So here we are, new year, new plans, more knowledge and wisdom, and higher goals are set!
Last year we had a great outdoor season, was able to harvest some good quality smoke that should get me through this year, hopefully till the next harvest! However, it was a great learning experience! A lot of mistakes were made but that is the only way to learn! We had a rough start of seeds, a mix of bad soil, which resulted in poor roots, which slowed things down a bit! Also, we forgot to put slug bait the first week out, which also slowed things down a lot! We didn't write down the amount of plants or their location and this resulted in some nice surprises and almost on a disaster!
Some genetics used last year weren't the greatest and that resulted in some shitty smoke that had to be sent out to the streets! This year I did some extensive genetics selection, and also know what to expect from what we ran last year!
The holes we prepared last year weren't big enough, we didn't have enough time to prepare them. We also underfed the soil, which resulted in hungry girls by the end of the season!
So enough bragging about last year, here's the plan for this year: bigger holes, more nutrients, better genetics, better planning, lot's of clones and more love to the girls!
The genetics this year will be mostly HFH (danish cheese, brown super 07, and a few others) and LouDog's Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1, which was the best last year!
We'll be starting 30 seeds this week, on straight coco, about 15-20 CJxSB and 2 out of each others. From these, they will be put on flower indoors and the best females will be selected to be turned into mom's and from these we will be taking out clones and putting the out on the middle of May.
The holes will be at least 25+ gallons, hopefully a few 100 gal holes and some in between. Peat, perlite and compost mixed in equal parts, and some fresh homemade EWC, amended with some all purpose organic fertilizer (dr.earth or espoma), dolomite, humic acids, and some mycohizzae fungi when transplanted.
Here's a rough estimate on the breakdown of the dates:
- Jan 25th start seeds
- Feb 20th take clones and turn into mothers/flip to 12/12
- March 5th clones (mothers) rooted
- Apr 30th finish flowering/select best females/kill runts/Take clones from mothers
- May 15th Clones rooted
- May 25th Clones out
The plan is to have around 30/40 clones rooted with a few days veg by end of May, ready to go out!
The location is 42N, same as last year, on a private 50+ acres property, you can check the last year grow in my signature in case you haven't yet. It's its pretty marshy type land where I don't need to worry about watering my plants at all!
If anyone got any critic or suggestions, your are more than welcome to post it