What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Silent 150w HPS Cab

Barnt

Going on grow #6. Started from clones, these girls have been vegging for 3 weeks and are just about ready to flower.

I have 2 clones of Mazar, 2 clones of some bomb bagseed (very vigorous growth, they are the biggest plants in my cab), and 2 different clones of bagseed that was supposed to be trainwreck. The trainwreck and random mothers were grown just enough to show sex and then cloned and kept in veg. This is the first time I have ran these strains, second time with Mazar.

I'm trying supper cropping this time around as I've done scrog and lst and both are a lot of work.

I'm switching to 12/12 tonight as I just finished my final revision to my ventilation system and now I know they will not have an interrupted light cycle.

Oh ya, this is soil (50% perlite, 25% worm casting, 25% soil) and I use the Foxfarm trio along with the flower supplements. The cab measures 22" wide, 18" deep and 34" tall. I also have an outdoor grow I just started, check my sig. I also discuss my design in the link in my sig.

Now for some pics:

8/26

9/2

9/9

9/16

Last edited:
how light tight are those dark room louvers? ive seen them, but always wondered if they are 100% light tight, and how well they flow air.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
They are 100%, zero light gets through. I'm using one on my 150w cab and one on my veg cab.

Barnt

The louvers work perfectly. I used to only have 1, but using the lasko fan on high it would create a lot of suction and would pull the door closed. This told me that the intake could be bigger and hence why I got a second louver.

No light leaks and no more pulling the door shut. Super easy and works very well.

Bounty: check my link in my sig for my design on the ventilation. And I guess its not 100% silent as in no noise, but its so quiet that when I have my tv on mute, the high pitch ringing that my tv makes drowns out my cab. And when the fridge kicks on in the other room forget about hearing my cab!

Last edited:

soxx16

nice work bro. looks good. my cab is silent when the lights are off haha. i've never seen a louver, where could i pick one up? need to get a few.
i just upgraded and added a 70w to my 150, taking me to 220. your setup looks great! :lurk: i got me a seat right here!
cheers

soxx

Barnt

Well I was going to post last night but it turned out I went over my 10 posts for 24 hours. I also was wrong, tonight is week 1.

kno3brock: Mazar isn't super stinky, but definitely needs a scrubber to remove the smell. Without it running my room would definitely stink like fresh herb. After 1 week my cab is already beginning to smell when I open it up and stick my nose in there.

Finally, here are the promised pics...

Lowered the light a bit, also changed it out with a fresh one. Last one has 1200 hours on it and was starting to get black, figured I'd retire it to veg and only use the new bulb for flower.

Front Row (left to right: Bagseed Trainwreck #1, Mazar, Bagseed)

Back Row (left to right: Mazar, Bagseed Trainwreck #2, Bagseed)

Barnt

Thanks InPotiTrust. I bought them separately (initially thinking 1 would work but it was a little too restrictive). $26 shipped each or if you buy two at one time they are a little cheaper.

I could have made my own intake with pvc pipes like some do, however due to my limited space I wanted something that would flush mount with the wall taking up no room inside the cab.