What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO 250W ("The Pure" & Chemdog IX1) Using H3AD's formula.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Wow, looks like a nice little haul for sure. Good to hear The Pure has a great aroma on the stalk. Can't wait to see the smoke report and final numbers!

TheBEAK

@K.J
The aroma it has during harvest becomes way better in the jars after a month or two. All kinds of lemony/fruity smells start to pop. Something to look foreward to:)

The numbers are in

I've been drying the girls for 6 days, and today they passed the "snapping branch test", and I've jarred them up for a 24 hour sweat. From tomorrow, and a week or so foreward, I'll open them two times a day for burping, and after that, once a day for a week or so, and then once a week after that for as long as they need it.

The total weight was 147g, so not more than my soilgrow, which yielded 158g. Still a lot better than I expected when comparing the pics from the two grows:)
I did cut away far more tiny stalks this time and that could account for a small portion of the decrease.

Average yield per plant for Chemdog IX1: 26g

Average yield per plant for The Pure: 23g

Contrairy to my initial expectations, the Chemdogs yielded the most.

The reason why I didn't yield better than my soilgrow:

- 110W CFL for veg compared to the 250W MH in my soilgrow
- Didn't water the coco every day, but instead every other.
- The plants were slightly burned in veg, due to me letting the nute koncentration get too hot, by not watering often enough.
- The plants were allowed to stretch way to much in veg, which made the grow less effective
- My aircooled hood doesn't have as wide a footprint as an open reflector, like the one I used in my soilgrow, which caused buds near the side to get smaller amounts of light.

I'll sample this weekend, and I'll post a smokereport.

Here's a few pics of the dried buds:

6 days since chop

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Lemony and Fruity? Yummmmm! I have some Skunk (not sure if it's The Pure or not) right now and it does have a sweet smell to it, though I can't quite pin it down...it's very funky at the same time, like a good cheese.

It looks like a really nice haul. Great work on your postmortem too!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Our styles and strains are so utterly dissimilar, I never know what to say when I stop by (which I do quite often) But it occurs to me I've never said as much as hello ...

Hello, Beak,

May I say what a lovely garden you have. Props on the clear and entertaining read as well. Love the "ghetto" engineering. You've plainly illustrated top flight buds can be had at bargain prices with a little imagination and elbow grease. :wave:

K

krushonkush

WOOHOOO!! Again thanks for the show. Enjoy your smoke. Have a great New Year!

TheBEAK

K.J said:
Lemony and Fruity? Yummmmm! I have some Skunk (not sure if it's The Pure or not) right now and it does have a sweet smell to it, though I can't quite pin it down...it's very funky at the same time, like a good cheese.

It looks like a really nice haul. Great work on your postmortem too!

Thx K.J
I just smelled the jars after 24 hours of sweating(the buds not me :rasta: ), and the smell from the Chemdogs had a little bit of Sour Diesel smell to it, but not alot. Hoping for good things to happen in the jar though.

The Pure's were easy to pick out. Intense lemon and rotting fruit smell with something undescribeable mixed in between. My #5 pheno actually hurt my nostrills a little when I smelled the jar. I'll get some shot of those buds soon. Should be some great smoke:)

FreezerBoy said:
Our styles and strains are so utterly dissimilar, I never know what to say when I stop by (which I do quite often) But it occurs to me I've never said as much as hello ...

Hello, Beak,

May I say what a lovely garden you have. Props on the clear and entertaining read as well. Love the "ghetto" engineering. You've plainly illustrated top flight buds can be had at bargain prices with a little imagination and elbow grease. :wave:

Hi Freezerboy
Well I fell like we already know each other, I've spendt so much time checking out your impressive yoga classes with those strechy girls you've got going overthere :respect:
Actually the best lesson I've learned from my ghetto engineering, is what things you can go cheap/ghetto on, and which things are just ment to come in a box;)

My next grow should will prob be Smartvalve-operated like the autopots.
A great kombination of the simplicity of Soil or Coco, but with no handwatering, and no plants getting less than they crave.
And since I'll be doing sativas next time for shure(Amnesia Haze, Mango Haze, or Bangi Haze), I'll use your thread for reference when in doubt.

krushonkush said:
WOOHOOO!! Again thanks for the show. Enjoy your smoke. Have a great New Year!

Yeah this New Year will certainly be a green one :rasta:

Last edited:
Nice grow beak! both of your grows are some of the best I've seen under any 250W light. Im thinking of coco grow but now after watching this grow im 100% COCO!! Keep up the good work. Best of luck

Bumble Buddy

Congrats on another great run BEAK.

And since I'll be doing sativas next time for shure(Amnesia Haze, Mango Haze, or Bangi Haze)
Any of those would be good I'm sure but consider that there are some Original Haze x Skunk #1 available out there made by the man...