Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > bobblehead overtakes

Thread Title Search    
Click to download IC Magazine Issue #5
 bobblehead overtakes Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #16
bobblehead

bobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod Crane View Post
First to tag.

No joke you have to wait 60 seconds between post in a thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD2012 View Post
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTT!

ahhh fucker, you must pass some Rep around before giving it to ol bobble again.
Very happy that you got the house set up homey. Had to learn the hard way myself that monocropping is the way to go....you saw my N toxicity. Anyways, this is awesome dude, can not wait to see everything up and running.

aod
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopyTeaBags View Post
Rock out man saftey the key issue in this game good luck with the new house....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-Smith View Post
TAGGED! Can't wait to see how this goes Bobble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody2white View Post
Dude this is sick im jealous lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectGreen View Post
Nice B!
Quote:
Originally Posted by megayields View Post
Take care of that shoulder dude, and ROCK ON man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
Awesome. Good luck with the new place bobble. Peace of mind is always a great thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDog420 View Post
Tagged up bobble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Rock on.
Thank you all! Safety first, then teamwork... ha ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
Awesome shit Bobble! That is a crap-ton of Bobblebags...
How many pods do you think you are going to be able to run in there? An entire house just for growing presents some interesting potential. Acquiring a house just is not in the cards here. You would be lucky to get a shack, sliding down a hillside, and in the flood plane for less than $250k... However, I did see someone advertising on ********* looking to rent a 215 friendly house...
So is this the thread we should follow now, and not post in the other ones, unless it is thread pertinent?
Yeah bro, when you have to fill all those bags... I filled 46 to be exact, and 6 1 gallon bags for testing... shit gets old fast. my bobblebags (custom made by SRGB) take the place of 3 1 gallon pots. They save me a lot of time, cause it's easier to fill with the wide top. I didn't really have a plan, but the snow shovel was there and I went to work! lol...

I will initially build 2 pods.... and then from there, I will probably setup the garage as well while I have the cold temps to work with. I could put 2 more pods in the garage. This would be a temporary deal however, and I don't want to get too far ahead of myself yet.

Housing prices in Santa Cruz are outrageous. Have you thought about moving? lol... Seriously, I got my house for $45k on 10 yr land contract. I was shopping for other properties, and I found one in the woods on 1 acre for $22k, and another 1 acre property that was nicer for $45k.... All in the same city as my current house. See where I'm going with this? I'm gonna own a good portion of the area. One day I"ll have to sit on the lake association board, dip my hand in the local politics... Get a deeper understanding for the area and have influence on what happens. When the pond is small, it's easier to be a big fish.

This is the new thread. You can post where you like, but I'll be updating this thread.

"it is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied"-
John Stuart Mill

bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

bobblehead overtakes over
The Float Valve Auto Watering Thread
bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped- 4lbs 1gpw+
1800w flip pods... over
bobblehead's 1800w coco coliseumdone
bobblehead's 1200w Stadium v2.0. Many strains.
-over

Last edited by bobblehead; 11-25-2011 at 03:20 PM..
bobblehead jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 PM   #17
Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant futureIchabod Crane has a brilliant future
Bobble I am heating my whole house with two 1000 watt bulbs and a ac unit. And one of the bulbs is only running 18 hours. I think I am north of you. Last couple of days it got down to 65 in my house. You may have to run some kind of cooling in the winter if you light up that whole house. Of course I don't know how well you are insulated. My house is very well insulated. I usually run a third of the heat bill that my neighbors do.

Now get to work banging those racks back together.

Vertical Scrogg
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242646

Light Proof Door
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246681

Light Trap Vent
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=224159

My wife said smoking will make you procrastinate. So I limited my self to 2 joints per day. It helped with my procrastination because now I am ahead in my smoking by 2 years.
Ichabod Crane jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #18
bobblehead

bobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivorbobblehead is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichabod Crane View Post
Bobble I am heating my whole house with two 1000 watt bulbs and a ac unit. And one of the bulbs is only running 18 hours. I think I am north of you. Last couple of days it got down to 65 in my house. You may have to run some kind of cooling in the winter if you light up that whole house. Of course I don't know how well you are insulated. My house is very well insulated. I usually run a third of the heat bill that my neighbors do.

Now get to work banging those racks back together.
run some kind of cooling? lol... A fan will suffice, given the freezing cold air we have right outside. I'm not scared to cut a hole in the side of the house if I have to... but that won't be necessary. Maybe the floor though. It depends on which part of my house you're referring to as far as insulation goes... ha ha... the new contruction is nice, probably well insulated. The old and older parts aren't very well insulated... and I only run 1800w in flower, 800-1200w in veg... the dehuey, which I don't need night now, cause the air is so dry. Anyway, I don't anticipate any problems with heat other than not having enough.

