What's new

New wiring

fumancu

A freind ask me to do some wiring for him.Awhile ago I said to a few people on here to use conduit and was told I have a love of conduit.I can live with that but here is what I was talking about.

P1010223.jpg

http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll454/mikel2425/P1010225.jpg
click on link to see timer open

You will notice no loose wires between timer and outlets
all outlet faces closed
the top timer will get replaced with heavy duty soon

the building wire stops at the first outlet box as seen at bottom box
stranded is used from there to outlets or timer I had a big roll of red so its all red.

20 amp outlets used
all outlets on own 20 amp breaker

top for veg room

middle box has right and left outlets each on 20 amp breaker
flower room 2x 1000w a/c and fans on one timer

bottom box on own 20 amp breaker for pumps ect.

This same setup could be put on its own board with dryer plug or just outlet plug.

So tell me what you think could it have been done better?

Last edited:

DIGITALHIPPY

Veteran
fishheadbob said:
Show off.
Nice work.
not really, hes gottin in a few 'tifs' with some people telling him not-nice things, and that he has no clue what hes doing.
more like, proof- his word isnt worthless.
but it still looks clean,
what awg#? #12?

2buds

fumancu said:
stranded is used from there to outlets or timer I had a big roll of red so its all red.

Did you use red wire in place of black/white/bare ground inside the conduit?
If so be careful that you keep your hots and commons correct. If you place your switch in the common line it will flip things off and on but if you grab hold of the end line to change something thinking the timer is off your hot will actually still be hot and grabbing a ground will complete the circuit. Don't know if this is a past argument just wanna make sure you stay safe.
The conduit makes it look clean.
Beauty of plywood walls is a screw will grab anywhere. :)
And no light leeks too.
Holds smells in too. I ran silicone around/in all corners cracks and crevices around my plywood walls.

Peace! :joint:

fumancu

Yes eveything #12 wire. I had a big roll of red so I used that.I know where and when all the powers at and the timer is breaking hots. There is a plastic cover that covers the wires in the timer that is installed now.

Last edited:

PharmaCan

Veteran
Looks good, but what I want to know is where you got the invisible wire that runs to your timer. LOL

A couple of tips: Plastic conduit is a lot easier to work with and, if you are using one color wire, it's not a bad idea to get some colored plastic tape (sold in the electrical department) and color-code the wires yourself. (You just barber-pole the tape for 6"-12" on the ends.)

PC

fumancu

The outlet at left of timer is not timed.building wire stops at that outlet then stranded is ran from there to the timer.Outlets make real good wire connectors. Ridged or EMT is way easier and looks a lot better than plastic. Plastic is more for outdoor use.Color codeing would be a good idea.But when the lights go all the wiring goes to with a little hole to patch.Thats why this setup is so good its portable.I know where everything is at and will be the only one working on it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts