What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brown Spots on Leaves

cloneX

Just noticed brown spots on some of the leaves, can anyone tell me what it is and how to prevent it from spreading to more leaves, thanks for any help

Rust1.jpg

Rust3.jpg

Last edited:
V

Verger OG

Could be Potassium deficiency.
If so, all round fertilizer or woodash will do the trick.

cloneX

Anyone know what this is please

The soil is wet because I just watered it. I let it dry out between watering's :jawdrop: hehehe funny smiely

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
As noted- it looks like K def.

Your soil is far too wet, and likely too acidic, if that is the symptom presenting.
Also, how tall is the plant, and what is the pot volume?
When you re-pot, go to a gallon for every foot of main stem. Add more perlite to your soil, even if it is already present. That symptom is a CLASSIC one on plants sitting in cool, wet, acidic soil. Lightening it and using a complete fertilizer given at pH 6.7 will help bundles.
Also- do I see little silvery thrip-trails on the leaves that are actually in focus?

Hint: When you take pics, try setting both the plant and camera on solid objects to avoid blurriness, and get a shot of the WHOLE plant, including its pot. That really helps.

LAGTAG123

If you look at the "second pic" in this thread you will notice how the "veins" are turning brown. What would the cause of this be? The problem affects the fan leaves at the very bottom of the plant and works its way up the plant killing the leaves affected. THis is not a browning seen in other problems or deficientcies seen where the edges of the leaf first turns brown. In this situation the veins turn brown first and than the browning spreads outward over the leaf.

nomaad

Veteran
I would hit it with a npk plus micro-nutrient foliar spray at a 6.8 or 7.0 pH.

That will cover all your bases (cuz it looks to me like possible multiple defs) and deliver it regardless of whether the root zone is absorbing nutes. I would let the soil dry out completely and then flush it well. once it dries again, you hit it with a half strength NPK.

You can continue to foliar feed thru this process if you think the plants need it.

LAGTAG123

I would hit it with a npk plus micro-nutrient foliar spray at a 6.8 or 7.0 pH.

That will cover all your bases (cuz it looks to me like possible multiple defs) and deliver it regardless of whether the root zone is absorbing nutes. I would let the soil dry out completely and then flush it well. once it dries again, you hit it with a half strength NPK.

You can continue to foliar feed thru this process if you think the plants need it.
I've been using Foxfarm nutrients and I'm guessing this would "not" be used as a foliar spray. Would you agree, and is there any particular brand you would recommend? Also when you use the term "deliver it" I am not sure what this means. Lastly, after the soil dries out after flushing should the half strength feeding be fed to the root system instead of applying via foliar spray? Thanks much.

nomaad

Veteran
you'll be delivering the nutes via the stomata on the leaves rather than the root system. Don't forget that there are more stomata on the undersides of the leaf that the tops, so spray the bottoms as well.

I don't know fox farms stuff... but I know that most base nutes and micronute products have foliar instructions on the container. If you cannot, for some reason, use your fox farms in a foliar spray, i would suggest Botanicare Pure Blend. A good rule of thumb is to use about 50% the concentration you would use in a soil feeding.

Also, don't forget to use a wetting agent. I like to use Natural Wet which has saponins (yucca extract) in it, but you can just use a few drops of ivory soap too. This will help the nutes stay on the leaves long enough to do some good.

Latest posts

Latest posts