What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blockhead in Coco

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I just got 5 Blockhead cuts rooted, I'm going to let them strengthen their root mass over the next week or so, and when they look like they're about to take off, I'm going to put them into the flower cabinet. I'm hoping to save 1 as a mother plant and flower out the other 4, but we'll see how they do.

There's the seed plant in the 2 liter bottle, and the 5 cuts, freshly transplanted from these passive perlite wick cloners.

Hopefully I can give you guys a good show!:wave:

11908Feeding.GIF

My feeding plan, I'll be following it exactly, doing my best to change it out every week, for reference.

Specs:
150w CFLs for the first week or so, 150w HPS for flowering, possibly with additional side lighting, up to 100 more watts of fluorescent tubes

GH Flora Micro and Bloom, with some Liquid KoolBloom thrown in a few times, recirculating with a reservoir change once a week.

Last edited:

Dr.Snow

Can't wait to see the results of this :) I'm interested in seeing how you like the blockhead, it's one of those strains I've always wanted to try. Good luck, I'll be tuning in

N

NZjay

best of luck... i just got a hold of some Venomhead, which is Blockhead x (c99 x Venomberry).

looking forward to see this one. i guess blockhead is a big yeilder, so be interesting to see what you can do with 150watts.

stay safe.

HAPPYTREE

I dont know what the vertical height is in your cab but i found the blockhead(my pheno) to not be much of a stretcher. She stretched plenty on her seed run but had very little stretch from the clones. i dont know if you have already ran this girl or not. Just my 2 cents heres a pic hope you dont mind. Ill edit out if its a problem

HT :rasta:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Looks good HAPPYTREE, hopefully mine looks as good. I've heard the same thing about the stretch so I think I'll veg them until they're close to the height I want them to end at.

I'm also very curious how it performs with the 150w, I'll hopefully be getting a new bulb before they begin flowering.

Siddartha

looking good Bounty!

How is that cloner working out? Are there instructions for building/filling/using that thing somewhere and I'm just missing them?

Looking for to t3h Blockhead!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
All that cloner is is the top 3/4 of a 2liter bottle, with about 6 inches of perlite in it, and about 3 inches of water. Then I stick the bottom half of another 2 liter bottle on the top with varying degrees of sealing depending on the humidity I want and just let it go. Without a doubt the easiest way to clone. I popped the cuts in there, and did a whole lot of nothing for a few weeks, and pulled them out and they had roots like pictured. I got the inspiration from DrBudGreengenes thread, he uses larger more square containers, which I'd like better, but this is what I had to work with.

yts farmer

Veteran
good luck with your blockhead.

i can also confirm that the blockhead that i have done in the past had almost no stretch when put into flower.

also keep humidity down in late flower.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Looks great yts, thanks! I've seen krome's, his looks pretty dank too. They're taking a little longer than I was expecting to take to the coco, but as soon as stuff gets going I'll get some pics! :wave:

ConceptOfSleep

Bounty:wave:

Looking REAL good! Ive always wanted to grow the Blockhead...Ive got Blubonic and Swt#3 runnin now from seed in coco as well.

Ill definitely be taggin this one :lurk:

Everything looks good so far!

:joint:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
yts farmer said:
good luck with your blockhead.

i can also confirm that the blockhead that i have done in the past had almost no stretch when put into flower.

also keep humidity down in late flower.
just look at that fat ass bitch. kick ass job man.

yo bounty nice to see you in the diary sector. lol gonna be fun to watch you do your thing

Murphle

Are there any blockhead seeds available anywhere currently? HempDepot has them on and off again, but I've learned my lesson dealing w/ them. Sux, cause they have a decent priced seedlist on e-thing except dutch genetics. Grow/flowers look great!! Keep up the good work.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Looking good bounty, do you know what pheno you've got?

The short phenos do put on some weight, but the tall ones are real monsters if grown right, and it's knock-out weed.

Stretch is reasonable, but then again, stretch depends on a lot of factors, and can be more or less reduced.

chicalyx

I'm jealous and eagerly watching. Kicking myself in the ass for not grabbing a few packs to play with when they were widely available. Remember seeing some phenos on OG that looked killer.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Hey man, just noticed this new thread and had to check it out. Looking forward to seeing you flower out those blockheads, take care man.

B/R

Latest posts

Latest posts