, 05:34 AM #1
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

PassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud of
Smile Chanting Growers Group

Calling all Bodhisattvas of the Earth!

I never did a new thread before, but something really cool has happened as part of my experience at ICmag.com. I have found quite coincidently that there are folks here that share my philosophy of life.

So far it is me, Hitman, and VegasBuddha!

Is there anyone else?

Almost anyone reading this (I will asume) will not have a clue as to what the fuck I'm talking about. I'll cut and paste a post from another thread, and at least try and make an effort to explain it.

As always this is a forum. All comments are open, and remember most of all that we are all friends, embracing a common form of focus, participation, and expression.

Kosen Rufu is World Peace!

Thomas

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:37 AM #2
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

PassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud ofPassTheDoobie has much to be proud of
You can chant about anything!

We have experienced something personally that has led us to believe that the ultimate Law of Life and karma is, cause and effect. There is individual karma and there is collective karma. Why do all of the people from varying backgrounds sometimes have collective fates (9/11 for example)?

We believe that the environment reflects the collective karma of those who inhabit it. We have come to accept a view, based on personal experience, that there is a means for individuals to change their Karma, and bring out their Buddha Nature. That is why we chant.

The belief is that the more people that chant, the more the environment of all living things is influenced as an effect of that cause. We are all devoted to achieve happiness in our daily lives and to hopefully express to society through our efforts, a reason to be curious about this NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO, and try it for themselves.

We believe at a point in time in the future, through the efforts of really nothing more than our daily practice, we can influence the numbers of people it will require to "Pacify the land, through the propagation of the law." Kosen Rufu. I.E.: If enough people chant, the ozone layer will heal, the droughts and floods will stop, the earth will become benign to it's inhabitants and people throughout the world will respect the sanctity of life, based on respect for the Buddha Nature in all things.

I never thought I would be discussing it in a reefer forum, but there you have it.

T

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:14 AM #3
Bodhi
Sun DMC

Bodhi is on a distinguished road
I hope you don't mind if I grab a seat next to ya under the Bo tree

In the past year or so I've become very interested with buddhism but there aren't eactly any monestaries nearby for me to go practice at lol

I'm reading "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" by Sogyal Rinpoche...so far it's incredible. I hope to be able to share a bit and learn a lot from you guys

Let us find our true Buddha Nature

peace n' love
-Bodhi

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:16 AM #4

Om Mani Padme Hum

Old 07-14-2004, 06:29 AM #5
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

An infinite universe has no beginning, nor does it end

Bodhi and phototropic,

Let's all sit under the tree together.

Prayer without action is idealism, and action without prayer is futile.

The difference between a common mortal and a Buddha, is that a common mortal is deluded, and a Buddha is not.

Eliminating delusion equals enlightenment.

What is the appropriate way to achieve this in Mappo?

(chanting what's beneath my name below)

Thomas

Old 07-14-2004, 10:41 AM #6
BridesNightie

BridesNightie is on a distinguished road
I'm a cranky ol' dharma dawg.

"ruff ruff"

Old 07-14-2004, 11:14 AM #7
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Ruff Ruff is much better than bow wow

There is no question that there are times in everyday life when cranky is the only appropriate way to be!

Welcome to the tree!

T

Old 07-15-2004, 01:50 AM #8

Now this is so kewl. This reminds me of the medicanal herbs chapter of the Lotus Sutra.:o

It is my desire to bring happiness to everyone I meet. no matter what they may feel. At least we can start by sitting down and sharing together, dialogue. and a doobie

Nam Myoho renge Kyo, Like the beneficient rain for all life!

VegasBuddha

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:56 AM #9

Bodhi,
Try the book "the Buddha in your mirror", available at your local library or even bookstore. Great reading about how to practice without any monestary or priest. The Wonderful Law of Life resides within each and every one of us, and nowhere elses. That is alll tha is really needed. We liberated the Wonderful Law of Life from priestly control in 1991! Now anyone can chant NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO and receive GOHONZON and change their lives forever throught the three existences of past prtesent and future: yes Virginia we believe we live eternally!

VegasBuddha

Old 07-15-2004, 02:06 AM #10
PassTheDoobie
Bodhisattva of the Earth

'67 is almost pre-pioneer!

Thank you VB! We need you to keep an eye on the thread so thanks for jumping in to express yourself. Next week I finish my first full thirty years, but Dude! You be reachin for 40! So happy to have connected with you brother.

Peace!

T

Thread Closed