-Composted Chicken Crap and Straw from Chicken House floor
-And some decomposed "Tree" from the forest behind the Cabin

Nutes:

per Gallon of water everytime I water

-They are fed 4-droppers full of Schultz 10-15-10
-1 Tbsp. Fish Emultion
-4 drops SuperThrive

Light Mounting:

The idea behind this is simple, in Dr.B’s SOG style grow you want to incorporate the stretch into the grow. This is achieved by mounting the lights at a height where the plants finish growing within inches of the lights. Currently, Dr.B flowers his clones at 2-3 inches and they finish at approx. 14in (Chesaw strain). A trial and error bases is required to find the ideal height for your strain/pheno type.

Dr.Bud’s diagnoses

The budsicle is the natural reaction of every MJ plant when you find her "Sweet Spot". The “SweetSpot” is the height at which we induce flowering to achieve max Height/Weight without side branching. The S.S.(SweetSpot) of each kind is different for some it's 3" and others its 5”,6”,7”, you get the Idea . My old Haze x xNL#5 flowered at 1" and finished 17 weeks later at 29-31".

Special note:

Q. Doc, I believe you said your flower box was 28" tall (?) Since your lights are fixed do you elevate the individual pots when they're first placed into the box ?

A. Yup' they sit on some 4" pots that are about 5 Inches tall for about 7-10 days when they first go in

SOG:

-16 plants per sq ft.
-20oz(700ml) pop bottles cut down to 16oz(560ml) with 11 holes drilled into the bottom

Watering:

This “drowning” style of watering is only necessary when using a container that is 16oz or smaller. The benefits from this “ebb & flow” type of watering is it forces bad gases out and ensures all of the soil is used by the plant.

1. Find a container that is slightly larger than your 16oz bottle.
2. Place your 16oz bottle into the container.
3. Fill the container with water/nutes until the water level is above the soil, hold down soil if necessary.
4. Continue holding bottle down until you can no longer see bubbles rising to the surface(approx. 1-2 minutes under water).
5. Allow the bottle to completely drain before putting back into your grow space(usually takes 5-10mins).

NOTE 1: This watering method can be very time consuming, I speak from experience.
NOTE 2: Each bottle is given one quarter turn when returned to the cab so that all sides can receive light.

Early Sexing:

-When your seedling has hit its 3rd node, top it. In approx. 5-7 days, timing may vary from strain to strain, you will have two 1 inch cuttings. Use these two cuttings to determine your plant's sex.

Cloning:

-it is made from a bed of perlite in any clear/opaque container that seals.
-100% wet perlite soaked with 10 drops SuperThrive per gallon of water and pour off the excess water....leaving 1/2"(inch) of water under the perlite...
-Press the perlite down firmly...and make lil' holes in it about 1-1.5" apart...
-Make yur' cut and dip in whatever you use .....
-put it in the hole and press perlite up around it...
-Repeat til box is full...
-Seal it up and don't touch it for 2 dayz...
-after 2 days open it up 1 or 2 times per day....for a week or so then start lifting the top a lil' bit each day til it is off....
-When they show a lil' new growth ....pot'em up.....

Flowering Box Detail's:

- 24" x 14" x 28"
- 5 warm white CFL’s
- Cooled with a 265 dayton blower
- interior is painted flat white

Dr.Bud’s diagnoses

-The temp. in the Cabin is a pretty steady 72-75 air is pulled out by a dayton 265 into the toilet vent
-Keeps it around 75-78 in the box
-I'm at just over 5,000 ft. it never gets hot for long....even in the summer
-210 watts of CFL's over 27 clones in 2 sq. ft.
-they finish in 9 weeks
-Avg. 7- 21 Grams dried per plant
-harvest 3 per week
-0.75-2.25 oz a week

*Special thanks goes out to Dr.Bud for sharing his knowledge of MJ.
**Please let know if you find any inaccurate information and ill do my best to fix it up

Last edited by eLiguL; 08-22-2008 at 09:07 PM..

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:17 AM #2
eLiguL

FAQ

Q. Wouldn't it be better for your roots to use a container that doesn't let light through? just a thought

A. Traditionally this was thought to be true, however, this doesnt seem to affect the strains/phenos that Dr.Bud has grown out. The only way to find out if it affects your strain/pheno is to try it out for yourself.

*Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions or info to share.

Last edited by eLiguL; 07-13-2008 at 08:29 PM..

Old 07-13-2008, 04:19 AM #3
eLiguL

LINKS

Compact SOG with CFL's....
This is the original thread that started it all

***DrBud Takes CFL SOG to the Next Level 1176 Watts***
In this link Dr.Bud explores his CFL growing style in a not so micro way

**DrBuds Bonsai Mum's- How To for You**
Keeping mom's, Dr.Bud style

****Dr.Bud's GEISHA Girlz**** "Test Grow"
A test grow/dairy of "Geisha" from Head Seeds [COMPLETED]

***DrBud Grows "Sweet Sativa" from Down Under***
A test grow/dairy of Sweet Sativa [In Progress]

Last edited by eLiguL; 07-20-2008 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-13-2008, 04:20 AM #4
eLiguL

Saved for future use 3

Old 07-13-2008, 06:28 AM #5
Thundurkel
Just Call me Urkle!!

Thundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of lightThundurkel is a glorious beacon of light
Good job on the post bro that makes it pretty simple
The Vault: Truck's Genetics - Urkel x Crystal Trident, Dream Cross(Blue Dream x CT)... Bodhi Seeds- Yo Mama... Reservation Labs - Green Crack x SCK, Astili, Mucho Mango... Bobblebeans - Sour Bubble x Grape Skunk, Purps x Grape Skunk... ThunderKid's Collection Cherry Kush S1's, Lemon Larry(Swerves Cut) x Cherry Kush, Blowfish S1(only have 1 of em wish me luck)
Thundurkel is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 AM #6
sandman8324

sandman8324 is on a distinguished road
wouldnt it be better for your roots to use a container that doesn't let light through? just a though
sandman8324 is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2008, 10:01 AM #7
petemoss
old school pothead

petemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the roughpetemoss is a jewel in the rough
Good summary, eLiguL! In one of his threads, Dr Bud mentions that when cloning, the perlite is soaked with water containing 10 drops of Superthrive per gal.

Also, he says in the Geisha girls thread to top at the third node. But in his Bonzai Mum's thread, he shows a seedling topped at the first node at week 1. Which is the right way?

Petemoss' Modular Bio SCROG
My Perpetual SOG cabinets

Last edited by petemoss; 07-13-2008 at 10:25 AM..
petemoss is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2008, 01:25 PM #8
dontstepongrass
M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew

dontstepongrass has disabled reputation
they are both right. if you can take cuttings and get them to root without extra nodes then do it! (twice as many clones!) if not, then take that extra node.
dontstepongrass is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2008, 02:53 PM #9
Bombay

Bombay is on a distinguished road
If u dont mind, can u please take a look at my thread and answers the questions i have on there? Thanks.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=94385
Bombay is offline Quote

Old 07-13-2008, 04:43 PM #10
eLiguL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman8324
wouldnt it be better for your roots to use a container that doesn't let light through? just a though
Traditionally this was thought to be true, however, this doesnt seem to affect the strains/phenos that Dr.Bud has grown out. The only way to find out if it affects your strain/pheno is to try it out for yourself.

Last edited by eLiguL; 07-13-2008 at 04:44 PM..