Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

Thread Title Search
Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true?? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2016, 03:43 AM #1
LostTribe
Cinderella Connoisseur

LostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond repute
Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

So Its been over a decade since running any material from Sensi Seeds. I have often wondered about reports that some strains have become either watered down or were reworked with different parental stock. I have not run any recently so I grabbed some Sensi Northern Lights to see whats up. I planted a couple to see how they compare to the original offerings.

Around 2001 I grabbed a few packs of the following:
Big Bud
Fruity Juice
Marleys Collie
4-way
Mr. Nice G13x Hashplant

My Mentor had his sister grab a ton on a trip to a'dam around 2000 maybe before as well he had the following which I ran some of:
Big Bud
Maple Leaf Indica
Jack Herer
NL5xHaze
Northern Lights
Black Domina

He had several packs of each variety. Main grows were Big Bud and Maple Leaf. I liked the Northern and Black Domina as well as the Maple it was superb. The NL5xHaze, Jack and Northern were all super crystalized and very strong stones.

I did not really find great plants in the fruity juice, or the Marley's.

Folks have been saying for a long time that they reworked everything when Nevil sold the place. Most current growers of atleast the Maple Leaf believe they are the same as the originals. Someone even posted that they had been in contact with the Sensi Maple Leaf grower and stated he knows how special the plants are and has kept them backed up and the same since the original release.

Has anyone grown out any recently that also grew them around 2000 or before?

C99 The Ultimate Search and Rescue Mission
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=334331

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:50 AM #2
LostTribe
Cinderella Connoisseur

LostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond reputeLostTribe has a reputation beyond repute
I choose the Northern Lights as I had read at least a number of folks stating it was still the NL of old. Hoping they are correct. Miss my Sensi NL! Had like a strong Honey Hash taste with an exotic smell very nice and strong.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:21 AM #3
bluntmassa
Banned

bluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nice
I'm sure it's pretty much just as good but selection is a problem with 10 seeds per pack and some of the outrageous prices they have. But I had no complaints about the Skunk#1 I tried but I love Skunks and they just don't seem very popular among the younger generation even though it's probably in OG, GSC, ECSD, etc. Etc.

And I've been told my weed is on par with the West Side so I don't see what all the hype is about.
bluntmassa is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2016, 03:44 AM #4
IM$

IM$ will become famous soon enough
Im growing Sensi Skunk #1 and it is coming along nicely. THis is one has like a sweet and sour smell.

IM$ is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:41 AM #5
LostTribe
Cinderella Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntmassa View Post
I'm sure it's pretty much just as good but selection is a problem with 10 seeds per pack and some of the outrageous prices they have. But I had no complaints about the Skunk#1 I tried but I love Skunks and they just don't seem very popular among the younger generation even though it's probably in OG, GSC, ECSD, etc. Etc.

And I've been told my weed is on par with the West Side so I don't see what all the hype is about.
I dont buy into all the new hyped up strains either. Thing is most of what is available today came from Sensi seeds or derivatives of their stock.

Its very true that since they went from 15 to 10 per pack that finding a keeper becomes more expensive and evasive with 33.34% less population.

I my self would rather grab something from a tried and true breeder than some newb that is just trying to make a quick buck and not running large populations just one off grows or simple s1's. In life you usually get what you pay for.

Best,
LT

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:45 AM #6
TerpeneDream

TerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the rough
Bought some packs last year. Only ran a few of each, but the Sensi and Soma gear Hermed...
TerpeneDream is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2016, 05:31 AM #7
Genes

Genes will become famous soon enough
Sorry to hear that TerpeneDream :( Did you have any light leaks or high temps?
Genes is offline Quote

Old 10-19-2016, 05:40 AM #8
LostTribe
Cinderella Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpeneDream View Post
Bought some packs last year. Only ran a few of each, but the Sensi and Soma gear Hermed...
Hmmm never ever heard reports of Sensi's gear herming it up like pee wee......

Old 10-19-2016, 10:03 AM #9
bigbadbiddy

bigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nicebigbadbiddy is just really nice
Was the same with Dutch Passion for a while.

No reports of hermies anywhere but they started to go more and more fem in their genetics and after a certain incubation period, everyone knew a lot of their shit hermied and they went from top tier to bottom tier breeder real fast.

I have no personal experience growing Sensi gear.

They were on the same level as Serious for me back in the day and I wanted to give both of them a shot now that I got back into it 20 years later. Did my research and I look at both of them like I look at Dutch Passion.
A tendency to go feminized, reports of major changes in the final product throughout the years and overall high probability of genetics not having been preserved well over the years.
Couple that with prices that require you to be at least a level above everyone else and I don't see why anyone would buy Sensi or Serious or TH Seeds or Dutch Passion etc. etc. these days.

I think their main customers are people who are new, unfamiliar or poorly informed.

If you do intensive research, I doubt you would end up at the conclusion that Sensi or any of those listed are a noteworthy candidate to spend your money, time and effort on.

Others are cheaper and better.

/Edit
I am pretty sure some of their strains have been well preserved and will always be top tier though.
Jack Herrer will probably never disappoint. The price tag is iffy though. Could get Super Silver Haze from Mr. Nice for 1/4 of that price through their auctions and have double the beans too. So 1/8 of the price I suppose.
I doubt it is more likely to find a stellar plant in a 10 pack of Sensi Jack than finding a stellar plant in a 20 pack from Mr. Nice. And that for 1/4 the price, so you could run 4 packs for the same investment, giving you up to 80 beans.

Anyway, that's roughly the calculations I did when I decided that Sensi is absurd and from yesteryear. I will never consider running them unless I get gifted something.
bigbadbiddy is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:04 PM #10
bluntmassa
Banned

bluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nicebluntmassa is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostTribe View Post
Hmmm never ever heard reports of Sensi's gear herming it up like pee wee......
Yeah, I learned to take Hermie reports with a bucket of salt personally. I hear about hermies all the time with Mr. Nice yet I've mostly grown there seeds and none has gone full hermie and very few have thrown nanners out of hundreds of seeds.
bluntmassa is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.