What's new

10kw Royal Gold Coco, DTW Bato Bucket Grow

P

pimpjuice

Switched out the dyna-rok and decided to give some Royal Gold coco a run. Left a small layer of rock in the bottom of each bucket. Still using a Intellidose, set at 1.8 EC using cutting edge nutes lucas style. Res is hooked up to a float controller using tap water. So far the avg plant height is a little over 1.5ft. These plants got transplanted into here about 4 days ago. I will probably flip them to 12/12 saturday if they've hit two feet. So far I would say I'm getting better growth rates in the coco vs. the dyna-rok. I'm using 2gph drippers, which are watering for a 1 min every 35 mins, I will be adjusting that as necessary. This grow is mostly cheese, super silver haze (the oldsog 8 week version).

Last edited:

asher1er

Veteran
how many plants?

seems like a nice clean setup, i'll be keeping an eye on this..my next run is coco aswell :joint:

what size is your room?

k++

rooted

nice room :joint:

good luck with the coco :yes: i've been having great results with it, been recycling the same coco all year no problems here :D

are those plants topped? how tall do you expect they'll finish?

:wave:

asher1er

Veteran
also a little info on your draining method if you don't mind.. im tryna set my place up have a few ideas but not sure which route to take yet :joint:

Y

yamaha_1fan

I saw 10K grow and said ahh nice. Then I saw it was PJ and said well this should be good.

I am sure you wont disappoint. Good luck and hope all is going well over there.

J

Joe Budden

10 K wow nice job, just keep aiming for gram per wat and you will have a wonderful harvest lol. Hey what's your room dimensions?
Later
JB

P

pimpjuice

This room is L-shaped, 1 row of 2 lights and 2 rows of four lights. 9 plants under each light and the lights are on 4.5 x 5 ft centers. The room is about 18 ft at the widest part of the L, and about 22 ft long.

As far as drainage. The room is on the side of a hill, so the pipes the bato buckets are sitting on all drain to a reservoir under the room and feed a flower garden outside. Asher- If your place is on pier and beam just drain out to your yard, super easy. A system like this can run for weeks with no maintence.

I'm guessing they will be pretty big & bushy when they are done ;) I've been running about half the room sour diesel previous grows so I usually don't veg the strains I'm running now this tall. I'd guess I'll end up with a bunch of 4+ footers if I flip them at 2 feet.

Hey Irish! Looks like I'll have something ready for november, about time I have some good samples.

asher1er

Veteran
im def going DTW, house is not raised might have to build a lifted floor n work something out with the drain... mentioning the details of your room i think ive seen some of your older grows? maybe im just ripped not sure lol

what size are those pots?

B

Bigtimer7

WOW!!

SHould be amazing as always!

Good luck and should be another amazing show +++

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
pimpjuice said:
I'm guessing they will be pretty big & bushy when they are done ;) I've been running about half the room sour diesel previous grows so I usually don't veg the strains I'm running now this tall. I'd guess I'll end up with a bunch of 4+ footers if I flip them at 2 feet.
:lurk:

D

DEDHEDFRED

Hey PJ.......lookin massive as always.....I`ve found that not feeding em as often in veg makes the rootmass explode so they can support the plant once they stop making roots as the stretch comes to an end......Maybe next run you could try it and see if they get bigger before the flip....Might save yas some time so yas can flip faster ......Not tryin ta tell yas what ta do , just wanting nothin but major success for yas Bro........I feed my coco 5 gal smartpots DTW once a day through stretch and then blast em with bloom juice twice a day bout 3rd week flower as the stretch slows down and swellage begins till the last week or so............Plants that big will need some silicablast or equivalent for stem cell wall development to keep limbs from snappin under their own weight as well as SM-90 in yer rez @ 5 ml per gal. once weekly ta keep bugs from takin hold........Coco`s notorious for the "perfect environment" for every critter there is that`ll fuck yer grow.......Also keep some Cal/Mag on the shelf for emergencies cuz that`s usually the first thing ta go sideways in a coco grow.......Anyways.....Here`s wishin the Big One for yas my buddy....Good luck and stay safe........DHF......... :joint: .........

Last edited:
G

gdawg

dang PJ lookin good again bro! thats how i wanna hit it with the bato bucks but the only local shop didnt have any. i've been on that coco for about 3 years now and i love that chit. run to waste the past year and that pretty much ended all issues. you pumpin the co2! man ima just sit back :smoker: and watch this bang!

P

pimpjuice

I really like the bato buckets, I wish they made a few different sizes. Bato's are a true 2.5 gallons. I ran co2 in this room during the winter, but it jacked the humidity way up, even without the co2 burner I use a santa fe HC dehuey (I'm trying to keep that off for a couple more weeks, it uses about as much power as 1kw). Co2 was more hassle than it was worth, I'm pretty lucky I don't have to use an A/C in this room, 1900 cfm of exhaust & 2 passive intakes keeps the temps right. I at one time used to run a 10kw sealed room with a 4ton central a/c, that room worked really well with co2, I got 21lbs and some change one run with sour d. That room stayed so dry I used a fogger to raise the humidity.

Plants hit 2 feet today, going to flip them tommorow. Changed the watering to 1 minute on every 45 mins.

Last edited:

irish

looking good at 2 ft!
i have to stop looking at your thread as my brain gets too fired up...
i just picked up sour d recently along with that SSH... i'd like to talk to you more about the sour but i can't pm over here and november is way too far away to be waiting to pick your brain... LOL

looking real strong.

Latest posts

Latest posts