Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique Vendors > Cannacopia > Lapis Mountain Indica - Test Grow

Thread Title Search    
Visit Sensi Seeds For all your Genetic Needs!
 Lapis Mountain Indica - Test Grow Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
icon

Lapis Mountain Indica - Test Grow

Lets get it started! I just got them today.
Heres Cannacopia seeds discription for this strain.

Lapis Mountain Indica
This is a hybrid of two pure Afghan populations. The ‘Pure Afghan’ seeds were obtained by a private contractor while doing soils research in Afghanistan. The seeds were collected directly from a hashish farmer, and smuggled back for us to look through. We found the plants to be relatively stable, but we wanted a slightly earlier selection so we crossed the best females with our select Deep Chunk pollen, to add some genetic diversity and western improved characteristics, all the while keeping the line true to its afghan heritage. The flavour from these plants is unmistakably classic Afghan, with a slightly increased yield over the ‘Pure Afghan’ inbred line. Our selected mothers produced some of the nicest black hashish we’ve ever made, reminiscent of the finest Afghani black hash of the early 70’s. When asked about the specific region, all our friend could tell us that the seeds came from a small village close to what his company deemed the largest untapped Lapis deposit in the country, thus the name Lapis Mountain Indica. Yield is average (300-400 g/ sq m).
Indoor flowering: 8-9 Weeks

I'll be sprouting them with the wet paper towel method. For veg i will be using a 105w cfl & a 3" pc fan to keep it cool in a Homebox xs, i'll be using coco coir for my medium in 16 oz. party cups & i will be using Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow A & B, Superthrive, & Revive for nutrients.

Last edited by icon; 09-14-2008 at 01:25 AM..

Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
krizznapp

krizznapp is a splendid one to beholdkrizznapp is a splendid one to beholdkrizznapp is a splendid one to beholdkrizznapp is a splendid one to beholdkrizznapp is a splendid one to beholdkrizznapp is a splendid one to beholdkrizznapp is a splendid one to behold
Wow you got your test seeds fast! Goodluck icon
krizznapp jest offline   Quote

Old 09-12-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
chubbynugs
Registered Pothead

chubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud ofchubbynugs has much to be proud of
interesting strain indeed. I wish you the best in the test grow. Should be top notch.
chubbynugs jest offline   Quote

Old 09-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
North

Excellent, I'll be watching this one.

I'm sure your running this indoor?

when you flip to flower wanna try a week or 2 of 14 light 10 dark to help test is outdoor capabilities?

Old 09-13-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
icon

Thanx for the good vibes everyone.
I would say that the shipping was lightning fast.
North, yes im running this indoors & for the request to test for its outdoor capabilities i will do so.

For a bit more info for flowering I will run under a 400w hps sun system 10 ballast & a value bright air cooled hood cooled by a 8" Honeywell turbo fan (DIY). Flowering will take place in a closet 28" D x 32" W x 63" T. I will be using Sensi Bloom A & B, Superthrive, & Revive. The plants will be translanted into 1 gallon grow bags & remain in coco coir when put into flower. Its been a little over 24 hours & i already have 9/10 sprouted updates will be posted in a few days.

Last edited by icon; 09-14-2008 at 01:29 AM..

Old 09-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
Sleepy

Sleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivorSleepy is a survivor
Thumbs up

go speed racer, go!!

looks like a fun ride.
Sleepy jest offline   Quote

Old 09-15-2008, 04:28 AM   #7
North

Thanks Icon, if more indoor growers did that it would help us outdoor folks a ton.
Its one of my gripes about strain info, no real set info on when strains trigger and how quickly they respond to shorter hours.
thats sortta critical to northern growers like myself.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 AM   #8
scaramanga
Bong-Jitsu Instructor

scaramanga is just really nicescaramanga is just really nicescaramanga is just really nicescaramanga is just really nicescaramanga is just really nice
This should be interesting! Icon I hope you find some nice ones in there.

I need a another good indica, to go with my MLI.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:23 AM   #9
icon

They were put into rapid rooters & they seem to be pretty vigourous. So far so good looking healthy & strong & they have tap roots coming out of the bottom of the plugs already, tonight i will put them into 16 oz cups of canna coco.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 AM   #10
Dutchgrown
----

Dutchgrown has disabled reputation
A nice healthy start!

Thanks!
dg
Dutchgrown jest offline   Quote

Old 09-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #11
grapepunched

I thought Black Afghani was Afghani x Black Widow or Afghani x Black Viet, but what do I know??? =)

guess it could be BlackDomina x Afghani too!

-gp

Last edited by grapepunched; 09-17-2008 at 02:12 AM..

Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 AM   #12
Greyskull

Dude these beans are sprouting with quickness! Nice.

Old 09-18-2008, 03:42 AM   #13
Rainman
The revolution will not be televised.....

Rainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivorRainman is a survivor
Lookin Good!!
"As Wall Street goes, so goes the nation. And here's a look at the closing numbers – racism's up, human rights are down, peace is shaky, war items are hot - the House claims all ties. Jobs are down, money is scarce – and common sense is at an all-time low with heavy trading." - GSH

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Rainman jest offline   Quote

Old 09-19-2008, 08:05 AM   #14
icon

alright heres a little update

i got a runt growing very slowly

its first true leaves are getting nice & wide

Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #15
Care Free 1
Banned

Care Free 1 is a splendid one to beholdCare Free 1 is a splendid one to beholdCare Free 1 is a splendid one to beholdCare Free 1 is a splendid one to beholdCare Free 1 is a splendid one to beholdCare Free 1 is a splendid one to behold
Looking good icon, cant wait to see how they compare to mine in organic soil. My soil recipe is dialed in so I hope you've got it down in coco. lol
Care Free 1 jest offline   Quote