"it is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied"-
John Stuart Mill

1800w flip pods... over
-over

Last edited by bobblehead; 11-25-2011 at 05:56 PM..

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #19
silver hawaiian

silver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivorsilver hawaiian is a survivor

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."

"The tyranny of the hunt will take you by surprise - it'll cloud the most unobstructed eye, the unpliable will ply.."
silver hawaiian jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #20
Hundred Gram Oz
Our Work is Never Over

Hundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivorHundred Gram Oz is a survivor
You done what you had to do and it sounds like your new place is perfect with the owners out of town. Tearing down and relocating, the joys of a grower, I'm Looking forward to your thread taking off.

Best of luck to ya.
HGO

Vertical Donut
Current

Coco DTW Grow Tips From HGO
HGO vs ICMag Finished
Multi Strain 3600w Stacked Grow Finished
Vertical Coco Stacked 600's Finished
Multi Strain Vertical Coco Finished
Benefits of Vertical Growing
Tutorial: How to build your own secure lamp holder for a stacked bulb vertical grow
SSSDH Grow Report *****

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
Hundred Gram Oz jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #21
~Shhh~
JETS

~Shhh~ has disabled reputation
High bobble,

Glad to hear that you've got a new spot sorted bro Looks like this is going to be very VERY epic!!

I'm a bit lost though... are you saying that you have six and a half 72 site trays + 80 straw DD clones i.e: 548 cuttings? If so daaaaaaaamn!!! Your going in homie!!!

If your only running 2 racks to begin with are using all the clones in those 2 racks?

Can't wait to see this up and running ma dude, I know your going to smash it... I can tell by your persistence!

BTW what are you overtaking, the house?
~Shhh~ jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #22
blueberrydrumz

blueberrydrumz will become famous soon enoughblueberrydrumz will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
but... it's not all shits and giggles over here... The thing about gardening, is there are no short cuts. It's like life. You get out what you put in. The lessons are hard... So be prepared.

The racks are disassembled, and still have to get to the new spot. That's fine, b/c this new grow starts with the veg, and not the flower... You have to veg your plants before you can flower them, so it only makes sense to put the veg together first...

That's not to say that I don't have plants to flower though... I have these moms taking up space.. and now that I'm confident in my cloning abilities, I can do away with the crutch. A lot of new growers ask about how you should trim your plants for a vert grow. Well look close, cause that's what these pics are for. Notice that the insides are cleaned out, sucker branches taken out... Everything was used for clones. I pretty much only left tops, and a few small bit of foliage that will grow some buds on the lower part of the plant. Remember that the bottom does receive light as well, so you don't have to strip is 100% naked, but close to it.

and my room that is currently flowering needs to go back into veg... I'm 2 weeks in with stunted growth and no pistils. I have healthy foliage... pH is on point. So it's a pest. Russet mites most likely. I didn't forbid this crop and I'm kicking myself.
good luck with the new spot... fuc**** mites... i have had similar problems with my current grow... had to transplant and brush off every mite i could find by hand... i will deff as of now treat each & every cutting when rooted and make sure theyre 100% healthy & clean before i flower... not much point otherwise... waste of time & money
blueberrydrumz jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #23
AOD2012
I have the key, now i need to find the lock..

AOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond reputeAOD2012 has a reputation beyond repute
yea, you know bobble is doing it big Shhh..... haha, this is going to be some real epic shit once everything is up and running.

aod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine* View Post
Dont put much faith in shit u read , instead put faith in what u learn through practical application.
Quote:
The beauty of the cannabis trade is that it, while providing the high risk/reward levels of any profitable illegal business, unlike most other illegal businesses is one that can be done without in any way compromising one's moral standing or principles. The provision of cannabis to the existing market is, almost uniquely among illegal business endeavors, potentially not tainted by the harm it does to others. It can be done in a completely ethical way- even if it isn't always, it can be.

*Disclaimer* All pictures and written material are completely fictitious in nature, and in no way, matter or form a realistic depiction of my life. All of this is for entertainment purposes only.

Link-Library
AOD2012 jest offline   Quote

Old 11-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #24
bobblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundred Gram Oz View Post
You done what you had to do and it sounds like your new place is perfect with the owners out of town. Tearing down and relocating, the joys of a grower, I'm Looking forward to your thread taking off.

Best of luck to ya.
HGO
Thanks buddy! Just don't go giving me a sticky until I have the cat in the bag, ok? I have enough stress as it is... lol... and maybe send me a PM when it happens to let me know my thread wasn't deleted. ha ha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shhh~ View Post
High bobble,

Glad to hear that you've got a new spot sorted bro Looks like this is going to be very VERY epic!!

I'm a bit lost though... are you saying that you have six and a half 72 site trays + 80 straw DD clones i.e: 548 cuttings? If so daaaaaaaamn!!! Your going in homie!!!

If your only running 2 racks to begin with are using all the clones in those 2 racks?

Can't wait to see this up and running ma dude, I know your going to smash it... I can tell by your persistence!

BTW what are you overtaking, the house?
well the cuts in the 72 site flats don't have roots yet... so they're not plants. but yeah... I have over 500 cuts. Not all the same strain... I have enough Grape Skunk cuts to fill up another rack room. The other clones will be used for more moms, rather than keeping a big mom around... and to fill up a garage grow to make up for lost harvests due to inexperience cloning. The 80 StrawDD clones are for the next rack grow. As long as my body holds up I should have it up and running next week. I still have 90 StrawDD cuts that haven't rooted... so maybe some will miraculously grow some roots and I'll have 96 for a full house. I have a SB x SSSDH that roots super fast, along with my USD... and Sour Amnesia roots easily as well. Production rooms are another monster, let me tell ya...

I'm overtaking everything... I intend to have the most efficient grow posted on icmag. I don't know anyone pulling upwards of 2gpw, and I have that potential. DHF has been telling me I have dialage under my nose the whole time... but now I really have dialage under my nose with the most recent modifications. Now I just have to feed the beast. I'm going to out-yield the growers using higher wattage setups, while maintaining high quality. My 8lbs will be greater than anyone else's 8lbs, because I will pay less to grow it. On top of that, I'll be pulling down 6-10lbs every month. I've been talking about it, but now I"m ready to do it. That is the overtake of bobblehead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydrumz View Post
good luck with the new spot... fuc**** mites... i have had similar problems with my current grow... had to transplant and brush off every mite i could find by hand... i will deff as of now treat each & every cutting when rooted and make sure theyre 100% healthy & clean before i flower... not much point otherwise... waste of time & money
yeah bro, a clean start is the best way to go... but sometimes there's nothing you can do about it, especially with something as small as a mite and they have such short breeding cycles... It's best to stay on top of preventative maintenance, and don't forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD2012 View Post
yea, you know bobble is doing it big Shhh..... haha, this is going to be some real epic shit once everything is up and running.

aod
Thanks for the support dude.

I'm working on getting this tree grow up and running...

John Stuart Mill

1800w flip pods... over
-over

Last edited by bobblehead; 11-26-2011 at 02:37 PM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 AM   #25
Mister_D

Mister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivorMister_D is a survivor
Hey bobble exciting times for you i'm sure, busy times also hahaha. I'm knee deep in a trim session at the moment. Took a break for a smoke and some icmag, low and behold your new thread is up. Glad to see things are coming together for you. School is definitely in session, show us how it's done. I'm all about getting the same yield off of 3 lights I get off of 6 lights now. I've had some relevalations of my own concerning my take on the bobblepod design. Very intersted to see what you've got up your sleeve as well. I'll be watching, handle it buddy. Congrats on the house too, feels good to own something doesn't it.

D's Vertical Redemption (Completed)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....57#post4840157

D's Gone Hunting (Current)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post5941311

Cannafornia Seeds Caliente Kong & Alaskan Thunder Kong Test Thread (Current)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....15#post6280215

""Get It Fucking Done. It’s the truth, it’s the one thing you learn real fast in life is that nobody gives a fucking shit about excuses and the sooner you learn that nobody really gives a fuck about you, that you need to get off your ass and make shit happen then the better off everyone will be""". - Zakk Wylde
Mister_D jest offline   Quote

Old 11-26-2011, 04:00 AM   #26
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivormegayields is a survivor
IM up to my ass in trimming as well, I "sorta" created a new strain....Abusive Dog x Tangerine Haze...going to run a few next time to see wtf these Frankensteins look like.

Great Job bro...go BIg or go HOME!

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields jest offline   Quote

Old 11-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #27
DHF

Adapt or perish.......As you have and will always do as needed......and you know this.....respect....and.....

Everything`s right up under yer nose and ready ta start rotations ftw/portfolio......So much in front of yas Bro......so much potential....

Look how far you`ve come.....Keep strokin and handle it.....You`re doin fanfuckintastic on the road ta dialage.......

Peace....Freds.........

Old 11-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
prowler

prowler is a glorious beacon of lightprowler is a glorious beacon of lightprowler is a glorious beacon of lightprowler is a glorious beacon of lightprowler is a glorious beacon of light
Trees mentioned - got to love!

prowler jest offline   Quote

Old 11-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
supermanlives
Banned

supermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivorsupermanlives is a survivor
looking good bobble.
supermanlives jest offline   Quote

Old 11-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #30
Adrift

Adrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivorAdrift is a survivor
good luck! and happy cropping
Adrift jest offline   Quote